Author Topic: RIP Hollyberry my beloved one  (Read 3581 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: RIP Hollyberry my beloved one
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2009, 13:25:25 PM »
I can understand too, only this morning I've been sorting through some photos on my puter and I didn't want to look at my Schui's photos still  :'( I had to keep flicking past those, isn't it awful - hugs for us all  :grouphug:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 13:26:22 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2009, 12:48:12 PM »
Oh Dotti, i'm so sorry. I lost my boy Rocky, on April 4th and it is just so very hard to cope with. Like Hollyberry, he had been through so many scrapes and I nursed him back to health. That somehow makes it all the harder. I've had many sleepless nights because i can't stop thinking about him and feeling upset. I really feel for you.
I also don't have any children and he was definitely a surrogate child to me so I know what that feels like.
Hollyberry was obviously much loved and a devoted companion to you and I bet she had a wonderful life thanks to all the love and care you showered on her.
Hopefully our 2 babies are playing together right now xxx.

Offline dottii

• Kitten
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 01:27:32 AM »
  :thanks:  thank you all for your kind replies :hug:

Things here are still much the same, I wish the pain would start to ease and the guilt that maybe I did really not do the very best for my beloved go away.  Then I try not to end up wallowing in self pity and get on with "normal life" .  The thing is this isn't normal life, normal life for the past 17 and half years has been with my Hollyberry and her lovely antics and then in later years the change in her habits and looking after her the best I could.  So normality has got to change I know, but try as I may, its just not happening at the moment.   :(

Today I had to take Mr Benjamin (my dog) to the vet's for what I thought was an appointment for his booster jab (actually I had missed it as it was yesterday- duh brain me) but just stepping into the vets again was such a hard thing to do.  The surgery where HB was pts was actually in a different place thank goodness, but I had taken her to this branch many many times and each time in the last year it was to recieve a reprieve, but now she is gone and all the memories hit me like a hammer as I went in.  It is now very very late for me to be up but I just can't get to sleep at all, the memories and the grief keep churning around in my head like bad dreams which I wish I could wake from and find her still here next to my pillow, where she belongs!!

Sorry for whingeing again.

Muchly, Dottii xx    :'( :'( :'(

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 08:24:25 AM »
R.I.P. Hollyberry :RIP: :Luv:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2009, 21:54:57 PM »
she was a redpoint Siamese called Tum-Tum

she will always be my most special cat because she was my only companion for 14 years, and went through many life changes with me

I'm just grateful I had her for those years, and I remember her now with great fondness but no hurt anymore - as I hope you will come to remember Hollyberry - the hurt is the price we pay for loving them, but oh how it is worth it :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline dottii

• Kitten
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2009, 21:36:57 PM »
Awww Trigger I am soooo sorry - its a long time back but no doubt any the less painful. :hug:  I never really had a thing about Fri 13th before, but I think this may well have triggered a potential phobia - i hope not though.  I am sure I will still be remembering Hollyberry in 11 years time, and do so hope it is not with the pain there is now and that time will have healed me and given me a better perspective.

Yes, I too believe that we will be reunited at the Rainbow Bridge - maybe not in a physical form, but I am sure we recognise each other's soul - I have had dreams where either Hollyberry, Gertie or my Mother have been there, but not in a physical form , but nonetheless they were completely recognisable.

Thinking of you

Dottii xx

P.S.  Can I ask what your little furbaby was called ?

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 20:22:56 PM »
I lost a most loved cat on a Friday 13th March too - that was back in 1998 - a day I shall never forget

I often think about her still - like Hollyberry she will be waiting at Rainbow Bridge :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline PennyLineker

• Adult Cat
  • Penny & Lineker
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 11:10:18 AM »
Bless you Hollyberrys mum and RIP Hollyberry.  You are both in my thoughts.

xxxxx

:hug:
Natalie (aka PennyLineker)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 23:15:06 PM »
RIP Hollyberry. x

:hug: dottii .

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 12:13:15 PM »
RIP Hollyberry....xxx

dotti... :hug:

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2009, 18:41:50 PM »
What a gorgeous girl :hug:

Can understand how you must be feeling :hug:

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 14:44:38 PM »
So sorry, she was gorgeous. She'll always be with you. When we lost Uncle M (he was 19) we both heard him walking around the house for several months after he died- it only gradually stopped happening. We found it rather comforting.

Offline Mollyrock

• Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2009, 11:39:35 AM »
 :hug: aw hon, i am so sorry for your loss. She was just the most beautiful girl. I know what you are going through hon, i lost my lil girl last week. Don't be a stranger we are all here to help you through this. They are a wonderful bunch of people here xx

Offline dottii

• Kitten
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 11:25:55 AM »
Again thank you all sooooooooo much for your words of welcome and condolence. 

Janeyk - I was amazed when I read your beloved Schui's name and I am so sorry for your loss too  :hug: - the way I read it it sounds exactly how my best friend and I pronounced sweeee when talking about both HB and her beloved friend, my dog Gertie (who died on May 20th last year - losing both of then in a year arrrgggghhh) - when they were doing lovely things and what lovely and appropriate name to call a beloved furbaby.   

Isn't it strange how people just acknowledging the pain one is in, seems to help. 

That being said, this morning is a lovely warm and suny one here, I have been sitting outside my cottage, (the one on which Holllyberry is picutred below) with tears streaming  - she should be here rolling in the sunshine and stretching herself out as if to say " look at me, am i not the most beautiful person you have ever seen? "  And yes HB you were and I hope that there is a sunny spot where you roll and enlist many more to that huge fan club who you had here.  I love you soooooooo much and life isn't and will never be the same without you  ((((((xxxxxxxxxx))))))

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 09:27:42 AM »
Hiya and welcome to Purrs hun, as others have said, sorry you have found us under such sad circumstances  :hug:

Hollyberry will be safe and sound at Rainbow Bridge, and you'll meet again one day.

She was very beautiful, by the way  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 09:11:51 AM »
Sorry to welcome you in such a sad way - its amazing how many people find Purrs through loss (myself included) and how much it helps. :hug: :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 08:29:35 AM »
I am sorry to welcome you to Purrs in such sad circumstances, Dottii.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 08:27:58 AM »
 :welcome:  to Purrs Dotti

:RIP:   Hollyberry
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 06:44:03 AM »
Godbless Hollyberry, she was obviously very dearly loved xx

I lost my Schui the week before you so I understand how you feel  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 23:44:16 PM »
Soory to welcome you to Purrs in such sad circumstances  :hug: I know it may not feel like it now but it does get easier, gradually the sad thoughts are replaced by happy memories although you never stop loving and missing them  :hug:

RIP Hollyberry, safe and sound at the Bridge until your Mum is ready to collect you xx

Remember Our Love

I was chosen that day
I'm learning to fly
the world took me away,
but please don't you cry

And I chose you today
to try and be strong
so please don't you cry
and don't say that I'm gone

When you're feeling alone
just remember our love,
I'm up near the stars
looking down from above.

Remember our love
In a moment you'll see
that I'm still here beside you
when you're thinking of me.

Offline dottii

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 23:35:25 PM »
Awwwwwwww thank you all for your kind replies  -  what a lovely place you have here and I am so pleased to have found it.  Dottii x

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 23:24:10 PM »
Aww RIP Little one xxx

:hug:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 23:12:22 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 23:10:04 PM »
Hollyberry is just wonderful and I am sure she is watching over you just like you think  :hug: :hug:

Many peeps on here have seen or felt their cats, I sadly have not.

RIP Hollyberry, play hard on the Bridge

Offline dottii

• Kitten
RIP Hollyberry my beloved one
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 22:41:51 PM »
I lost my beloved Hollberry on Friday 13th March (who says Fri 13th isn't bad???) 

She was 17 and a half and I had her from 8 weeks old - she was my stalward friend, my surrogate child (unable to have children   :-[ ).  She had many scrapes throughout her life, which I will share with you when the pain is not so raw.  I know I should be feeling better by now, but I had to go away for three weeks soon after she died and have now come home to house without her - though I am sure I see her in my bedroom window as I drive in, hear her when I am downstairs and feel he jump on my bed when I am asleep.  Ohhhh blub  :'( :'(

Rest in peace my lovely friend, until we meet again

Dottii x

Link to CatChat