Author Topic: Semi-feral / lost cat coming into my kitchen  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Semi-feral / lost cat coming into my kitchen
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 18:27:49 PM »
If he's approachable ty the paper collar thing . A strip of newspaper with your phone nmuber and a 'is this your cat. please call XXX' on it. use cellotape to stick the 2 ends together.
Leave it on , or put another one on if its lost , for about 3 days.
Call your local petsearcher if you have one.
put a found ad in the local newspaper - they are often free and maybe a note in your local shops.

If none of that works, then you have time to befriend him and a trip to the vet may not be as stressful. Check with your local cat rescues, quite a few of us have access to scanners and may offer to pop out if you have the cat confined.

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
Re: Semi-feral / lost cat coming into my kitchen
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 18:20:46 PM »
If it were me then id catch him next time u fed him and pop him along to a vet to c if he is chipped .
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline lizfraser

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Arthur and Dottie Dillon (Feb 1998 - 18/12/12 RIP),Tom (RIP 12/11/12), Digby (Feb 1998-17/11/10 RIP)
Semi-feral / lost cat coming into my kitchen
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 16:47:23 PM »
Just after some advice really - for the last 3 or 4 weeks (actually since Dillon has been confined to a cage following his operations) a black cat has been coming into my kitchen a couple of times a day to finish off whatever food Digby has left.  He's obviously very hungry, and will even carry on feeding when I walk in there.  I say "He", but not sure whether it's male or female - tail always down.  It has a damp smell to it, but not strong like an un-neutered Tom, just a "living rough" type smell.  Having said that, it does not look in bad condition.  It let me touch the top of it's head very briefly the other day.

Have left message at Local CP, but have not had response yet. 

Should I try & capture cat & get it to vet to see if it chipped, or should I try & befriend it for a while longer so as not to stress it as much before I attempt to catch it?  I am happy to carry on feeding it in the meantime.

Any ideas?

Link to CatChat