Author Topic: Orijen - changing the recipe!  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Orijen - changing the recipe!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 19:33:37 PM »
I would be interested to know the source of the Omega 3. I read recently that the seal murderers are being really arrogant after the EC ban and said they will find another market for seal products - one they mentioned is Omega 3 oil. With them being in Canada, it is quite worrying  :scared:

Another thing that baffles me is they say it is grain-free, yet one of the ingredients is Zea Mays (corn)  :shify:
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 19:39:56 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Orijen - changing the recipe!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 18:37:05 PM »
Just received the following email - I have replied that I hope the animals realise it is an 'improved' recipe!

Dear ORIJEN Partner,

Please find attached an overview of the recent changes that Champion Petfoods have made to ORIJEN. These changes are reflected in two ways, namely:

*   Changes to the packaging to reflect the 'Pet Food of the Year' award, a gold medal is now featured on the top right of all the bags plus there are a number of other subtle changes to the packaging.
*   Improvements to the ORIJEN recipe; increase in the fresh meat content of the food delivering 50% more Omega 3 and an increase in Glucosamine and Chondroitin.

Please note that the improved recipe ORIJEN with new packaging will be introduced over the coming weeks as our stocks switch from the old to new style packaging. You will also be pleased to learn that the dollar pricing has been removed from the new style 400g Trial Size bags and you should start to see these being introduced during the next month or so.

What's next for ORIJEN?

ORIJEN Regional Red will be available for sale in the UK & Ireland from early September, further details will follow shortly in a separate email.

Link to CatChat