Author Topic: Found - ginger cat found in central Leeds - near Park Lane College  (Read 2762 times)

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Found - ginger cat found in central Leeds - near Park Lane College
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2007, 20:10:03 PM »
Cat had been fostered out to a friend until a new home could be found as hadn't got on well with it's original owners cats, and it went missing from that house.

The finders foster home has already had him chipped and vaccinated etc and is a devoted cat owner already, cat is apparently very happy, and is being kept in until he has settled etc.

I'm happy about this as I found it a little odd that a small cat would be left to wander in what is a very busy area of Leeds, and he is better off in his new home where he will be looked after properly.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 20:15:49 PM by J (Indoorcatsuk) »
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2007, 20:01:38 PM »
very glad to hear it was the one and the same puss..why didnt the owner want him back though ??  Never mind am happy finder keepers etc etc

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2007, 19:50:45 PM »
Woo Hoo what great news am really pleased it's a happy ending and so pleased that between us we managed to help the previous owner find out where his furbabe had gone.

Thanks for the update J :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 19:38:34 PM »
It was the same cat, and everything now has a happy ending, due to circumstances the cat is actually staying with it's finder foster home, and everyone is very happy.
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere. Groucho Marx.

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 23:06:32 PM »
Had a reply from the finder who thinks it is very likely to be the same cat.

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 22:43:04 PM »
Seems such a close match. Let's hope so.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 22:25:42 PM »
Fingers crossed J.

Offline J (Indoorcatsuk)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 21:55:19 PM »
Could this match ?
I'm emailing them both incase.

Link removed

" Date:  Tuesday 20th March

Hi, this cat has been missing for around 2 weeks now he was very loved.
He is ginger and went missing from near Park Lane College in the City Centre. He has very distinctive markings and yellow eyes.
He is very small for his age, he will now be about 6 1/2 months old. He is very friendly, and also purrs alot un-like any other kittens/ cats. I have checked about for him, but believe he may have been stolen as he is a very handsome friendly loving boy.

He has not been snipped, he loves to bite although doesn't hurt and he loves playing.

Found or know anything about this cat, please can you contact me via email, we really miss him :(

Thanks in advance.
"

Edited: Hi Peeps! Pls note that all references to the ad site have been removed. Please see http://www.chaptanservices.com/purrs/index.php?topic=4722.0 as to why. Thanks!!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 22:31:40 PM by Kittybabe (Ruth) »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 10:41:37 AM »
Reply from the finder:

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your e-mail, that was most considerate of you :o)

I'd found a few of those links but certainly not all of them, I shall endeavour to get something on the others later...

At the moment he is in my lodgers room, it was she who found it wandering around her workplace car park looking very thin and dirty, he's cleaned up well, could be a year old, got quite an appetite as you'd imagine and seems to be litter tray trained, which to me suggests he's not been wild his whole life and could well be lost - but he's not been spayed and I gather they usually chip them when they get that done so I doubt he's got one...

I got two fairly peaceful older cats from a rescue centre myself only 6 weeks ago and this one seems an energetic sort, I don't think it'd be a good idea to try n mix them, I'm a little torn between doing the right thing for this one and protecting my own... if he's not claimed fairly instantly I think I need to find a rescue centre that won't put down fairly quickly...

Thanks again - those links will be most useful :o)

Best wishes

Jason

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Found - ginger cat found in central Leeds - near Park Lane College
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 00:05:13 AM »
Taken from the national pet register.  I have contacted the finder with advice.

Found - male ginger cat, slightly persian shaped head, approx one year old in a car park near to Park Lane College in Leeds city centre, is litter tray trained, was a bit dirty, thin and very hungry when found, energetic and curious. Been taken in by me for now. Can send digital pictures on request. e-mail ourhouseonourstreet@yahoo.co.uk

http://www.nationalpetregister.org/fp/310.htm

Link to CatChat