Author Topic: Sam's not very well  (Read 5104 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Sam's not very well
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 19:11:25 PM »
It could be just a tummy upset, and I hope it is  :hug:  The weather is funny and several humans I know have had tummy bugs.  Keep us posted.

I agree - all the cats have been a bit funny over the last few days. Kylie with her temperature, Alice has just thrown up which is really unusual for her thesedays and Willow is doing nothing but sleeping.  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 19:10:49 PM »
Fingers crossed for Sam  :hug:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 18:49:38 PM »
Oh bless him,  I hope he is OK,  more than likely a tummy upset  :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 18:47:25 PM »
It could be just a tummy upset, and I hope it is  :hug:  The weather is funny and several humans I know have had tummy bugs.  Keep us posted.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Sam's not very well
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 18:43:59 PM »
Monday he was fine, eating ok, got up Tues morning and he looked very sorry for himself and didnt want any breakfast. I wasnt overly worried (well, yes I was really!), but he has these episodes from time to time (to do with his heart and kidney problems) - and generally he picks up the next day and alls well again. True to form Wed he was much better, waiting with the others for food in the morning, seemed fine in himself, ate his tea ok and biscuits at bedtime. Well through the night he'd obviously had the runs a bit, but he still ate breakfast this morning and seemed ok, but during the day he had the runs again, and when I got back home just now he'd been sick (I know it was him from where I left him sleeping when I went out), and he was upstairs on the bed, looking sorry for himself again.

Anyway, I've got an appointment at the vets for the morning - unfortunately its a locum, my vet is away for a couple of days, not back till Mon, so can't really wait till then, I just like to see my vet really, she knows him and everything. I wonder if this is anything to do with his heart condition or his kidneys have worsened, or if its just a tummy upset?

He's just been sick again, its just frothy white bile, poor boy, worried about him  :(

Link to CatChat