Author Topic: Trying to get over the fence.  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
Re: Trying to get over the fence.
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 13:28:21 PM »
Thanks everyone, the screens aren't up yet as Hubby has hurt his back :tired:

But the squirting with water seems to be working quite well at the moment and neither Jess or Milo have gone towards the back of the garden. I've also started taking out their toys so Milo has something to do. Jess is quite happy just chilling out in the garden but Milo gets bored. He climbs a tree in the garden now which we don't mind and our neighbours make a fuss of him but we don't want him going over the back at they have 2 dogs as well. Think we're going to have to keep a close eye on them when their outside, we've been a bit lax lately just letting them go around the garden whilst we're in and out.

Saying that they are both laid in the kitchen looking out at the moment they don't seem fussed about going out, wonder whether we're due a storm.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 13:29:14 PM by Leanne »

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 10:06:19 AM »
There are always those cats who see any atttempt to keep them in a garden as a challenge.  Any fence, tree or wall just has to be climbed .... :tired:

Ive no solutions, but I do offer a  :hug: and a Good Luck!!  :)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:06:35 AM by Wibblechick »
People Power Works!!!

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 22:38:14 PM »
just bear in mind that Tosker managed to climb a 6ft fence and get around and over an 18" overhang - it should have been impossible, but he's done it three times now :'( 
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 22:31:27 PM »
Milo's a little *ugger :naughty: :evillaugh: :rofl: :Luv2:

I can't wait to get my garden cat proofed so I can stop worrying about Bonnie leaping over finces.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
Trying to get over the fence.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 22:17:38 PM »
Today Milo managed to scramble up on to the 6ft fence at the back of the garden, his never done this before, he walked along then we realised and grabbed him :-:

Then we headed off to the garden centre and brought fern screens to put in front of the fence, its 2m tall so Milo shouldn't be able to get over it.

We've also been squirting him (gently) with a plant spray when he gets near the back fence, he is learning but equally Milo likes water as well. 

I'll let you know what happens, I wish Milo was more like Jess in the garden though, just laying about and watching the birds.

Link to CatChat