Author Topic: This is awful, it made me cry - but now hopefully a happy ending - Update  (Read 4446 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: This is awful, it made me cry - but now hopefully a happy ending
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 18:41:24 PM »
I thought the owner sounded really caring the way she had worded the ad - how wrong could I be  >:(

Its just takes one heart to get tugged and they have a way of extracting cash  >:(
I wish these people could be stopped  :(

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Am inclined to think that this was a scam to draw interest; young kittens are wobbly on their legs and it does sound as if this little one was just a late developer. I found out enough from the owner last week to know that shes a BSB. Had we offered to pay the £50 she would have got back with some excuse to want double that, I`m afraid that paying these people for kittens only encourages them to breed. If for some reason things go wrong for this little one the owner knows that we will take her.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
Thats terrible, poor little mite i do hope he will be okay, wonder if they tell his new owner about the problem he had :sneaky:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
Both Teresa and myself are gutted  :(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2009, 13:42:32 PM »
I thought the owner sounded really caring the way she had worded the ad - how wrong could I be  >:( Lets hope this poor baby does find a loving home away from this person  :(

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2009, 13:39:59 PM »
Words escape me  :shocked:  Hope the little un really is recovering  :(  Completely agree that you cannot encourage this person by paying her.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2009, 13:19:15 PM »
 :( disgusting
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2009, 13:17:24 PM »
Just to let you know,  (I have also spoken with Teresa),  but we have spoken to the lady with this kitten and apparently it has made a surprise recovery and is now for sale for £50 !!,  unfortunately there is nothing we can do now,  the lady is obvioulsy a back street breeder,  this is the mothers 3rd litter !  I have left her with our numbers in case kitten gets sick again !,  but for now - this is as far as we can go with this,  we cant buy the cat as it will just encourage the breeding.   :(

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2009, 18:07:56 PM »
What a lovely ending to what could have been a tradgedy for this little man, well done to you and Theresa for helping him , :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2009, 10:20:21 AM »
And perhaps some veterinary treatment will be able to help the little one's leg problem  :hug:

Good work, ladies.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2009, 09:40:36 AM »
So pleased to read this little one will have a sae orever home - well done  :Luv2:

I may be able to help with transport
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2009, 07:45:20 AM »
I am really pleased to read this.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2009, 07:02:59 AM »
I'm so pleased this little one is being helped  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2009, 23:18:36 PM »
Good on both of you in helping this little one. It's future would have been bleak without you. Massive pats on the back to you both!
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2009, 20:34:37 PM »
That advert really tugs at the heart strings, poor baby  :( So pleased she is going to be safe and loved for the rest of her life  :Luv2:

Have you struck up enough of a rapport with this lady to try and convince her to spay Mum once the babies are weaned?  I'm sure she'd be eligible for a voucher from the Cats Protection.

so when I spoke with Teresa it was like a dream come true,  she really is a wonderful, wonderful lady xxxx

You're not wrong there Daisy, this little one has just landed herself a gold plated, 5 star forever home thanks to you :)

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
Re: This is awful, it made me cry
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2009, 18:28:44 PM »
I think we will be OK for transport,   I live in Bucks and need to get the kitten to Teresa in Cheshire so I am going to pick the kitten up (in 4 weeks when it is fully weaned) and drive maybe to Birmingham or somewhere halfway and then the wonderful Teresa is going to meet me and then take the kitten.  I couldnt quite believe the advert when I first read it,  I had to re-read it and then I promptly burst into tears at my desk !,   Steve was wonderful and said that if there wasnt another option we would have taken the kitten and coped the best we could with the vet fees but I know in my heart that it would not be right to add to my cats here and not fair on the kitten living with someone who has no experience of dealing with cats with disabilities,  so when I spoke with Teresa it was like a dream come true,  she really is a wonderful, wonderful lady xxxx

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2009, 18:06:30 PM »
Well done both of you, poor lil puss. The world needs more like you, Teresa

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2009, 18:01:58 PM »
Teresa, you're amazing. :) And Daisy, well done for spotting the ad and getting the help necessary; you've more than likely saved the little ones life.  :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2009, 17:43:46 PM »
Well done Daisy and Teresa  :)
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2009, 17:23:33 PM »
So pleased that this is sorted.  Where is the kitten going from/to?  I don't know whether I could help as I'm not allowed to drive at the minute but may be able to persuade a family member if you are stuck  ;) ;)

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2009, 16:36:06 PM »
Brilliant!! I can also help with transport if needed. :hug:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 16:29:14 PM »
Well done you guys

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 15:08:29 PM »
Thanks to Teresa this kitten looks like it will have it's forever home in 4 weeks x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2009, 13:51:12 PM »
daisymac pm sent.

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2009, 13:43:15 PM »
If I can help at all with transport or short term fostering please let me know.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2009, 13:41:31 PM »
Well done ladies  ;D

Im sure if the owner has reassurance that the kitten is going to be taken she will hold on to it  :hug:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2009, 13:36:41 PM »
Will do as soon as I`ve finished bottle feeding little ones in about 10 mins

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2009, 13:32:18 PM »
If someone can pick this kitten up and get to safe place I will take him/her on,we have Minimopsical who is severely disabled so another wont hurt. I can sort some transport out but just havent got time to chase up the add at minute.

Teresa,  if you PM me and give me a number for you I can call you,  I have the direct contact details of the advertiser and live close by,  I could maybe pick the kitten up but I cant really take it home (we live on a farm with 10 other cats) I can maybe arrange to meet you half way or something.  The kitten cant go anywhere for 4 weeks as it is only 4 weeks old at the moment.  Is ,  The advertiser will keep the kitten for the 4 weeks until it is weaned if someone is definitely taking her.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 15:36:19 PM by Daisymac »

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2009, 13:29:27 PM »
If someone can pick this kitten up and get to safe place I will take him/her on,we have Minimopsical who is severely disabled so another wont hurt. I can sort some transport out but just havent got time to chase up the add at minute.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2009, 13:22:36 PM »
I Plucked up courage and phoned the advertiser,  she still has the kitten,  I told her I would seek advice here and see if anyone could help,  apprently the kitten is getting better at walking but there is still something wrong,   the lady says she sort of bunnyhops everywhere.  I really cant take the kitten on,  I wish I could but we are virtually on the bread line at the moment,  our lot are insured but insurance wouldn't cover this would it ?

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 12:45:18 PM »
I dont know what to do about this,  the ad was placed on 8th may so only a few weeks after the kitten was born,  Oh god,  I cant afford vet bills without insurance.  I dont want to phone the advertiser in case they have had the poor mite put down.  Delsey or anyone with a bit more confidence than me can you help ????

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 12:45:07 PM »
Any chance a rescue could get hold of this kitten?
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
I have taken the link to the advert off now as it had a telephone number on it,  but here is the main body of text

hello, i am hoping that there is a very loving familly that can help me.
i was born on the 26th of april . i have a brother and 2 sisters.i am a bit different to them as i seem to have a little problem with my back legs and am struggling to walk properly . i know i will need some help from a vet but my owner is not able to provide that as she is out of work.she is very sad as she does not want to have me put down but unless she can find someone to take me on love me and help me get my legs mended she will have no alternative. she is very loving to me like she is with my brother and sisters and she is teaching me to be loving too so dont worry i will love you and really be gratefull of a chance to live.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 13:48:14 PM by Daisymac »

Link to CatChat