Author Topic: Cat's Sympathy  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Cat's Sympathy
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 23:21:06 PM »
 :Luv: that's lovely to hear!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 23:19:36 PM »
Well it's just getting better :Luv2: He now just backs his head away a bit when you approach for a stroke on the bed and he then purrs away. He is the only one who has stayed in bed with me this morning and shows no signs of moving, even though Bond is making a racket in the lounge :shify: I just love his coat, so different to any other I've had the pleasure of stroking, so dense and soft and short :Luv:

Would love to clean his forever grubby nose and feet :evillaugh:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 22:37:42 PM »
It took about 6 months I think to get that far with our Billy Whiz so a huge "well done".  I agree, he realises you needed a little TLC  :Luv2:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 21:44:19 PM »
Awww that's great news!!!  :Luv:

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 21:21:09 PM »
Wonderful news, I always say Charley is the agony uncle in our house. He seems to have a really good sense of when someone needs cuddles or attention-cats or human. When a cat in the basket waiting to go the vet he sits with them so they don't get lonely and when my OH was recovering in bed from a back op he only left his side to eat drink and use his tray. He's a gem of a cat  :Luv:

Hope things continue to go well with the little one.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 18:32:18 PM »
Wonderful, you're doing so well with these babes  :hug:  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline sallyagdm

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Arnie, Gucci and Dandy
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 11:14:55 AM »
That is great progress

Cats always seem to know when you need some TLC and  will always help you to feel better

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 10:02:24 AM »
 :catlove2: :catlove2: :catlove2: :catlove2: :ahh: :ahh:

So pleased for you.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Cat's Sympathy
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 09:30:31 AM »
Yes, I know they don't always give us it but I think the little man was feeling sorry for me today because....................wait for it.........................HE LET ME STROKE HIM!!!!!!! :yayyy:

Happened much the same way as it did with Bond. Bed has become our safe place, the place where he is now comfortable enough to be near me. This morning I sat up for my usual mornig snuggle with whoever is still on the bed. It happened to be Bond and the little man. So Bond got his stroke and the little man flinched and moved away but didn't flee. So I risked reaching over for a head stroke and he let me! He even gave me a purr with gusto.

Then when I came home from work this afternoon him and Bond were spooning on the bed :Luv2: So I sat on the bed and the little man did again flinch and move slightly but stayed put and after I gave Bond a stroke the little man again let me stroke him.

So that cheered me slightly today as it is a big step for us :shy:

Link to CatChat