Author Topic: Guest Cat  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Guest Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 09:04:53 AM »
then shooing it away may be the best move.

If I knew a cat was being cared for I still would never ever shoo it away, I would place it gently in my arms and take it home, (I know only for it to return perhaps before me)
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 08:38:24 AM »
What kind of condition is this cat in? Does it look well-fed? If so, it's probably on the scrounge. On the other hand, if it seems thin and neglected, it may need the food you are giving it. It may be best to have a word with your neighbour. Maybe it's coming to you when your neighbours are out. Do they shut it outside?
Some cats are experts at the 'I haven't been fed for a month' look. Mine used to do it with one of my neighbours. When they were home, they worried me by not eating. When I realised what was happening, a chat with my neighbour sorted the problem out.
A friendly chat would be recommended. If the cat is being well-fed and well cared for; then shooing it away may be the best move.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 20:25:37 PM »
Do you know if your neighbour is feeding the cat, if they are in reality you are not doing it any favours feeding it. I would have a word with them, you never know it may be on a special diet.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 19:49:02 PM »
Usually it is best that they dont come in, isnt he being fed at home or cant he get back in there?

Its a risk if he comes in cos of how your cats will feel having their territory invaded and also whther he is neutered and vaccinated.

I have the ginger from up the road coming in and my cats hate her, yes it is a her, but unless I shut the flap and then Sasa will hate me even more, I cant stop her.

She is after their food.

Offline Steveb

• Kitten
Guest Cat
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 19:29:32 PM »
Hi Guys

I have two cats and i just need some advice, my neighbours cat wants to come into our flat to be fed often. My girlfriend and i havent got a problem with this as he is a lovely cat but i'm just wondering if it would affect my two. Any advice would be great.

Link to CatChat