Author Topic: Purely More meat- 70% in fact!  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Purely More meat- 70% in fact!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 09:49:27 AM »
I think theres abit of careful wording on the packet as the details say

Main Flavour:
Main flavour(s): Chicken

Min % Incl. Main Flavour(s):
Minimum content of main flavour: 70%

Ingredients:
Poultry Meat Meal (Min. 26%), Potato, Fresh Chicken, Poultry Oil, Chicken Liver, Brewers Yeast, Sugar Beet Pulp, Cellulose, Cranberry Extract, Green Tea Extract, Prebiotic FOS, Prebiotic MOS, Minerals, Vitamins. With Antioxidant EC Additives (Vitamin E and Vitamin C). Contains Tocopherol Rich Extracts of Natural Origin

Do they mean that 70% of the poultry meat meal is chicken not 70% of ingredients is chicken?  :-:

I think the different chicken products add up to 70% of the whole food. :)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 09:46:15 AM »
The ingredients seem a lot better than the regular Purely - ie Probiotics, Omega oils etc.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 08:16:43 AM »
The normal purely is similar though MM, the front says 40% but the only % on the back is 26%.
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 19:19:46 PM »
I think theres abit of careful wording on the packet as the details say

Main Flavour:
Main flavour(s): Chicken

Min % Incl. Main Flavour(s):
Minimum content of main flavour: 70%

Ingredients:
Poultry Meat Meal (Min. 26%), Potato, Fresh Chicken, Poultry Oil, Chicken Liver, Brewers Yeast, Sugar Beet Pulp, Cellulose, Cranberry Extract, Green Tea Extract, Prebiotic FOS, Prebiotic MOS, Minerals, Vitamins. With Antioxidant EC Additives (Vitamin E and Vitamin C). Contains Tocopherol Rich Extracts of Natural Origin

Do they mean that 70% of the poultry meat meal is chicken not 70% of ingredients is chicken?  :-:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 07:55:13 AM »
I didn't see this when I went in on Sat - I dont normally check the dry food out, as I have god knows how many kilo's in the house, but I did look enough to see the new Applaws dry. I noticed their normal Purely but would have tried this.
Please spay your cat

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 22:16:18 PM »
forgot to add the webpage for those who haven't seen it! http://www.petsathome.com/find/keyword-is-purely/product-is-23630#tabs
Oh and apologies if I have missed an existing thread on this, there are so many food ones I lose track!

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
Purely More meat- 70% in fact!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 22:15:30 PM »
This month I went to PAH and found they have a new food in their 'purely' range- Purely More Meat which is 70% chicken. It's only a pound more and looking at it, it definitely seems better than the normal purely. Has anyone else tried it? It's £7.99 for 1.5kg of dry and I think that's a very good deal moneywise if it's as good as it seems. (I am no expert on nutritional values!) The cats are enjoying it too and actually seem to like it more than the Applaws, although they are not fussy puds- they'll kind of eat any dry in fact! It's with their wet food that they are snobs!

Link to CatChat