Author Topic: Bertie needs a new home urgently REHOMED  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
Great news.  Boss cat of stables - top job  :naughty: :evillaugh:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Bless him!  I do hope things turn out well xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Well he went yesterday to another fosterer for an overnight stay before going out to his new premisies at some stage today. He protested in the cat and shouted (very loudly) all the way, he stank the car out due to his stress and then promptly sat in it!

You could spot the difference in my cats by yesterday evening and they are already more chilled out and not having to skulk across the garden like commandos on a mission for fear of being attacked.

I cleaned out his pen this morning and I must admit that although he was a pain in the butt I am missing him, but of course I will not tell him that. :)

He will be a lot better off where he is.

Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Brilliant, am really pleased for him

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Excellent news!! :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
That's just great, hope Bertie is very happy in his new home  ;D

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Good news! Bertie will be gainfully employed from this week as resident site manager at some stables, set in 3.5 acres. He will be able to mouse to his little hearts content and not have to worry about coming across one of those horrible furry feline 'fingys ever again!

Lord of all he surveys.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Must be really stressful for you all, hope he finds a new home soon  :hug:

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Hi Helen, he is on top cat. His position now with me is untenable and after the injuries my own lad received yesterday it is now urgent that he has a new home asap as he is clearly stressed by other cats.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
He's gorgeous  :Luv2: Really hope he finds his forever home soon.  Does the rescue have a Cat Chat page - could he be put up as a top cat on Cat chat?

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
If the right home comes along the adoption fee for this lad will be waived.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 :Luv: He is gorgeous lots of luck xx

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Forgot to say he is fine with dogs, rabbits and chickens!

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Bertie needs a new home urgently REHOMED
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 18:23:34 PM »
Bertie is currently being fostered in Swadlincote, South Derbyshire by me for Nuneaton Cats in Need.

He is a very people friendly, loves his fuss and sleeping on the end of the bed kind of guy. His only pitfall is that he hates other cats with a vengeance, especially males. He will go out on a seek and destroy mission to find them , so hence needs a low cat populated area. Ideally a nice cottage in the country, a small holding or stables where he can mouse to his hearts content, but still have access to cuddles and a warm fire and bed.

I have tried him in the house and he sought out my Alpha male and petrified the others. We kept him upstairs with his own access in and out of the bathroom window and out onto the flat roof and then into the garden via the garage roof. He still would attack my own cats quite badly when he saw them in the garden, especially my own "Top cat".

As I now have a nursing queen in upstairs and due to his temperment and stress around other cats, he is now living in a run outside. I still allowed him free access to and from the run but over the wekend he had to be retrieved form a neighbours driveway as he had their cat pinned against a fence and prior to that he chased one of my lads across the road. When my lad came home that night he had a nasty injury to the side of his head that we know has been sustained by a rusk with Bertie. One of my other lads, will only come home every other day as he  is terrified of him and after the incident over the weekend with a neighbours cat and my own, I now have to keep him in the pen during the day and let him have access early evening and overnight when I have to bring my own in to keep them safe. However this does not protect the neighbours cats and I am waiting for the first complaint.  :-[

As we only have a small number of fosters then finding a low populated feline area with a single cat fosterer is going to be difficult, he needs his new home sooner rather than later, due to the stress he is under as well as me and my own cats as well as my other fosters.

He is about 10 years old, healthy and felv and fiv neg. As I said he is adorable with humans, so if you have a spare lap with a nice home on a hill top somewhere with not another cat around he is for you.

For this lad to find his right home, I am prepared to travel a considerable distance to get him relocated if need be. I cannot express how urgent this is now, before he causes another cat serious harm or chases it under a car.  :(

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 19:32:19 PM by JackSpratt »

Link to CatChat