Author Topic: Kitten or young cat wanted  (Read 2163 times)

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
Re: Kitten or young cat wanted
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 16:05:50 PM »
RSPCA is very fussy.  They made us feel we were not good enough cause we wanted indoor cats and work.  I think it would be hard to find 2 cats better looked after or loved than ours, if I do say so myself.
Marie, Maisy and Tommy xxx

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 15:51:15 PM »
Jon i think the general opinion is if you work full time and going to be out of the house for long periods then it may be best to have a pair to keep each other company, perhaps more so if they are younger and have more energy to burn off, but from what you say there isnt a long period of time where there isnt at least one of you in the house so im sure 1 would be fine provided you have lots of toys and an activiity centre etc

good luck on your searching.

Offline Jon_T

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 14:40:01 PM »
Thanks for the links and info guys :)

I have though about the RSPCA etc in Derby, although last time i spoke to them they more or less tried to put me off because I work!! Which I thought was pretty bad. I don't work long hours, and I have a cat loving house mate too, he's a student and is home a lot.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 14:37:51 PM »
http://www.catchat.org/adoption/derbys.html

try this liknk Jon T and welbcome to Purrs

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 14:37:27 PM »
Have you contacted the Cats Protection HQ shelter, which is not far from Markeaton Park  01332 824950 or the Derby CP Branch 01332 206956 OR  01332 551396
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Jon_T

• Kitten
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 14:33:59 PM »
I forgot to mention, I am in the Derby area, but willing to travel a little.

Offline Jon_T

• Kitten
Kitten or young cat wanted
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 14:33:06 PM »
Hi,

I haven't posted on here before, although I have passed by, hope I'm not intruding :)

I'm in the situation where I am currently without a cat. My last one died of old age about 6 months ago. I didn't think I'd get over it and want another, but I have (thank god).

So, I am trying to find either a kitten, or a very young cat, where would be the best place to look? None of my local newspaper have any in, and I'd rather have a non pedigree to be honest.

Any ideas would be very much appreciated.

Link to CatChat