Author Topic: WOW Cat's Best OKO Plus.  (Read 4990 times)

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
Re: WOW Cat's Best OKO Plus.
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2009, 19:29:59 PM »
Most cats seem to like OKO. Give it a try - maybe fill one tray with OKO and keep one tray with their usual litter. That way they can get used to OKO and have a choice which tray they prefer using. I'm sure it won't be long until they are OKO converts. 

That's the problem - no 2nd tray.  I think I will get some next time round though and mix it in gradually. 

I think it will be fine anyway. Capone was used to wood pellet litter but I didn't gradually change it. I just filled the tray up with OKO and he had no say in it! Most cats seem to prefer it, it's very fresh, easy to dig and soft on the paws.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2009, 17:23:30 PM »
I think we can safely say it tracks well!

The tray will be moving onto a hard floor very shortly but I think we're going to cut a piece of carpet to go under the tray to see if that helps contain it any.

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26287.0.html

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 16:29:40 PM »
I can't believe I've just found a piece of OKO in my tights!  I thought an insect was biting my leg!!

:evil larf 2: :evil larf 2:

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 16:08:11 PM »
I can't believe I've just found a piece of OKO in my tights!  I thought an insect was biting my leg!!

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 15:10:55 PM »
Most cats seem to like OKO. Give it a try - maybe fill one tray with OKO and keep one tray with their usual litter. That way they can get used to OKO and have a choice which tray they prefer using. I'm sure it won't be long until they are OKO converts. 

That's the problem - no 2nd tray.  I think I will get some next time round though and mix it in gradually. 

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2009, 19:56:32 PM »

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 13:49:43 PM »
sorry - posted my own thread about this before noticing this one.  My excuse is I've not been around much lately and am short on time.  I think I would need more than one bag to initially fill the tray.  I use a large tray  ;D  I've gone off clean and tidy as odours are bad.  not the wees, but it takes ages for poo smell to disapper.  golden grey was much better for odours.  think I will try the cats best though.  just hesitant about filling the tray with it and them not liking it.  I think jaffa will be ok as he tends to use anything (he will use the pellets the cattery use if they forget to change it to a finer grained litter as I request).  not srue about mosi though as he has only ever used the fne grained stuff since he's been with me.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2009, 15:44:03 PM »
With a clumping litter do you just scoop the poops and wee's and just leave the rest? How often do you do a complete change? Or do you save the unused litter and put it back in after washing the trays?
Ive only ever tried a fullers earth clumping and it set solid and was horrible  :evillaugh:
I currently use the wood based but have the problem that Amber only likes certain types and they keep chaning whats in the bag  >:(
Thanks
love
Tab

Depending on the tray, I do a complete change every 3 weeks or so either when it gets really low are starts looking iffy. It mainly stays clean but occasionally a clump can break up if you have a digger. It doesn't pool as much as clumping clay litter but if it does, I cover the pool with litter and it clumps in a minute or 2  :)

It is better than sliced bread!  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2009, 15:37:29 PM »
I fill the trays really deep and then scoop out as and when. Don't bother topping it up because I like to do a proper change and clean-out every 2-3 weeks (wiping out trays with anti bacterial cleaning stuff).

Tracking doesn't bother me because the trays are outside on the decking, so a quick sweep with a broom is enough. Although when I kept the tray indoors I put a couple of small Ikea bathroom mats down around the tray and then just lifted them off to hoover underneath/around the tray.

OKO is the best litter. Even the cat that lives here (who was used to Catsan) started using Capone's litter tray so in the end we filled them both up with OKO because the Catsan tray was left unused.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2009, 10:28:08 AM »
I do a full change every two weeks but lots of people go longer - it clumps well so you are only picking out dirty litter

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2009, 10:13:18 AM »
With a clumping litter do you just scoop the poops and wee's and just leave the rest? How often do you do a complete change? Or do you save the unused litter and put it back in after washing the trays?
Ive only ever tried a fullers earth clumping and it set solid and was horrible  :evillaugh:
I currently use the wood based but have the problem that Amber only likes certain types and they keep chaning whats in the bag  >:(
Thanks
love
Tab

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2009, 08:57:59 AM »
got covered trays and rubber mats unfortunately!  I think my lot keep in their pockets and scatter it!

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2009, 08:56:51 AM »
I'm on a campaign to get it here! The litter selection and quality here is dire at best :tired: So I emailed the makers of Cat's Best. Apparently they are in negotiations with someone over here. So I emailed him. He said it won't be here till the end of the year but will tell me when and where I can get it ;D

I'm obsessed with the stuff. Lasts forever, never seems to smell and is biodegradeable. Can't wait till I can use it again.

Oh and as for tracking, I had a rubber litter mat, there's a thread somewhere about those too and that helped a lot, as does a covered tray for the more enthusiastic diggers :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2009, 08:30:01 AM »
my main problem is they favour one of the trays so it is getting traffic from all four its on parquet so cleans up easily but I have to do it about 5 times a day because it is in the hall and gets trodden all over the house otherwise - its good stuff though

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 08:27:48 AM »
i have a little dustpan and brush on top of my covered tray, it picks it up from the carpet fine
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2009, 08:26:52 AM »
It's not too bad where I have wood floors as I use a soft broom between vacuuming. There is a tray in the bedroom for Willow and I use the electric carpet sweeper there.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 08:10:44 AM »
I'm using this at the moment and agree it is very, very good but the tracking is driving me crazy

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 08:06:21 AM »
I dont find the trackign too bad on this, it is nowhere near as bad as the Clean and Tidy. Do people find it really lasts as long as it says? My bag says 5 weeks for 2 cats, I have to say I don't have to top up a lot. I started with just my normal amount of litter rather than a full bag in case they refused to use it, but it doesn't seem to need topping up as much as some litters.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 08:04:28 AM »
I can't believe how long I used catsan for before changing over. Especially in the summer, you could smell the wee after a couple of days. I really think with Cats Best, it pays to be generous and fill the tray really deep so proper clumps form. Apparently, you can compost it - I tried flushing it but found it blocked the toilet so I bin it now. In the winter, it goes on the wood burner.

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 22:37:55 PM »
Samson is definately a digger.  As this is sofer than the Bob Martin I'm also noticing that we can't hear him digging as much now.  Not complaining though as that did sometimes get on my nerves if he was digging alot before deciding which corner was best to 'go' in.

Offline Honeysuckle

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2009, 22:29:18 PM »
I tried four different litters before I found OKO Best.  Poor wee Lyra, had a couple of accidents when I first got her at 6 weeks - not because she was not litter trained but because she really didn't like the pine scented ones that I had got her.  I love the way OKO clumps and you can just lift it out - last ages.  She's not a digger so I haven't had any problems with mess - maybe just a few crumbs as she leaves the tray. 

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2009, 21:15:06 PM »
I love how it clumps wees too. Samson's tray is heavily used at the moment as he can't go outside yet and I really wasn't digging the wee smell of the absorbing one.

Before he uses the tray, he goes to the catflap and tries his luck so I don't think he'll use it so much once he's allowed out.

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2009, 21:13:35 PM »
Also what I tend to do :)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2009, 21:10:30 PM »
I just bought another 6 bags - even with 5 trays it will last around 2 months. Do other people start with almost a full bag in a tray (large covered ones) and gradually let it dwindle? - I sometimes top it up a bit but find it's easier to let it dwindle then do a complete change.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 21:15:00 PM by Mark »

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 20:57:54 PM »
I love it too - but,  the tracking......  :tired:

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 20:52:40 PM »
Yeah but I can't smell it from the next room!!!!  :cheer:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 20:52:09 PM »
I like cats best but not all the cats do or i would go 100% for it, every litter iv ever trialled has tracked so i have accepted my sweeping destiny  :tired:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 20:22:28 PM »
I love it too - but,  the tracking......  :tired:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 20:15:36 PM »
 :evillaugh: another convert! :yayyy:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 20:14:50 PM »
Welcome to the OKO club  :naughty: It does last aaaages, clump well and control odours but boy does it track  :evillaugh:

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
WOW Cat's Best OKO Plus.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 19:59:33 PM »
WOW..... after initially using Bob Martins Ultimate Odour Control we switched to OKO today (as Jolleys is closer then ASDA) and all I can say is WOW!  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 19:59:55 PM by LadyJane »

Link to CatChat