Author Topic: Bobby, longhair b&w, needs new home after owner died - NOW IN RESCUE  (Read 2723 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Bobby, longhair b&w, needs new home after owner died - NOW IN RESCUE
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2009, 12:48:51 PM »
Everything crossed that the poor boy find happiness again xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Bobby has now gone to Bath Cats & Dogs Home. He went on Sunday and apparently the process of getting him into the carrier was traumatic as he was terrified. However the home say is settling and letting them stroke him and they don't think he'll have a problem getting a home, because although timid, he has a gentle nature.

Can a mod move this to sorted now pls? ta

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
No, but the lady who is going in to feed him has got him on the local CP waiting list and has contacted another local rescue too, both of which have said they will make room for him at short notice if the worst comes to the worst and the son decides he's got to leave the house - although I think the lady was trying to negotiate with him for more time.  :)

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 :Luv: awww he's lovely

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
Any news on this lovely old boy
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
What a handsome boy!  :Luv2:

Good Luck in finding a forever home for him x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Gorgeous and another Misa relative I reckon  ;D

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
Hes so gorgous :Luv: how can anyone not want him :( his  poor departed owner must be turning in his grave at the thought of his beloved Bobby not being wanted :(

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
What a hunk  :Luv2:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
The lady thats feeding him managed to get some photos of him, so I guess its progress that she's been able to get that close, with him being so shy  :)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
Re: Bobby, longhair black and white, needs new home after owner died
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2009, 18:52:58 PM »
I do so hate it when relatives jump in and say cat must go in a very short time and hope that Bobby gets a nice home  :hug:

So do I.  I can understand that there are often very valid reasons why family can't take on a pet of the deceased but to impose a short time limit for rehoming is beyond my comprehension. My black and white bridge baby Tiny came to us as a result of his owners death when the neighbour who had been feeding him for 5 weeks was going away for Christmas and all the rescues were full.  We had never seen him and it was supposed to be a temporary arrangement  but it was love at first sight :Luv2:  Lets hope Bobby is equally lucky.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2009, 11:50:41 AM »
Poor boy  :( isn't that sad, hope he gets a lovely home x

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 11:23:58 AM »
Poor Bobby  :( he must be so confused right now, i do hope he can be found a lovely new home bless him, hope the relatives find themselves homeless one day then they will now how it feels :censored:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2009, 14:23:43 PM »
My dad died in 1987 leaving a tabby cat, can't recall his name atm  :-:.  My dad loved that cat and the notion that any family member would not care for an animal that was loved by such a close family member appals me.  There was never any question that one of us would home my dad's cat.  One of my brothers took him on but the cat developed eczema and he couldn't afford treatment...so another one of my brother's gave him a home and he lived happily for many years.  I'm so sorry for poor Bobby and hope he finds a loving home soon.  The son's behavoiur simply disgusts me.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2009, 13:48:05 PM »
I do so hate it when relatives jump in and say cat must go in a very short time and hope that Bobby gets a nice home  :hug:

Sad isnt it?

Anyway  - forgot to say - Bobby is in Calne, Wiltshire.  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 23:07:38 PM »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
Bobby, longhair b&w, needs new home after owner died - NOW IN RESCUE
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 22:56:13 PM »
I'm posting this on behalf of a friend whose colleague has be given responsibility to rehome Bobby after his owner died. My friend's colleague was going to take Bobby herself, but is now unable to. Bobby is still in his own home and is being fed by the colleague (who lives next door).  Bobby is black and white, longhaired, about 9 years old, and very shy and I think he must be quite traumatised by the loss of his owner because at first he wouldnt even appear when the lady went in to feed him, and now he is hissing and spitting at her. Its likely he'll need a lot of time and patience to gain his trust, and so he needs a quiet, calm home, probably without young children, and no other pets.

I've recommended the lady who is feeding him get in touch with our local CP and another cat rescue in the area, but she wants to see if she can find a home for him herself. The son of Bobby's owner is saying that Bobby has got to go before the end of May!  :(

It turns out I know Bobby! - when my friend was telling me about his owner who died and said that her cat needed rehoming and that his name was Bobby - I realised he'd been one of my grooming customers (not a particularly regular customer - about once a year, and actually I hadnt seen him for several years!) His coat is apparently in a bit of state! No photo I'm afraid, with him being so shy and wary.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 12:05:25 PM by Gillian (Ambercat) »

Link to CatChat