Author Topic: Guilt at vet trip!  (Read 1944 times)

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Re: Guilt at vet trip!
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 15:13:29 PM »
Im glad the bloods are ok and that he doesnt need more tests
love
Tab

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 14:19:29 PM »
Tests are in. All bloods are fine - his thyroid ones on on the top of the range so we are going to put him on femilazole and see. (they did offer another T4 blood test at £70 to confirm - and I did remind them about the last time!). Will trot off and get meds when I can get off my fat arse! ...... soooooo hottttttttttttt.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 07:50:16 AM »
Fingers crossed for the test results. I would ask them to use Emla cream first in future, i have had blood taken from some very fiesty cats thanks to that without resorting to gas. It is a local anaesthetic cream.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 07:06:43 AM »
Bless that grumpy old boy  :Luv2:

glad he enjoyed his turkey after though  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 23:47:42 PM »
Afraid Franta has to have some gas too for bloods as he is very quick with his claws  ;D

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 20:44:30 PM »
Aaaah bless, my old boy Sooty (RIP) was much the same.  His vet notes said that he is "a bit naughty"  :evillaugh:  Gotta love curmudgeonly old puss'  :Luv2:

Hope everything is ok xxx

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 16:53:04 PM »
sometimes I think we, and our cats, were better off in the old days, before we knew about all the tests and medications and special diet foods now available

I wonder if life expectancy for cats has increased much in the last twenty years? - I would imagine it has, but probably not as much proportionally as the average vet's income
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 16:42:22 PM »
Aww Angie I shouldn't laugh but they vision of your old boy growling in his slumber made me giggle. My Henry was a stereotypical old man, he had so much character but boy was he a grump- heaven help you if you were late with his dinner he would be grumbling about it for hours afterwards.

Hope the bloods come back OK.

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 16:29:14 PM »
I love pensioner-puss power  :evillaugh:

Lucky,who lived until he was nearly 19 would go out into the garden if he heard our other cat, Gizmo, in trouble.  I could just imagine him tottering down the garden saying "Hang on, Old Boy, reinforcements are on thier way .... now where did I put my spectacles - did I tell you about that fight I had in 1985 when i saw off a ginger Tom and a tabby on the same evening ?" :evillaugh:

Feisty old cats are  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

People Power Works!!!

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Guilt at vet trip!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 15:53:05 PM »
I dunno - you can't win either way.

My old boy, puss has been loosing weight now for a while and  was letting it go at old age and just letting it happen.

The last few days, I worked myself into a vet visit to get him checked over (after my £30 vet visit for the ears last week when i was told to keep an eye on it! >:()

Anyway, decided to ask for bloods as he's 16 now, and they took him round the back.

10 mins later, getting a bit worried (he was the cat Vets Now attempted to take bloods from but gave up as he was 'fractious').
A few minutes later, a nurse sidles up to me and asked if he can have some gas.

another 15 mins later and a comatose puss is returned to me, growling in his slumber. by the time i got him home on his feet but wobbily.

Results in Thursday.

I'm quite proud he's still got spirit in him when he needs it!

Then of course the guilt trip of putting him (well me mostly) through such an ordeal , followed by the trip to tesco to get a joint of turkey breast which now cooked and eaten has made everyone a bit happier.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't..........not to mention another £100 down.

Link to CatChat