Author Topic: Hello there  (Read 3287 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Hello there
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2009, 15:55:33 PM »
Thank you everyone. It means a lot to me to know that others understand the horrors of losing a cat to the road. It's comforting to know that others understand the emotional wreck I am at the moment. I know that if ever I have cats again in the future, they will have to be housecats. I couldn't go through the worry, stress and emotional torment of having an outdoor cat again, although, to be honest, Luna could never have been called an outdoor cat. She was black so was never allowed out at night, and when she was allowed out in the day, it was only when I was in the house and the back door was wide open, so that she could dash in if she needed too. I took every precaution to ensure that she had a safe home environment as well as little playtimes outside and still she gets taken away from me. I struggle to see the justice somehow :'(

There is no justice in the world sadly.  But you must try and take comfort from the fact that Luna led a full and active life with lots of love and cuddles from her mummy and daddy.

I hope in time you will be able to look back on all the happy times you had together and remember Luna with a smile.  Until that time comes rest assured we are all here for you to offer a metaphorical shoulder to cry on  :hug: :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline harlequin

• Senior Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 07:11:46 AM »
Thank you everyone. It means a lot to me to know that others understand the horrors of losing a cat to the road. It's comforting to know that others understand the emotional wreck I am at the moment. I know that if ever I have cats again in the future, they will have to be housecats. I couldn't go through the worry, stress and emotional torment of having an outdoor cat again, although, to be honest, Luna could never have been called an outdoor cat. She was black so was never allowed out at night, and when she was allowed out in the day, it was only when I was in the house and the back door was wide open, so that she could dash in if she needed too. I took every precaution to ensure that she had a safe home environment as well as little playtimes outside and still she gets taken away from me. I struggle to see the justice somehow :'(

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 22:15:52 PM »
Hello Sara and Adam and   :welcome:  to Purrs

Sorry to welcome you in such sad circumstances.  I lost Spike to the road just over a year ago now.  That must have been so hard for Adam finding her like that but at least you did get her home with you.

I know the pain believe me.

:candle:    :candle:    :RIP:    :candle:    :candle:    LUNA
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 22:09:13 PM »
Hello Sarah    :welcome: to Purrs           ,im sorry to hear the sad news about Luna :( its tragic  that so many are lost to the roads, but you are among friends on here and there is no such thing as  " just a cat " :hug: :hug:                                                                                            R.I.P. Luna , safe at the bridge
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 13:03:41 PM »
Hi Sara and Adam  :welcome: to Purrs,

I'm so sorry you found us under such sad circumstances.  You have definitely come to the right place, sadly too many of us know the heartbreak associated with losing a furbabe tot he road and I can assure you you will NEVER be told "it's just a cat" on here as we all know there is no such thing as "just a cat".  They are all special and unique.

RIP Luna ... play hard at the bridge little girl xx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline harlequin

• Senior Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 12:30:40 PM »
Temporarily in Shifnal until the new house in Shrewsbury is finished being built!! Should be back in Shrewsburyland in May :-)
I love both Shrewsbury and Shifnal. I hope you're happy in your new home once you've moved and are settled in :)

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 12:24:56 PM »
Hi Mojo! It's always a pleasure to meet another Shropshire lass! :) I was born in Shrewsbury but grew up in Telford and still live there now. Honestly, people come to Shropshire and never leave! ;) When you say you will be in Shrewsbury, do you mean that you'll be moving there soon? Where are you moving from?

Temporarily in Shifnal until the new house in Shrewsbury is finished being built!! Should be back in Shrewsburyland in May :-)

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 23:10:32 PM »
Hi Harlequin, Welcome to Purrs

I'm so sorry to read about your loss  :'(

:hug:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline harlequin

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 22:02:49 PM »
Hi Mojo! It's always a pleasure to meet another Shropshire lass! :) I was born in Shrewsbury but grew up in Telford and still live there now. Honestly, people come to Shropshire and never leave! ;) When you say you will be in Shrewsbury, do you mean that you'll be moving there soon? Where are you moving from?

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 12:13:24 PM »
Another one from Shropshire!  :welcome: Harlequin, whereabouts in Shropshire are you? I (will be) in Shrewsbury!

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline harlequin

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 11:18:58 AM »
Thank you. Everyone has been so kind, and the poem posted by Tiggy's Mum made my cry. It's so beautiful and I think Luna would have agreed.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 01:28:11 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.... :)

Sorry to hear about Luna  :(

RIP little one x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 23:39:52 PM »
Sorry to welcome you to Purrs in such sad circumstances  :hug: It may not feel like it now but it does get easier, gradually the sad thoughts are replaced by happy memories although you never stop loving and missing them.

RIP little Luna, safe and sound at the Bridge until your Mum & Dad are ready to collect you xx

Remember Our Love

I was chosen that day
I'm learning to fly
the world took me away,
but please don't you cry

And I chose you today
to try and be strong
so please don't you cry
and don't say that I'm gone

When you're feeling alone
just remember our love,
I'm up near the stars
looking down from above.

Remember our love
In a moment you'll see
that I'm still here beside you
when you're thinking of me.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 23:14:55 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs and am so sorry its in such sad circumstances  :hug: :hug:

Its never just a cat as all of us here know and poor little Luna trying to get home makes me feel so sad. You have come to the right place for surport  :hug: :hug:

RIP Luna, play hard on the Bridge

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 23:08:05 PM »
I'm so sorry you lost Luna so tragically, I know what its like to lose a cat to RTA, its just devastating, I really feel for you. You are amongst friends here  :hug:

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 20:48:42 PM »
Hi Sara

Sorry to hear about Luna.   

I do hope you find comfort being on here on Purrs with people who understand your loss.

:hug: :hug: to you and your family x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 20:39:36 PM »
Sara, I am so sorry to welcome you to Purrs in such dreadful circumstances.  My thoughts are with you and Adam at this time.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline harlequin

• Senior Cat
Hello there
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 20:35:34 PM »
Hi there. I joined a couple of days ago and have had a nose around the forum. Everyone seems so friendly, so I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Sara. I live in Shropshire with my partner, Adam, and seven chinchillas. Up until Friday, we also had a beautiful kitty called Luna, but she was killed by a car on Friday night. The driver responsible failed to stop and Luna tried to crawl home. Adam found her about ten yards from the house just as she was taking her last breath, and she died in his arms. We feel so lost without her and my heart breaks every time I think about her. I hope I can find some comfort in this forum with people who understand since unfortunately I've had a few people (work colleagues included) who have told me to pull myself together because "it's only a cat" >:(

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone :)

Link to CatChat