Author Topic: Burgled  (Read 8653 times)

Offline Lyn-Su

• Senior Cat
  • Fearne
Re: Burgled
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2007, 14:21:03 PM »
Thanks Sue,

It's funny I've always been able to detect even the slightest mood change in friends, colleagues etc. without them saying or doing anything, someone can walk into a room and, in 99% of cases I can detect these things without conciously trying. For lack of anything better to describe it, it's a sort of sixth sense if that doesn't sound too absurd. I'm not trying to say I am "psychic" but it's just something that's always been with me since I was a kid.

Myself, I only really have two moods, full on - upbeat and alive and, un-fortunately, the opposite, withdrawn and "moody" :). I think that my life is a constant hour-by-hour pendulum between the two states of mind, that's why I think that sensitivity or however one refers to it, can be a curse as well as a blessing :).

Cheers

Leigh

There is a form of Clairvoyance called Clairsentience which is basically someone who can predict things by sensing peoples emotions (like an empath, think Deanna Troi in Star Trek), maybe you have this midly.

Anyway Leigh, there should be more people like you who are sensitive to way people feel, not less. Maybe the world wouldn't be as screwed up.

Lyn x

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2007, 09:25:38 AM »
Thanks,

Karma will get them xx

I think that Karma was the name of an avenging Ninja that I saw in a film the other nght, I sure hope so :) :)

Cheers

Leigh

« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 10:02:38 AM by LeighK »
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2007, 09:20:47 AM »
nothing is safe now a day my nabour had there garage broke into about two weeks back and they lifted her sons moter bike right over the top of her car to get it out,

That is exactly what happend to someone we know. It was such a big heavy bike and little room to manoeuvre.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2007, 22:06:26 PM »
Sorry to hear about the break in !

So glad to hear that they didn't hurt the cats and that all will be okay now.

as bilbo and baggins dad has said Karma will get them xx
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline ronandcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
    • LostCatsBrighton
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2007, 18:21:45 PM »
  >:(Leigh So sorry to hear you had a break in like everyone is saying thank God the cats are safe. nothing is safe now a day my nabour had there garage broke into about two weeks back and they lifted her sons moter bike right over the top of her car to get it out, and i am up till the early hours of the morning and never heard a thing. i am always worreying that they might braek into my cat pens even though its got secrity lighting. well we all hope they catch the B :censored: :scared:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2007, 17:37:31 PM »
its most definately not a cancerian thing, my hubby is a cancerian and he still never gets my mood right...mind you both my kids are the same star sign too so god help me, or will that be god help them  :rofl:

altho neither of them was actually meant to be born under cancer so i dont know if that makes a difference

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2007, 17:29:34 PM »
I'm just like you Leigh and sometimes I do think I'm too sensitive for my own good cos I worry about everyone, making sure they are all ok etc but on balance I'd rather be like that I think. Maybe it's a Cancerian thing being able to pick up on people's moods etc, I know we are supposed to be the most sensitive sign of the zodiac, unfortunately being a Cancerian does mean I can be crabby sometimes too  :rofl:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2007, 13:51:21 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :evillaugh:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2007, 13:16:18 PM »
Bold "B" and Undercore "U" with the line under it.

Maybe I could re-name the original posting "Welcome to Leigh's World" sort of like "Wayne's World" except my Air Guitar playing can only be described as two left-handed and Tone Deaf :) :)

Cheers

Leigh

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2007, 13:10:33 PM »
 "I can't imagine going through a day with one level of emotion LOL"

No fear of that in your world Leigh!   :rofl:   (how do you do that highlighting thingie?    :doh:   )

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2007, 12:45:27 PM »
(although I reckon you've had enough lows now Leigh - time for a change I reckon!    :)  )

I'll drink to that Sue LOL :)

I can't imagine going through life just on one level of emotion

I can't imagine going through a day with one level of emotion LOL

Leigh
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 12:56:08 PM by LeighK »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2007, 12:38:19 PM »
well - I think its a kind of "spiritual" process - as in  yin-yang, light and shade, summer/winter.  We need the one to appreciate the other.  I can't imagine going through life just on one level of emotion, no highs, no lows (although I reckon you've had enough lows now Leigh - time for a change I reckon!    :)  )

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2007, 12:37:19 PM »
it's a sort of sixth sense if that doesn't sound too absurd

I know exactly what you mean as I am like that myself.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2007, 12:30:10 PM »
Thanks Sue,

It's funny I've always been able to detect even the slightest mood change in friends, colleagues etc. without them saying or doing anything, someone can walk into a room and, in 99% of cases I can detect these things without conciously trying. For lack of anything better to describe it, it's a sort of sixth sense if that doesn't sound too absurd. I'm not trying to say I am "psychic" but it's just something that's always been with me since I was a kid.

Myself, I only really have two moods, full on - upbeat and alive and, un-fortunately, the opposite, withdrawn and "moody" :). I think that my life is a constant hour-by-hour pendulum between the two states of mind, that's why I think that sensitivity or however one refers to it, can be a curse as well as a blessing :).

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 12:33:47 PM by LeighK »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2007, 12:20:46 PM »
Reckon Alfie, Frankie and Susie think caring and sensitive is good too!    ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2007, 12:19:45 PM »
Leigh - there's nuthing wrong with caring and sensitive.  I think your Mum has cause to be proud of her son.

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2007, 12:11:06 PM »
Hi Christine,

I've often thought that I'm too darned "sensitive" for my own good sometimes however it's something that I know I couldn't change even if wished LOL. I particularly love that quotation, it's my favourite concerning cats as it so sums up how and why I feel what I feel about them, methinks I'd have enjoyed a chat with Cocteau on the subject :).

Cheers

Leigh

Offline Queen-Penguin

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2007, 11:58:07 AM »
Gah! Some people! Sorry that it's happened to you!

When I was kicked out of my house some years ago and was 'sofa surfing' at my boyfriends, they were broken into and I had a bag solely for the purpose of putting my underwear in. They went through the whole lot  :'( So I had to chuck the whole lot out. I know it sounds stupid but I just had to.

When I was working, the shop got broken into and I was the one to be opening up that day. They had broken in via the roof so it wasn't clear what had happened to start off with. Got upstairs and the office was a mess, dont know what they were looking for and weren't very good at it as they had trashed the place but overlooked the fact that there was a set of keys that opened the office and stock room doors hanging up!! The idiot cut himself aswell so there was plenty of DNA to catch him!! The fool!!
For a man to truly understand rejection, he must first be ignored by a cat.

Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God.

No amount of time can erase the memory of a good cat, and no amount of masking tape can ever totally remove his fur from your couch.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2007, 11:36:44 AM »
“I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul” - Jean Maurice Eugène Clément Cocteau

Sorry about all the sensitive, sentimental stuff but that's me, that's what makes me "tick" :) :).

Great quote. And we need more sensitive folk in this world, Leigh...

:Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2007, 11:14:46 AM »
Hi folks,

I'm very sorry to hear all of your stories about your burglary experiences. That kind of thing does shake one up doesn't it. All told I'm just relieved that the cats are safe and that no real damage was done. I thought I'd feel diferently about the invasion of my home as I'm a real "Cancerian" home making person and home is very important to me, it is my (our with the cats) inner sanctum especially in times of stress and worry but I've been more worried about the cats than anything else. It has definitetely affected them as I don't get many visitors and yesterday all the comings and goings of police, locksmith etc. as well as the banging and crashing of two flats having new locks fitted etc. made even a pretty laid back Frankie dash to and thro from his "safe" place where even I cannot get to him. Suzie was the most spooked as she's such a nervous cat but has the bed to hide under. I know they will get over it but its a shame as they have really come out of their shells so very well since I adopted them. Having said all that the combination of 44 hours without food, 2 hours sleep on Wednesday night and numerous cups of cofee yesterday meant that I was out like a light last night, even Suzie climbing all over me and miaowing as usual didn't wake me. After a hearty breakfast and a good night's sleep I feel very alive today. I'd still like to think that one of the cats dashing about might have spooked the burglars out, a silly romantic thought perhaps but it amuses me to think so :). I think the invasion of my home has been more than balanced out by having the cats welfare to think about and they took it in turns yesterday evening to climb up on me on the settee and express their loving support, they never left me alone, Alfie would climb down and Frankie would take over and then vice-versa, sort of like a relay race passing the baton. Stroking them and re-assuring them kept my mind from other things and firmly concentrated on how great it feels to have 13 lbs of purring "furryness" snuggled up on one's lap. As I said in another psoting recently, the cats have largely become my life, my "raison d'etre", this quotation is a favourite of mine and really sums it up, I couldn't put it better :

“I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul” - Jean Maurice Eugène Clément Cocteau

Sorry about all the sensitive, sentimental stuff but that's me, that's what makes me "tick" :) :).

Thanks again to all for your support.

Leigh
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 11:31:20 AM by LeighK »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2007, 09:56:58 AM »
my work was broken into once and the scariest thing was they were still there when i was in the building !!

I got into work early before everyone else cept the OAP male cleaner we had (he didnt do a good job but was in his 70's and no one had the heart to sack him LOL, least he emptied buckets )  anyways the bathroom door had a simple latch lock on the outside, aswell as a normal one on the inside..when i got to work i went to use the bathroom and it was locked on the inside so i presumed mr grieg was using it and i returned up stairs to find mr grieg in a consulting room, I asked him who else was in and using the bathroom he said that he couldnt get into it either and wasnt sure what was going on but he just left it... (he wasnt the most on the ball bloke LOL and he went about his buisness and didnt bother bout other stuff)

so we both returned down stairs expecting the door to be still locked on the inside and it was now open and we got in, some gits had managed to squeeze themselves through a tiny window that only the top bit opened on in hope to rob all the drugs presumably but due to the outside of the door always being locked they couldnt get out of the bathroom, they had tried their best to kick the door down (it was a really old fashioned type of wooden door abit like the type you'd find in an old cottage) so they werent sucessful and they'd even tried to get the door facing off to get the door opened that way..the police came and finger printed but didnt ever catch them.

I was abit shocked afterward thinking what if they had come out when we had undone the outside catch and they had knives or something, of course they were obviously just chancers and were scared when they realised their was folk now in the building, Due to the wooden window panes i think it was alot harder to get out through the window than it had been to get in so i bet they were panicking.   But what could have happened doesnt bare thinking about. needless to say their was metal bars put up on the outside of the window after that but i was always slightly nervous using that loo first thing in the morning before other members of staff got in.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2007, 07:17:13 AM »
Leigh, I'm so sorry to hear you have having such a rough time, but you are right things can be replaced.  my mother was burgled by her next door neighbours children a few years back they were the sort of kids you see on tv who ran riot, unfortunately mum couldn't get over it and had to move house but I suppose knowing they were next door didn't help.  Hope you and your mum both feel better soon

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2007, 01:06:15 AM »
Very sorry about this Leigh, the last thing you need.

Have every sympathy cos I was burgled in London after I was taken ill.

It was summer of 2003, the very hot one that broke all the records and I lived downstairs and had been on laptop till about 5 in morning playing cards. The top window had been open cos it was so hot and I staggered into bed in next room and then remembeered window was still open but knew it was just a couple of inches and had a big hedge. It was already light and dint think anyone would notice cos i was so tired that I could not move from my bed.

When I woke up later I thought it a bit strange cos the curtian were hanginging out of window and then outside, my window box was on ground.

However didnt think much about it and so good i was in such a mess but i got a letter from barclaycard to say they thought someone had used my cards fraudently, I love BC, and then I found , no purse and they had used my cards at 0800 that morning, 3 hrs after I went to bed.

The creepy thing is like Sue, I slept through it and didnt think they been in the house just took it off table by window. It was only a few weeks later I realized they had been in cos my radio/cd player had gone and then another month on buildng society contacted me cos they had used that card too.

I was so ill at time I didnt really know what I was doing but it was after I knew they had been in the house that it really hit me. Luckily kocka was OK and they musta gone back out the window cos front door was locked from inside. Wouldnt be surprised if kocka disturbed them and prob came to try and wake me up, cos she was a real tell tail  ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2007, 20:45:59 PM »
Leigh - just wanted to say hope you have a better night tonight.  Also hope your Mum's okay too.

You're right.  When we were burgled, we were asleep in the house, and had a dog too.  It was a horrific experience, but I couldn't help thinking that we were "lucky" - what mattered most to us was left alone (our pets) and we could replace the rest.

What made me giggle - and put it all in perspective - was that the house we lived in at the time had a downstairs bathroom.  As I always sleep "in the buff" and invariably wake up during the night and toddle off to the loo - I can't believe the night we were burgled I slept through -can you imagine!!!!!     :rofl:  They'd have run a mile...... :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2007, 19:11:02 PM »
they were professional and knew exactly what they were after

That's exactly what I said - In a weird way, it's not as bad as junkies or chavs getting in as you never know what they might do.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2007, 18:20:03 PM »
Sorry to hear what's happened Leigh, like others have said the main thing is that your little ones are OK.  That was always my fear, that I'd be burgled and Tiggy would escape and get lost - stuff the possessions they can be replaced but the thought of it used to really bother me.  Give Alfie, Frankie and Suzie a calming head kiss from me  :Luv:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2007, 17:22:14 PM »
Very sorry to hear this Leigh I know exactly how you feel as it happened to me a few years back. I came home from work and knew something was up as the curtains were closed and the lights on (it was in January so dark early). I had my babe Cleo at the time and my first thought was for her so rushed into the house never thinking about the fact they could still have been there. Anyway the  :censored: had been in every room in my house, in all the drawers, cupboards etc and left everything strewn all over the place. They had the cheek to close all the curtains too so people couldn't see them! I dashed upstairs to find Cleo and found her in the front bedroom behind a pile of stuff and she just miaowed at me as if to say what's goiing on mum. Thankfully she was ok I think she just hid from them to be honest. She was nervous for a few days but soon sorted herself out so I'm sure they will be ok once things settle down again. The  :censored: that did mine just kicked my back door in despite locks, bolts etc. The police were really good and came straight away but of course they never found them and surprise, surprise nobody heard anything despite the noise of them kicking the door in. Hope your babes and you are ok, take care of yourself and best wishes to your mum too  :hug:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2007, 17:09:27 PM »
Hi folks,

Thanks you all for your kind comments. I'm sorry that it as taeken me a while to reply but I've had a day of it with visits from the police and locksmith etc.

I didn't loose that much, the girl in the flat below was less lucky, they got her laptop too and cash and jewellry , they were professional and knew exactly what they were after. It's funny but after the last 15 months of worry and stress about my mum, first the 9 months in hospital then the nursing home and now hospital again since Monday I don't feel as bad as I thought I would. I guess it puts things into perspective, loosing possession is distressing but they can be replaced, loosing my mum or the cats cannot. I'm only so thankful that the boys with their FIV and Suzie with her age didn't get loose. I think they probably hid but it amuses me to hope that they at least spooked the  :censored: or more amusingly did them some actual bodily harm :). It did scare them and the succession of visitors to the flat today also made them very nervous, Suzie, in particular, was terrified and it took me ages last night stroking her with her lying on my chest in bed to calm her down. I didn't get much sleep last night as things kept churning around in my head espeially after visiting mum who is getting very distressed and confused and is still in a lot of pain but has now been moved to a "proper" ward. As I said though, all told, I'm just so thankful that those that I love are safe. I've just eaten my first meal in nearly 48 hours and I'm going to get a few hours sleep as I'm starting to feel vey flakey, I think the events of the week are catching up with me. I'll say a little prayer that I don't get hit by a meteorite or suchlike, the way things have shaped up this week I'm not betting against it :)

Thanks and best wishes

Leigh

Offline Bobjay

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2007, 14:27:13 PM »
Very sorry to hear this; it's always unpleasant and upsetting, especially as you were vsiting your Mum. The cats are allright and I hope you will be soon. If you don't have an alarm fitted I would consider this.

Bob

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2007, 13:22:26 PM »
Sorry to hear about this  >:( - but as everyone else has said good news your cats are safe.
Hopefully the police will be supportive and give you good advice to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 13:08:38 PM »
I'm sorry you've gone through that Leigh.

Karma will get to them man, it always does in the end.

How is your mum?
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2007, 12:58:50 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 12:50:17 PM »
LOL no probs, i'm sure ive got a couple of artery forceps rattling around in the bottom of a cupboard somewhere and then all i need is a manky old scalpel  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 12:46:51 PM »
I'd pay to see that!  How about we make an evening of it - we could all bring along a few people we'd like to get "fixed".   Make sure them tools are a bit rusty, Lynn!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2007, 12:43:43 PM »
i just thought more fun all round sue  :evillaugh:

hey what about we do a pay to view and give moneys raised to purrs ???

:evillaugh: :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2007, 12:24:29 PM »
Leigh am so so sorry.  It's a horrible experience  It happened to us too, and like you I was just so glad neither of the cats or the dog were hurt or taken.

Big hugs to you.  I hope the little  :censored: get their just desserts.  I really do believe what goes around comes around.  Hopefully it'll be Lynn with her castration tools - I rather think if you're out of practice Lynn the results could be way more interesting!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 11:27:47 AM »
sorry to hear about your break in leigh, thats rotton esp when you've so much on your plate just now.

i really feel for you.

I know what i'd do to them if i got the chance..mind you i may be abit out of practice with my castration techniques but im sure that wouldnt be a problem  :evillaugh:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 10:42:41 AM »
Big  :hug: Leigh this is a terrible thing to happen any time but especially while you are out visiting your Mum at hospital - as if you don't have enough to worry about without some  :censored: :censored: :censored: stealing your property! Grrrrrrr.

Glad to hear the gang are all OK.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 10:37:13 AM »
Sorry you've been burgled, Leigh :(  Like everyone else has said, thank god your cats are safe.  My fear is being burgled and the cats getting out.  I did have an attempted break in one sunday morning (when I was asleep in bed!) but they were seen and scarpered before they got in.  They did leave a window open, however.  The cats hid behind the sofa! 

Offline Marie

• Senior Cat
  • Maisy and Tommy
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 10:26:24 AM »
Leigh, sorry to read this but I know how you feel.  We had our car broken into outside our house a few weeks ago and my OH had stupidly left laptop in boot!!!  My fear, they would then wonder if we had anything worth stealing in the house.  I didn't sleep properly for about 2 weeks just listening for noise at night, my biggest worry if they broke in they would let the cats out or worse as Tommy is so noisy that they would hurt him to quiet him.  OH thinks I'm being paranoid and over reacting but it is still worrying me.
Marie, Maisy and Tommy xxx

Link to CatChat