Author Topic: Introducing my first foster kitty! Now with more pics!  (Read 3076 times)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
Re: Introducing my first foster kitty! Now with more pics!
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2009, 20:12:15 PM »
I think he looks like a " little Tinker" would be a good name, cause he looks mischievous  :naughty:

wannacmophotozz  :Luv:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline BCP

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2009, 15:19:03 PM »
He's a cutie!

He could be called "Star" he's a little superstar for coming along as well as he has and so quickly, he's obviously in a lovely home now!  :)

Good luck with your new bundle of joy!

BCP x
My 3 beautiful cats: Beau-Chinchilla 14 & 1/2yrs, Coco-Ragdoll 19 months, Phoenix-Maine Coon 18 months.

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2009, 14:26:21 PM »
He is actually adorable!!!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 11:18:07 AM »
He looks like a 'Pootle' or a 'Roo-barb' to me !

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2009, 10:08:54 AM »
Progress continues. He is making a right racket out in the hall, kitchen and bathroom tonight, no idea what he's playing with but from the sounds of it it is lots of fun!

He now sleeps between my legs, somewhat awkward for me but obviously toasty warm and comfy for him :Luv2: I have also got into a routine with him in the morning as that is when he is most relaxed. So I walk up a little earlier than I need to get up and smother him with strokes and love, he purrs appreciatively and slowly he is getting less jumpy about me approaching him. This morning he even allowed me to rub his tummy and with this much relaxation I went in to pick him up which until now can only be done by the scruff if you don't want to lose an eye! So, feeling confident he is less jumpy about his underside being touched I quickly picked him up and pulled him in for a cuddle. No reaction, clever boy, stayed for a bit of fuss then went back to his original spot.

He is a lovely lovely boy and gets chattier by the day.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2009, 09:58:16 AM »
He's gorgeous, and you're making such good progress with him  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 21:41:05 PM »
Still haven't decided on a name yet so keep the suggestions coming! Takes me ages to name anything, I like to make sure they suit it and just fits them naturally.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2009, 21:39:16 PM »
Aw he looks so sweet, I bet you're going to find it hard to let him go!  :Luv2: Has he got a name yet?

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Re: Introducing my first foster kitty!
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2009, 21:37:50 PM »
We are making wonderful progress. I have taken some pictures this morning of him snuggled on the bed. No zoom used here either, this is actually how close I can get to him when he is in the right mood. Even let me have some strokes and rewarded me with purrs :Luv2:

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2009, 15:04:50 PM »
Just gorgeous :Luv:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2009, 06:46:25 AM »
Definitely mischevious. First off, he kicks his litter everywhere! Secondly, he raids any bag that vaguely smells of food but disappears so fast I have yet to catch him red pawed :evillaugh: One slipper is under the bed, it was not there when I left for the supermarket earlier :evillaugh: He keeps trying to get up high enough to stick his nose in the bowl of corned lamb hash to lick it for scraps :evillaugh:

We have just had a lovely smooching session. I went and retrieved him from his "safe" box in his crate and he almost immediately started purring. I sat on the sofa and just showered him with head rubs and full body strokes. He was pacing about all over my lap and the arm of the sofa, purring away and I was even a forward thrust away from a head butt ;D

He is now lying under the coffee table, one of his favourite places as it is still kind of hidden but close to where I am ;) He is lying in the most relaxed way I have seen so far, enjoying the heat from the fire.

He also shouts a lot if he doesn't know where I am, like when I was in the shower this morning, so he likes company :Luv2:

He is going to be an absolute sweety once he relaxes and lets his cheekiness out :Luv:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2009, 14:53:01 PM »
Or Loki? (Keeping up with the mischief theme!)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2009, 14:49:14 PM »
He's lovely  :Luv2:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2009, 12:58:44 PM »
What about Jeeves....keeping up with the butler theme?  ;D

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2009, 12:56:58 PM »
I have a Teddy that looks just like him  :Luv2:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2009, 12:14:07 PM »
He is a lovely boy,  I think he should be called Ernie or Rodney !

You are probably right about him not having to look for his litter before,  he will get used to everything x  enjoy x

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2009, 12:03:18 PM »
No, can't be Smithers, that's a Simpson's character who is a closet gay man who fancies an ancient horrible old Mr Burns who runs the nuclear power plant, not right at all :evillaugh:

I have removed said basket and all other clothes from floors etc, he doesn't have access to the lounge at night, just the wooden floored areas ;) During the day when I am at work he goes in his kitten cage so we'll see how we go for a few days. I think part of the problem is before he came to me he was caged and never had to find his tray, now he does and I guess i's just easier to pee wherever is easiest than go hunting for your tray when you are too shy to ask where it is.

I also have my suspicions there's a very cheeky demanding little butter in there. He spent a good hour, he's persistent, crying pitifully from under the bed at me in the early hours. What did he want in the end? FOOD! Dave the second I tell you! Even tried to ransack the bin but I think my bin is a little more cat proof than the last one I had.

I also think he will turn into one of those cats that purrs the second you look a them, as for a painfully shy timid cat he doesn't half purr easily. I have discovered that at the moment his fear overtakes his desire for a cuddle so you have to kind of chase him and catch him, which does cause him a few seconds of distress but then once you've sat down and are giving him smooches he settles right down and rather enjoys it all the while purring away. So much so, earlier when I forced a cuddle on him, he chilled right out and voluntarily snuggled down in my lap :Luv:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2009, 11:56:21 AM »
I would agree with blackcat,  give him a few more days to clam down and if he is still having accidents you may have to put him in a kitten cage for a week or so with his litter tray.  I had similar problems with one of my boys and although he is quite good now,  I am ashamed to say he is still a bit of a dirty begger !  :sick:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2009, 11:45:20 AM »
I think he should be called Smithers, because he looks like a butler to me - and once he gets over his timidness I suspect there is a very confident cat lurking inside there. Hope he learns where the litter tray is soon  :sick: otherwise you may have to resort to a kitten cage for a while ...

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2009, 11:39:13 AM »
What a gorgeous little boy - he looks like a Rupert to me  :naughty:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2009, 10:44:15 AM »
Bah! That sort of behaviour deducts brownie points. It might be because he's in a new place and a bit unsure; he has to make sure his territory is marked. ;) :sick:

He's very sweet though - what about Puck? He looks a little bit mischievous.... ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 10:30:23 AM »
Aww! Love his pink nose!  :Luv2:

Well Done you!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 09:22:16 AM »
We have just had our first falling out. Seems he decided he rather liked my nice clean towels in the linen basket to go for a pee and a poo on, then when I was tapping his bum to get out (only time he hasn't run away from me instantly) and removing the soiled items there was another poo previously deposited! Didn't even smell it or see it yesterday! Little butter :tired:

So he's gone to sulk in the box in his cage :evillaugh:

Offline LittleOne

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 09:20:04 AM »
He's so cute  :Luv:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2009, 09:18:47 AM »
He's gorgeous  :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 09:14:56 AM »
Awwww He's Beautiful  :Luv: :Luv:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 08:58:15 AM »
Awww he is gorgeous! His little cutey face is just  :Luv:
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2009, 08:21:37 AM »
He is lovely,  I am sure he will come round soon enough,  sounds like he is trusting you already.  I wouldnt be able to Foster,  I would end up keeping them all.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Introducing my first foster kitty! Now with more pics!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2009, 06:59:32 AM »
He doesn't have a name but this is the little boy I am fostering. He is very very distrustful of people but is coming round very quickly. I woke up this morning to find him staring back at me from the end of the bed! He even let me have a stroke and then pick him up and bring him to the top of the bed for a cuddle, all the while purring very loudly. He still runs away when you approach him but his confidence is growing every hour. He chats away to me now too :Luv2:

« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 21:38:27 PM by 925dancer »

Link to CatChat