Author Topic: Chancer. young tabby, HOMED!  (Read 2713 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Chancer. young tabby, HOMED!
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 22:36:34 PM »
Hope Chancer is really happy in his new home  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Re: Chancer. young tabby, HOMED!
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 21:53:46 PM »
Homed!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline TheHappyHippy

• Adult Cat
  • Boo the forumming cat.
  • Slave to: Boo, Zed, Ing, Bunni, Eve, Pheonix and Booty
Re: Chancer. young tabby, a right cheeky monkey. Canterbury CP
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 21:21:40 PM »
Chancer saw vet today for 2nd vac etc and he will be with us a little longer, has to go back in 2wks for final check up.. However that does not stop anyone seeing him and potentially reserving him.. He is doing well but they feel he could do with 2wks more in our care..

I shall pm  you. We are definitely intersted in meeting him and see if he is willing to like us.  :)

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 17:13:05 PM »
Chancer is a very handsome boy who reminds me so much of my missing babe Wizzy,i do hope he soon finds a new home :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 13:48:40 PM »
Chancer saw vet today for 2nd vac etc and he will be with us a little longer, has to go back in 2wks for final check up.. However that does not stop anyone seeing him and potentially reserving him.. He is doing well but they feel he could do with 2wks more in our care..
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Offline TheHappyHippy

• Adult Cat
  • Boo the forumming cat.
  • Slave to: Boo, Zed, Ing, Bunni, Eve, Pheonix and Booty
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 09:40:34 AM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

*ponders a further addition to our family of boys here in Canterbury*

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 19:49:12 PM »
I love him! He's so cute!  :Luv: I really do have my fingers crossed for this lil one  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 22:35:50 PM by JackSpratt »

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Chancer. yougn tabby, a right cheeky monkey. Canterbury CP
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 17:18:33 PM »
awww look at him, so glad he is much better  :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 20:45:39 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 16:50:53 PM »
New foster Ros is another little Angelland she writes so well..  A real assett to our branch.. Oh yea Thanks goes to vets Bournes (esp Rob) that managed to beg and bribe the owners in getting him into our care and treated...We are lucky to have such dedicated vets in our area.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 16:53:06 PM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 16:31:36 PM »
I think your fosterer Ros has done a great job at making Chancer leap off the page :Luv:

her efforts will surley make it so much easier for Chancer's new family to recognize themselves
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 16:21:07 PM »
AWWWW God bless him - he looks totaly adorable, my kinda puss tabby  :wow:

some people make me SICK, thank heaven he is in your safe hands xxx - give him a tummy munch from me.

A Meow Massages your heart.

• Super Cat
Chancer. young tabby, HOMED!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 16:02:24 PM »
One of our new fosterers Ros.. has written this about Chancer who will be looking for a new home soon.

Chancer had been involved in some sort of accident – probably hit by a car – and he had been signed over to us by the owners who could not/would not pay for his treatment. Luckily he found himself at a local vets, where he was found to be in shock having suffered a broken pelvis and badly fractured tail. After treatment for the shock and an operation to remove his tail at the base (and being neutered at the same time!) he was much improved and ready to come into a loving home for some TLC and nursing until he recovered.

Chancer is only a young puss, about 5-6 months old, and he did not seem to notice that he no longer had a tail. He seemed far more interested in his tender ‘boy bits’ for the first 24 hours; however food quickly became his total obsession. I borrowed a large dog cage, where Chancer had his comfy bed, cat litter and water bowl, and he spent most of his time in the cage where he could not try to jump and so was forced to rest – the only way to allow the broken pelvis to mend. We let him out for short periods of love and cuddles and lots of food. Thankfully, his injuries did not seem to have damaged any of his normal functions and he was soon using his cat litter and eating everything in sight. After a couple of days, he was looking for entertainment and we all spent happy hours on the floor with him, with bits of string, toilet roll tubes, fluffy balls, and a small fluffy teddy that was his companion in bed every time he went to sleep. He needed plenty of sleep, and half hour of play would be followed by several hours nap. At night he would settle down and sleep quietly until someone appeared in the morning to feed him. At that point he would wail horribly until let out and fed!

Three weeks have now gone by, and the sleepy, injured puss that arrived has slowly morphed into a scatty, cheeky, adorable and very lively young cat. It has become quite hard to prevent him from jumping about as he takes delight in leaping out from behind furniture to play. As I write this, we are off to visit the vet tomorrow and I am confident that he will give Chancer a clean bill of health and say he is ready to be re-homed. It will be hard to see him go, however I will be glad to see him start a new life with someone who will give him the love and care he deserves. He will be a wonderful companion and has his whole life ahead of him.

Chancer is a lovely family cat and would be fine with other suitable "in your face felines". He does need company and although we are willing to rehome with kiddies, pls do note that they will need to make sure he is handled correctly due to his pelvis. But with time the bones will heal even more and he will be completely fine, if indeed a bit weird looking when he runs..

Chancer is neutered, vac, chipped and was clear of nasty cat diseases.
Currently in care of Canterbury CP
Homechecks are required pls see our website for more details www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Donations MUCH< MUCH appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 21:53:14 PM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »

Link to CatChat