Author Topic: Lots of sneezing but no other sign of flu..  (Read 1250 times)

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
Re: Lots of sneezing but no other sign of flu..
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 22:47:04 PM »
My Max once got a grass seed stuck up his nose and the vet took it out with tweezers = end of sneezing and frantic nose rubbing. I hope it's something so simple. It could be an allergy as the pollen counts are very high right now.
Hope the Applaws has gone down the hatch too.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 16:31:46 PM »
With this time of the year grass seeds are the most likely cause, especially if you say he's pawing at it. Grass seeds are such a pain.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 16:26:04 PM »
I would probably just see how he is and if he's still sneezing tomorrow let the vet take a look, hope it stops though poor kitty
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 15:02:21 PM »
Thanks for helping put my mind at ease :D I always like to double check when I see something I haven't seen before and poor Garfy is feeling so sorry for himself as he can't get a proper night sleep as he wakes up everytime he sneezes. Although our zooplus order arrived today which usually has some applaws in it so he may just be hamming hoping I feel sorry for him and put out a tin, I wouldn't put it past him Garf is the brianiac of the bunch.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 13:19:26 PM »
Amber had this, the day of the cat show at birmingham that I was supposed to meet the purrs peeps at - anyway I got her into the vet and they seemed to think but couldn't tell without putting her under that she might have a bit of grass or seed in her nose which would eventually break down and go - they were right, I never found out what it was but she stopped sneezing a few days later

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 13:14:09 PM »
could be a bit of dust, pollen or something just up his nose - If he were 1 of mine , I'd probably wait

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
Lots of sneezing but no other sign of flu..
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 13:10:05 PM »
Since yesterday Garfield seems to have a really bad case of sneezing. He has bouts that last about 10-15 mins at a time, my first thought was that he had the flu. However there doesn't seem to be anything else wrong with him at all. His eyes are still lovely and bright, and they aren't red or runny in the slightest. His nose isn't runny and can't see any "snot". It doesn't seem blocked either because he can still smell pretty good (he knew I was cooking chicken last night, came racing into the kitchen from another room) and hasn't lost any of his appetite. The 3 other cat all seem fine. I don't think it's allergies as I haven't brought any new products into the house lately.

It does seems to be annoying him though as he keeps pawing at it when it gets bad and he keeps getting woken up with his sneezes which seems to the most annoying part of the sneezing for him.

My OH thinks that I'm overreacting a little, which is possibly true because I am a worrier and doesn't think he needs a vet until something else manifests or he stops eating.

Link to CatChat