Author Topic: Squamous Cell Cancer.......... RIP Mr Darcy  (Read 22666 times)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Re: Squamous Cell Cancer
« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2009, 21:06:08 PM »
I am so sorry to hear Mr Darcy is going downhill - we are sending mega healing vibes from us here in Lincoln and hope he picks up .
Bungly''s tummy is looking a bit big too , will see what the vet says next week as she may need her tummy fluid draining again .
This is such a terrible thing for our babies to suffer from.
Lots of  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:  to you all .

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2009, 21:04:40 PM »
That is very sad and sending lots of gentle strokes to Mr Darcy  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline cats_whiskas

• Adult Cat
  • Harry, Cheese and Nancy. RIP Mr Darcy x
    • Happy Hoppers Rabbit Forum
Re: Squamous Cell Cancer u/d v.ill.
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2009, 21:03:16 PM »
Mr Darcy is going downhill rapidly. Things are very bad this evening. Please send me all your vibes for my beautiful boy. I am in pieces. I cannot believe that I am going to have to decide something I never wanted to think about very soon.

Offline cats_whiskas

• Adult Cat
« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2009, 07:43:57 AM »
Love to all the poorly kitties out there x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2009, 13:02:19 PM »
Well the dancing for treats sounds like he may be feeling a bit better in himself! I also believe in give them a little bit (within reason) of what they fancy....my I would get depressed if I suddenly could not have what I love!  ;)

Bless you all who are having to go through this, their actions can be so conflicting to the illness sometimes, but the main thing here is that they are still doing their quirky things and that means that in their minds they dont feel ill at all!  :Luv: :hug: :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2009, 12:50:13 PM »
He was dancing for treats last night bless him. I love him so much  :(

I think this is the hardest part about knowing they are ill, when they are playful and demanding food, they seem so well  :hug: :hug:

Max was like this yesterday with some fish, I know he's not really supposed to have it with his kidneys, but it was just a tiny bit, he was standing on the back of the sofa really shouting as he knew what was in my hand  :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline cats_whiskas

• Adult Cat
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2009, 12:45:15 PM »
He was dancing for treats last night bless him. I love him so much  :(

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2009, 23:42:33 PM »
They have prescribed 5mg of Prednisolone?

Yep that is what Issey has xx

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2009, 19:31:42 PM »
Steroids work quite quickly and have an anti inflammatory action, they also often increase appetite so expect him to start hassling for more portions!
A friends cat got an extra 6 months quality time with steroids and another had 3 years  :wow:

Take each day as it comes, you will know when things are affecting him because he will start to act differently   :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2009, 17:09:25 PM »
Thats the same as Bungly is onand she seems fine at the moment except she hates taking them !

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2009, 14:49:31 PM »
Sometimes when they are feeling odd they like to be out of harms way....ie under a bed etc so maybe its just that!  ;)

Reading through the latest posts it seems like the steroids slow the cancer down so they should (fingers crossed) give him some good quality time!  :hug:

Hoping they show some improvement soon for your boy!  :wish:

Offline cats_whiskas

• Adult Cat
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2009, 12:26:53 PM »
Mabel was on the same dose for her cancer.

Did they do her any good? I really don't know what to expect? I have put a cushion out in the porch now for him, where he likes to lie. I wish he would come inside and be in the warm. Argh. I am going to find a suitable cardboard box for him to have in there. why do they do this?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2009, 07:28:54 AM »
Mabel was on the same dose for her cancer.
Please spay your cat

Offline cats_whiskas

• Adult Cat
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2009, 07:14:49 AM »
They have prescribed 5mg of Prednisolone?

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2009, 00:08:36 AM »
Issey is on 5mg once a day....it slows down the cancer.

she is doing fine on that dose

xxx

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2009, 22:29:08 PM »
I have Smartie on 1mg steroids for his Asthma , down to 1/2 around Sept and off it all being well by November - he has had this on and off for a few years now .
Bungly is on 5mg per day for her cancer and 1/2 duiretic (sp) but she has nothing else wrong with her at all -she did have a tumour in her ear before i had her and had just recovered when i took her in ( she had her ear off , tumour removed and ear sewn back on again !!)
She seems to be doing okay on them .

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2009, 20:52:56 PM »
:grouphug:

He has now been given steroids. Does anyone have any experience of these?

My childhood cat Tiggy was on steroids for the last 18 months of her life, they really were a God send for her - without them I think I would have had to make the decision to let her go much sooner.  She had CRF and unbeknown to me until very late on a tumour in her intestine.  She was going to the vets every month for her steroid jab which was helping with the CRF so it obviously kept the tumour at bay which was why the vets didn't become aware of it until very late on.

Is he having steroid tablets or a jab?

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2009, 20:43:43 PM »
Aw sweetie, if he's not in any pain, and he's happy, then that must be a good thing  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2009, 20:41:46 PM »
For one rest assured that if your vet has said he isnt in any pain then that is a good thing!  :hug:

Dont really know too much about the steroids, could'nt put my hand on my heart and say 100% so I wont, but I do know they can help in different ways....with eating for instance, Im sure someone more informed will let you know!  :hug:

Offline cats_whiskas

• Adult Cat
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2009, 18:44:11 PM »
Hi guys, Mr Darcy has been back to the vets again today. He has a swollen and almost hairless left ear now. The lymphatic fluid can't drain properly and is now filling his face and ear and there is nothing we can do about it. If he had a diuretic, this would cause dehydration which would cause implications for his organs. He has had his stitches out from the lump removal and the biopsy. He was so sweet in the vets. He purred loads too, whcih is a self soothing thing i know. But he was so sweet.

He has now been given steroids. Does anyone have any experience of these? He is still wanting to sleep on the outdoor porch on his own. However whilst he is still eating there is nothin gto get to stressed about. The vet said that at present he is in no pain.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2009, 16:48:43 PM »
so sorry to hear about your Mr Darcy - oh and I lost our first to kidney cancer four years ago, he was diagnosed and pts on the same day so we never had the waiting game you are playing - as you have found there are lots of people here who know how you feel  :hug:

Offline woodlandcats

• Hero Cat
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2009, 08:21:21 AM »
O Charlotte, how sad to meet you here for this reason.
At least you are with a lot of cat lovers that understand your pain. You will get loving support and a lot of advice.
When I sent you the PM at HH, I hadn't read the sad prognosis yet.
I lost my favourite piggie last year of Lymphoma and cried my eyes out. He was not 3 yet.
Cannot say more than enjoy every day Darcy has left.
 :hug:
christina (aka Lopz)
Every life should have 9 cats

Offline cats_whiskas

• Adult Cat
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2009, 07:57:48 AM »
Hugs for all our poorly kitties. I am, so glad I found this place. I just wish I hadn't decided to post for the first time, in such circumstances. But I can't tell you what a comfort I have found you all. I am thinking of you and your babies too. Mr darcy is sat here with me, having a wash. How will I stand to sit by and watch my baby die?

You will make his time special, make every day wonderful for him.
You are going to spend quality time with him, take lots of pictures and give loads of love

And when the time comes You will be with him.....and We will be here for You  :hug:

Thankyou so so much for those wondeful words  :hug:  :(

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2009, 20:53:59 PM »
Hugs for all our poorly kitties. I am, so glad I found this place. I just wish I hadn't decided to post for the first time, in such circumstances. But I can't tell you what a comfort I have found you all. I am thinking of you and your babies too. Mr darcy is sat here with me, having a wash. How will I stand to sit by and watch my baby die?

You will make his time special, make every day wonderful for him.
You are going to spend quality time with him, take lots of pictures and give loads of love

And when the time comes You will be with him.....and We will be here for You  :hug:

Offline cats_whiskas

• Adult Cat
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2009, 20:44:04 PM »

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2009, 19:14:19 PM »
I know , its so hard to believe there are so many seriously ill cats we have between us on here .

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2009, 19:07:52 PM »
Also me and Bungly  :'(

Havent forgotten You and Bungly .... :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2009, 19:01:19 PM »

Of course hunnie, there's such a lot of us having problems at the moment, its heartbreaking  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2009, 18:53:11 PM »
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 18:53:31 PM by bunglycat »

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2009, 18:26:55 PM »
Thankyou so much for understanding. He is sat right  next to me on the desk now. He is definately not himself today. I don't know if I am just noticing more, because we have a diagnosis. I am so relieved I am not the only one going through this. Mr Darcy is somewhat of a celebrity in my life. I have had so many replies on my Facebook, from people, long distant friends, who all remember him and have described him as a "legend". He is such a character. Such a wonderful, regal boy. I am just a broken woman. I really am. How are we to cope with this?

I deff think we watch them more once we know they are ill  :hug:

I dunno how we are going to cope, just typing those words has made Me cry (doesnt take alot atm)
thing is we have no option though...theres no turning back on this  :censored: death sentence our cats have been delt !

I would do anything to make Issey live, like You I am a broken women  :'(

That makes 3 of us then  :'(  The support on Purrs in going to prove invaluable over the months to come for a few of us I think  :hug:

Oh Clare  :hug:

I'd rather none of us were going through it but yes at least we have each other.....No one else really understands what we are and are going to go through

Offline clarenmax

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2009, 18:16:25 PM »
Thankyou so much for understanding. He is sat right  next to me on the desk now. He is definately not himself today. I don't know if I am just noticing more, because we have a diagnosis. I am so relieved I am not the only one going through this. Mr Darcy is somewhat of a celebrity in my life. I have had so many replies on my Facebook, from people, long distant friends, who all remember him and have described him as a "legend". He is such a character. Such a wonderful, regal boy. I am just a broken woman. I really am. How are we to cope with this?

I dunno how we are going to cope, just typing those words has made Me cry (doesnt take alot atm)
thing is we have no option though...theres no turning back on this  :censored: death sentence our cats have been delt !

That makes 3 of us then  :'(  The support on Purrs in going to prove invaluable over the months to come for a few of us I think  :hug:

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2009, 15:31:01 PM »

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2009, 13:24:51 PM »
What a handsome man Mr Darcy is!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2009, 12:05:13 PM »
He is definately not himself today. I don't know if I am just noticing more, because we have a diagnosis.

Thats very likely and of course, completely understandable, I was like that when Sam was diagnosed with heart failure (nearly a year ago now) and I kept watching him all the time expecting something to happen just because of the diagnosis! I hope you have lots more time with Mr Darcy, he looks lovely  :Luv2:  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2009, 11:57:27 AM »
Mr Darcy is just so handsome and I am so sory to hear about his illness  :hug: :hug:

Cats are marvelous and sometimes defy all expectations and I definately would not medicate him if this upsets him cos stress will not help and part of his quality of life is to be contented for the rest of his life.

Love him every day for as long as you can  :hug: :hug:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2009, 03:16:13 AM »
I am so sorry.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2009, 02:02:40 AM »
 :hug:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline cats_whiskas

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2009, 23:54:18 PM »
That pic was taken a few years ago. Yeah the biopsies have shown that it is cancer.  :(

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2009, 21:27:15 PM »
Dont want to sound rude here but is the vet 100% sure its cancer? I was told by 4 different vets that my cat had cancer and there was nothing that could be done, even asked if I wanted him pts while he was out on the GA. I said no I wanted to wait for the biopsy results, a week later they came back an it wasnt cancer at all- just trying to say that the vets can and are wrong sometimes  :Crazy:

Mr Darcy looks a lovely boy, and very healthy in that pic  :Luv2:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2009, 21:24:54 PM »
So sorry to hear about your beautiful Mr Darcy, he's a lovely boy  :Luv2: I have lost a few cats to brain tumours one a couple of months back my darling Schui  :Luv: and he was like Pav's Boy at the end.  Sorry I can't help  :hug:  but do treasure the precious time together  :hug:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 21:26:54 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Link to CatChat