Author Topic: Anyone tried chat ?  (Read 5069 times)

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
  • Alfie, Frankie & Leigh, my boys & me
    • http://www.alfie-cat.co.uk
Re: Anyone tried chat ?
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2007, 09:51:35 AM »
Thanks Karen and Clare, thank heavens she's in hospital and not in the home, she's being cared for much better there and I feel better that she is so much safer there. I met with her Social Worker at the hospital yesterday and she's contacting me today after checking with another local Nursing Home that I recently visited and thought seemed much better that where she is with a view to getting her moved there so if this comes off then she could concievably move from hospital to the new home and I could pick up her bits and bobs and take them over on the bust to her new home.

Hi Cosmic,

Chat is real-time text chat where we type to each other.

Click on the "Chat" button located between "Links" and "Arcade" on the top menu bar. I've just started hooking up for a chat in the evenings between 7:30 and 9:00 and it's jolly good fun. You don't need to do anything except click on the button and you're in.

Have fun,

Cheers

Edit sorry that should read "bus" not "bust" LOL, Fraudian slip :) :)
Leigh

« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 10:15:07 AM by LeighK »
Alfie and Frankie's dad - "Letterbox" are Rockin' the Feline World

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2007, 09:38:14 AM »
errrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmm am i missing something what is CHAT and how can i do it

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2007, 09:21:45 AM »
Sorry to learn about your mum. I hope she is soon feeling much better.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 09:22:56 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2007, 09:19:56 AM »
Hi Leigh, sorry to hear about your mum, I'm sending all my positive vibes and best wishes to her, and big hugs to you as well :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 22:39:04 PM »
So sorry to read about your mother, Leigh. Thinking of you both.

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 20:24:15 PM »
Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your kind messages regarding my mum. I've not long been in from visiting her in hospital. They admitted her last night and she's staying overninght tonight and possibly longer. She's in a bad way, in a lot of pain, on oxygen to help her breathing , she has a quote "serious infection" and she's on a drip because her blood pressure is seriously low, she's very de-hydrated because of her not eating so all in all not too good right now. I will refrain from airing my thoughts regarding social services and care for the elderly as this is a forum where we all gather to disucss our love of all things catlike and it wouldn't be the right place but, surfice as to say, I could vent my spleen if I chose.

thanks again,

best wishes

Leigh

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 18:02:49 PM »
Best wishes to your mother Leigh  ;D

It was great to seee you in chat and I second all the comments about the elderly. Think I need to move back to England cos medical care in Wales sucks!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 14:43:54 PM »
I'm hoping and sure my gran will be ok in that respect..plus being in a small town the few old people homes/ sheltered housing etc are probably pretty good compared to some you lot have in your much bigger cities.  My granny owns her own house etc (nothing fancy just a 3 bedroomed ex council house) so im sure she'll have money to pay for it, however isnt it sad that they work all their lives and then have to use their money on their old age care when they could have cashed it in and got enjoyment out of it when they were able to  :'(

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 13:33:08 PM »
Chat is brilliant, but soooo addictive!!

Turns me into a "just ten more minutes and ill get off, promise"  ;D
That's one of the reasons I don't go in there much!  Evenings are pretty much tire out Mosi time around here and if I spent them chatting I'd pay for it during the night!  :rofl:

Hope you mum gets better soon, Leigh.  I know what you mean about getting old without money.  My mum recently went into a home (she has Parkinsons) and the battle we had to get her into the home of her choice was ridiculous.  Social services were downright obstructive and it was left to my sister to research homes, find out if any other residents where my mum's now at were funded by social services etc.  She also had one social worker removed from the case as she was totally hopeless and was trying to put my mum into a sheltered housing flat in an area where she didn't know anyone and would have to change GPs, Parkinsons nurse etc and would end up being totally housebound (and frankly unable to look after herself).  She'd had several falls and ended up in hospital but they said they had didn't put people straight from hospital into a home and that she would have to go to some sheltered scheme first.  It went to appeal in the end and social services told my sister that they would not support the idea of my mum going into this home.   They weren't even going to give the panel a letter my sister had written explaining why we, the family, wanted her to go into this home until my sister requestedd it.  In the end both my sisters went to the hearing and put our case and surprisingly we got the funding.    I really hope that when I grow old I'm not at the mercy of social services.  Frankly, its the one aspect of not having children that is slightly worrying!  Who will speak up for me if I can't speak up for myself?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 13:37:49 PM by Susanne (urbantigers) »

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 13:04:50 PM »
Adding my good wishes for your Mum's recovery too, Leigh.  It's a very worrying situation for you.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 13:02:53 PM »
best wishes for your mum leigh..sounds awful.

my gran whos not yet 70 has alziemers (aperently its still early to mid stages - god help us when it gets worse) and its heart breaking to see loved ones so vunerable and dependant.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2007, 12:50:06 PM »
Chat is brilliant, but soooo addictive!!

Turns me into a "just ten more minutes and ill get off, promise"  ;D
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2007, 12:47:49 PM »
Hi folks,

Good fun on chat last night, good fun, I really enjoyed it and thanks to all for making me so welcome.

A quick update on Mum, she was admitted last night as she was in a lot of pain. I spoke to the hospital this morning after the consultant had done his rounds and examined her and they tell me she has a "very serious infection", I hope it is not the MRSA back again that she got when she was in hospital for 9 months last year as that caused her to have 6 clean-up ops to get the infection out. She's on an intro-veinous anti-biotic and they'll keep her in tonight but probably sending her back to the Nursing Home tomorrow where they'll continue the anti-biotic treatment, worries me as the home is so incompitent and I'll be speaking to the hospital about this when I visit her later. I fear for her in hospital with the inherant risk of infection but fear for her more if she returns to the home in her current state of health, from bitter experience I wouldn't trust them to put a bandage on let alone adminster anything intro-veinously. It shocks and worries me how incompitent their staff are, the other day the water needed changing in a vase of flowers and one of the so-called "carers" asked her how to do that !!!???. I''ll post an update later when I get back from the hospital.

Getting old without money worries me, I've asked a good friend to shoot me if I end up like that rather than go through what she's gone through during the last 15 months and what lies ahead of her.

Best

Leigh
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 12:50:33 PM by LeighK »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2007, 00:04:36 AM »
Soooooooooooo pleased you all like it so much  ;D

Afraid I spend far to much time here but then again its fun  ;D

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2007, 00:01:03 AM »
It's my first day on the board and I'm in the chat now. I've never been on a board where eeeeeveryone's sooo friendly and welcoming. Thanks a million, everyone :)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 19:26:01 PM »
Yvonne i can solve your dilemma  :Luv:

I'll go to tenerife and you can stay on the beloved purrs chat  :evillaugh: :sneaky:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 19:12:43 PM »
No, Yvonne, it's great to talk to like-minded people and you mustn't wean yourself off!  People and cats are more important than housework  :rofl:

I'm trying to do several things at once but will pop along to the Basket later...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 19:07:08 PM »
Yes and I am talking to myself at the moment.   :omg:  I am addicted.

Going to Tenerife at the end of the month for a fortnight, no internet connection and so hopefully I can wean myself away from this place.  The housework has really suffered since I have been a member here!   - never mind hopefully it is just a phase I am going through   ;D
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 18:57:51 PM »
Leigh - it's a really good laugh - and the Quiz - I could hardly type for chortling! 

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 18:20:57 PM »
My goodness you are a naughty little trouiblemaker  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Will speak to youi off line!!

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 16:48:04 PM »
No quiz Morrow Chris cause it every 2 weeks  but we are tyring to convince Gilly that it would be really really good once a week (hint hint hee hee) (soory Gill  :evillaugh:)

Hey Gill i no mind if ya would like to share it, so ya do it one week then me next?? Then we could have one every week hee heee heee. Prettey sure i wouldn't be able to be as organised as you were last week but oh hey it would be funny!!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Whacha think peeps. ??

Leigh will be great to see ya in chat. It is getting pretty buzy in their at night when all the cats are asleep so us slaves can have a natter!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 16:23:05 PM »
Sounds good to me,

I'll be out visiting my mum in the nursing home but hopefully will be back in time, they rang me and she's had a fall and is under observation so I'll be back about 7:30 ish all being well and will try and get on else tomorrow evening. I can't go straight from work, got to go home first as I wasn't planning to visit this evening and have to drop off a load of frozen food shopping that I did at lunchtime before heading over to the home.

Cheers

Leigh

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 16:18:40 PM »
...and tomorrow it's quiz night, which is the best bit!  We all try to answer questions and Teresa wins.  It's fun!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 16:17:57 PM »
dont expect much sense tho leigh..LOL

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 16:14:50 PM »
Okeydokey Sam,

I'll give it a try  :)

Leigh

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 16:12:41 PM »
pop in about 7 or 8 i'sh there are always lots of people luking about then  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 16:08:44 PM »
Ah, that'll be it then :) :)

Maybe I'll mossie on down later

Cheers Lynn

Leigh
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 16:10:47 PM by LeighK »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 16:06:47 PM »
ah but try in an evening leigh and its the hive of activity.

Offline LeighK

• Super Cat
Anyone tried chat ?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 16:04:12 PM »
I just tried it and it is "too darned quiet Curruthers, the native's are up to something", cut to sound of wind blowing tumbleweed down deserted main street in Spaghetti Western town :)

Cheers

Leigh
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 16:04:57 PM by LeighK »

Link to CatChat