Author Topic: Looking to give a kitten (or two) a home in Pontefract, West Yorkshire - SORTED  (Read 8203 times)

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Hey!

We're so happy that these two have been chosen! They're from a home which we can't discuss too much as the police are involved in various aspects of the 'owners' home life!

Ronnie who also came from that home has also found a home (a lovely tabby boy) and Joy has given birth to 4 kittens a week ago and she's such a delihtful grey and white girl and SO friendly! (In fact my boss is already asking me about her as she's looking for a cat to be good with her 2 kids!)

We're so pleased about this home - it's lovely and we're so glad we've been able to find them such a wonderful forever home!!!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 12:54:02 PM by adelcatsprotection »
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline joshyalfie

• Kitten
Lol - I will probably be on here quite a lot now - its a long time since we had such young cats!!!  They are even more gorgeous in catty person! They are from the same (horrible) 'home' but don't think they are siblings.  There were actually four of them all came in together x
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 17:50:39 PM by joshyalfie »

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
good luck with these two -  there's going to be some jealous posters on here now - starting with me  :drool;
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
Awww they're both gorgeous!  I'm not surprised you want them now.

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26287.0.html

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
I'm not surprised you fell for them  :Luv2: They're both gorgeous  :Luv: Do they 'know' each other already - are they from the same home or something?

Offline joshyalfie

• Kitten
Here are the pics we took when we first visited.  I'll post some more when we get them home.  Yes, we were total pushovers when we saw them and had to have them straight away!!!!  x
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 17:14:35 PM by joshyalfie »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
 :1st place: Just had a look on the Adel CP site to see them but couldn't find them - you'll have to post piccies of them once they've settled in  :)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
You brought their arrival date forward, then?  I'm not surprised, of course.  :evillaugh:

I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline joshyalfie

• Kitten
Re: Looking to give a kitten (or two) a home in Pontefract - SORTED
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 16:54:41 PM »
Hi everyone,

Just letting you know that our two gorgeous cats will be coming tomorrow!!!!  They are coming from Adel Cats Protection.

Bonnie is 8 months old and Tommy is about a year - they are soooooo beautiful!!!!  The boys have been counting down 'the sleeps' until they arrive for ages!

Thanks to everyone for their help x

« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 17:02:52 PM by joshyalfie »

Offline joshyalfie

• Kitten
lol - fingers crossed! x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
oooh sounds promising ... I hope Jen can match you up with the purrrfect little bundles of trouble I mean joy! lol
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 20:06:50 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline joshyalfie

• Kitten
Hi Jen,

I am about to email you!  Thanks for your help so far x

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Hi Catherine,

Well how long is a piece of string lol!!! At this time of year when people are arranging holidays and taking time to settle cats in, what I would suggest would be to get a home visit booked in (this is 99% about traffic flow, but when children are involved, we need to get a good idea about the household and so we can get the right kittens for you). The kids are going to grow up with the cats and therefore it's really importnat that we get this right. With a child of 3 (depending on their experience of cats before) we'd look at re-homing our 'bombproof' kittens who are wee bit older. Very young kittens are very bitey and scratchy by their very nature which as adults we don'tfeel, but it can be offputting to children. I'd suggest something around the 5/6 months where they start to walk off if they get bored, rather than bite or scratch.

We'd get the home visit ticked off and then wait a wee bit until the date was nearer and then get the whole family viewing some suitable cats and kittens. All of them are in foster care in the Leeds area and we also work closely with our sister branch in Wharfe Valley. We really work at the pace and schedule that you have and do reserve cats and kittens for people. All kittens are vet checked, de-fleaed and de-wormed and vaccinated and I really hope we can find your new family members.

If you could e-mail me at homeacat@gmail.com with an address and contact number, I can take the enquiry further.
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline joshyalfie

• Kitten
Hi Jen,

Just had a look at your site.  As I said earlier, we really want to be bringing our kittens/young cats home right at the start of the school holidays (so around 23-31 July).  I really want to get them properly settled in and for them and the boys to get used to each other before school and work start again in September.  How long does the whole process take from start to finish?  Really like the look of your branch, I think it may have restored my opinion of rehoming centres a bit!  Thanks for taking the time to reply. 

Catherine x

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Hello!

We are a rescue, but re-home in the Ponteract area and have kittens in care (although i'd have to check which are child friendly etc!)
Our site is http://adel.cats.org.uk and we'd love to hear from you!

Jen x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Hi Catherine,

Welcome to Purrs.  Sorry to hear you have had a bad experience with a rescue centre in the past ... please don't let that put you off ALL rescues though.

Have you had a look at the rescues on CatChat (our sister site).  There are lots of lovely rescues in your area http://www.catchat.org/adoption/yorksw.html

Good luck with your search and please let us know how you get on .... we will of course expect to see pics of the babies when you find them  ;)

Here's a couple to be going on with:

http://www.catchat.org/lar/cgibin/prview.cgi?id=2009051002

http://www.catchat.org/haworth/cgibin/prview.cgi?id=2008051411
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 16:32:25 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline joshyalfie

• Kitten
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your quick replies.  This site is fantastic - really pleased I joined!  Tilly IS absolutely gorgeous and she is really tugging on my heartstrings, but ... since this morning we've decided that we definitely want two cats - the boys are very concerned that one would be lonely while we're away from home!

I really can't consider fetching them home until the end of July as I really want to be able to spend lots of time settling them in before I have to start work again in September.  I think we possibly will consider a pair of slightly-older-but-still-youngish cats too.  One of us is normally at home for most of the day, but there are some weeks where we are both out of work at the same time.  I'd really like them to be settled with us before we leave them.  This is why the start of the 6-week summer hols would be ideal.

If you could all keep your ears and eyes open for me that would be fantastic.  Really don't want to get a cat from a newspaper ad - would much rather go through people who care! x

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
Hello Catherine and   :welcome:  to Purrs

I hope you find a new addition soon - Tilly looks absolutely gorgeous    :ahh:

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
 :welcome: to Purrs, Catherine.  Glad you found us and decided to join to look for the new additions to your household  ;D

We do have a number of small independent rescues on here that I would urge you not to overlook in your research.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,25048.0.html

What about this girl? She's far from old and has been around children from an early age from what I was told.  :Luv:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline joshyalfie

• Kitten
Hi everyone,

We are looking to give a home to one or two kittens. We live just outside Pontefract in West Yorkshire and would be looking to take them home at the end of July or beginning of August (lots of time to spend with them during the school holidays!).

We would prefer kittens to an older cat, as we have two children (3 and 7), and we feel it would be alot to expect an older cat to adapt to these two!!

We are experienced cat owners. Sadly our beautiful Deborah passed away aged 18 years, but we now feel ready to start over.

If anyone can help, please get in touch. All four of us are desperate for the patter of catty footsteps again!

We would prefer to adopt the kittens privately, as we've had a bad experience with a rehoming centre in the past.

Thanks for your help,

Catherine x
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 17:04:32 PM by joshyalfie »

Link to CatChat