Author Topic: Poor little Persian  (Read 4105 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Poor little Persian
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2009, 14:40:23 PM »
a/d is normally good,is she congested? That can affect appetite.
Does she eat dry food? Most of the persians iv come across have been really awkward with wet food having been brought up on junky dry food, its then a real effort to break that habit!!
Royal Canin do a persian biscuit now, not sure how appropiate it is for them but my lot certainly enjoyed the taste of it  ;D

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2009, 14:38:46 PM »
Aw hope you manage to find something that she likes....she is probably feeling full on the 2 tins being used to small amounts! Good Luck!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Purrrrfect (Shelly)

• Senior Cat
  • R.I.P Pippa, Lady, Sammy, Fudge & Smudge. xxxxx
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 12:07:53 PM »
I gave her some pilchards this morning wich she ate a little of. She is refusing the kitekat now. I have taken some chicken peices out of the freezer wich i will be cooking with some rice and hopefully she will eat that. She realy needs to be eating 4 + small meals per day to get her strength up, but is only eating 1 or 2 so i will try a few things and see what she takes to. I know she likes packet ham and chicken etc but they are too high in salt.  I will update a little more later.   :hug:
Adopt a cat or kitten at...
www.the-kats-whiskers.co.uk/smf-forum 
Request a custom forum siggie, avatar or picture resizes at.. http://siggiestogo.smfforfree3.com
Pets Lost, Found & Stolen UK
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129703920378095
R.I.P Pippa, Lady, Sammy, Fudge & Smudge. xxxxx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2009, 07:50:55 AM »
I would go with a/d and maybe some cat milk.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2009, 06:38:25 AM »
aah, bless her - hope some of those suggestions help  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2009, 06:21:07 AM »
Im glad to hear she is feeling a bit better, try some minced up chicken mixed with rice and a little bit of chicken juice or maybe Farleys rusks mixed with cat milk or a little bit of rice pudding, this is what we used to feed Eddie when he was first found, he was all skin and bone and could only eat tiny amounts to start with, :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2009, 01:09:01 AM »
Hills ad diet which is for cats recovering from illness and can be got from vets....would try one tin which should keep for 2 days in fridge once opened but covered so it doesnt dry out.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2009, 00:22:20 AM »
Not sure really -maybe a bit of weetabix mixed with some warm milk in addition to her cat food - will she eat biscuits ? There maybe a special one you can get to build her up - the vet may have some ideas .
As for eye cleaning -none of my girl persians like it done and sulk afterwards - yet the boys are really good . Adding to the fact Bungly now has to have 2 pills a day as well - sometimes she runs and tries to hide as i am either giving her a pill or cleaning her eyes !!
Good luck with Lady and lots of mega healing and eating vibes for her - she will come round a bit more as she gets stronger , bless her for coming to the stairs , she must be feeling a little bit better  :Luv2: :Luv2: :hug:

• Senior Cat
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 23:43:15 PM »
Update on Lady,

I got up this morning and went for a shower. I thought i would collect Lady from the bedroom when id'e finished. Hubby went off downsairs to feed the rest of the cats. When i got out the shower i found Lady sitting at the top of the stairs looking down, tears ran down my face because she had walked from the other side of the bedroom to get to the stairs bless her. I shouted hubby and he came to the bottom of the stairs he called her and she managed to get down 3 steps so hubby came up to get her. She protested very loudly for being picked up. He popped her on the kitchen floor and she had a little walk round.

She then headed back for the stairs and climbed all the way to the top. Sadly i had to bring her back down again to feed her and give her, her tablet. I put it in her food but after quite some time she had not touched her food so i had to give her another tablet via pet pill popper. While she was in a bad mood anyway i took the opportunity to clean her eyes.

I eventually got her to eat around late afternoon. I will get some new pics of her tomorrow. She still sits round looking so misrable and does'nt want to do anything.

Does anyone have any idea's what i can give her to build her up quicker and give her a bit of energy??

Request a custom forum siggie, avatar or picture resizes at.. http://siggiestogo.smfforfree3.com

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 16:39:26 PM »
so glad this little one is safe now.  sending lots of :hug: and healing vibes for this gorgeous little lady.
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 22:59:38 PM »
Its lovely to see her being able to enjoy the pampered lifestyle she has obviously been so long in waiting for!  :Luv2: :hug:

• Senior Cat
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 22:21:40 PM »
How is Lady doing this morning, fingers crossed she had a comfortable nights rest and is feeling a bit perkier this morning :hug:

Lady seams a little better today she had a wander across the worktop (thats where i have her bed during the day because its away from the floor and drafts) and we even got a little meow out of her rather than the hissing and growling. She is eating well but is still very weak. She is sleeping quite a lot but that will be good for her to build her streangth and energy. I take her to bed with me at night by just picking her bed up. She likes to share my toast in the mornings and had a treat of ham and chicken yesterday. Thank you all for your very kind comments and concerns.  :hug:

Offline harlequin

• Senior Cat
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 12:04:07 PM »
Poor little girlie. People just don't understand that pedigrees get abused just as much as moggies. I've just started volunteering for my local cat rescue and I was so suprised to see how many persians they have there. The lady who runs it reckons it's because persians require grooming so often and people deem them to be high maintenance and dump them because they can't be arsed. It's so sad :(

I'm glad that Lady will be living out her days with all the love and affection she deserves. "God love her" indeed! :Luv:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2009, 11:35:06 AM »
Poor little girl  :( - well done for looking after her - she looks like a chinchilla to me ..

Yes, I'd have said chinnie too, bless her  :Luv2:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2009, 09:53:44 AM »
How is Lady doing this morning, fingers crossed she had a comfortable nights rest and is feeling a bit perkier this morning :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 22:09:22 PM »
bless her - I feel sure these 'before' piccies are going to be so useful when she has blossomed into full 'afterhood'
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2009, 22:06:20 PM »
Awwwwwww bless her she looks a lot more relaxed in that comfy bed, :Luv:with all the TLC and plenty of proper food she will hopefully blossom in your care into the beautiful cat she should be :hug:

• Senior Cat
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2009, 21:53:38 PM »
I have sorted out a nicer bed for her today and she seams to like it because she is curled up properly sleeping rather than sitting up hanging her head. When she gets up to eat, drink etc its heart breaking to watch her because she is so thin and has very little muscle to support herself and she wobbles.  As my mum said today when she saw Lady, "God love her"    :Luv2:  :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2009, 21:05:29 PM »
Awwww poor little girl, so pleased she's found her way to you and has the forever home she so deserves  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2009, 21:04:16 PM »
Thank you for caring  :hug: :hug: :hug: 

I think in a few weeks, if you are able to post a picture, we wont recognise Lady  :Luv:
People Power Works!!!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2009, 15:59:20 PM »
Aw bless her and Well Done for taking this lovely lady into your home forever!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2009, 14:25:46 PM »
awww, poor little thing at least you've got her now Shelly and she'll get that care she deserves  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 14:19:18 PM »
Poor little girl  :( - well done for looking after her - she looks like a chinchilla to me ..
Lots of gentle  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:  to her and hope she has lots of happy years left with you .
I always say people that do these things should have their hands chopped off -they couldn''t be cruel then !

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2009, 13:34:51 PM »
Bless you  :hug: im so glad she has a permanent home now with you and OH, i would take all the oldies if i could, theres just something avout them that pulls at the heartstrings :Luv:

• Senior Cat
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2009, 13:09:45 PM »
Poor old girl, she is beautiful :Luv: she has that scowl on her face that my old lad George has :evillaugh: which only makes them more appealing, i do hope you can sort her out, will you put her up for adoption or keep her with you :hug:

I will get her right in no time. Hubby and i decided there and then that she would join our family for however many years she has left. She does not deserve to be shunted around at her age.  :hug:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 13:11:47 PM by Purrrrfect (Shelly) »

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 13:04:42 PM »
Poor old girl, she is beautiful :Luv: she has that scowl on her face that my old lad George has :evillaugh: which only makes them more appealing, i do hope you can sort her out, will you put her up for adoption or keep her with you :hug:

• Senior Cat
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 13:01:25 PM »
OMG poor little girl, do you think whoever shaved her did it because of tangles in her coat, she doesnt deserve this at her age , she should be pampered :Luv:

The vets had to shave her because of how badly matted she was. She was taken in to them by a member of the public Suposedly as a stray.  :(

Ive included a picture of her face.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2009, 12:58:13 PM »
OMG poor little girl, she doesnt deserve this at her age , she should be pampered :Luv:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 12:59:02 PM by bonnielass »

• Senior Cat
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
Poor little Persian
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 12:54:09 PM »
We had a call yesterday morning from a local vets to ask us if we would take in a stray elderly Persian female. She has been shaved and has an infection in her eyes wich she is on medication for, and may have kidney trouble that may require medication monthly. She looks very sore and thin but loves food. We told the vets we would take her and keep her.

I don't know what type of persian she is because i am just learning myself being a fairly new persian owner. Here is a pic of her. Hubby has named her Lady (Lady gadiver) bless.

I have to admit i had to choke back tears when i saw her. The poor thing has been through a lot and is estimated to be in her late teens.

Link to CatChat