Author Topic: Evening all!  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Evening all!
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 09:39:34 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Helen, glad you found us and decided to join in  ;D
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 21:50:41 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs to you and your gorgeous pud.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 21:20:12 PM »
Hi Helen  :welcome: to Purrs,

I'm sure you will fit in just fine round here ... we are all completely and utterly cat mad  :evillaugh:

Your story of lovely and Sassy is a gorgeous as is Tiggy ... she definitely looks like a kitty with plenty of "tortietude" LOL.

Looking forward to getting to know you.

Regards

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 21:18:35 PM »
Hi  :welcome: to Purrs, your furbabes are gorgous :Luv2:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 08:35:26 AM »
 :morning:    :H: :E: :L: :E: :N:

:welcome:  to Purrs

Love your story - look forward to seeing you posting
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 01:33:11 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.... :)

Your furbabes are lovely!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 23:32:34 PM »
Hiya Helen and  :welcome: to Purrs  :)
Sassy's Simply Stunning  :wow: :Luv:
& tiggy too  :Luv: :Luv2: :evillaugh:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Helen+Sassy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 23:20:30 PM »
I'll never understand why black cats aren't supposed to be popular - they are all gorgeous, and Sassy more than most

:welcome: to you both

Me neither, I think people have a superstition about black cats...a bit pathetic TBH, lol! You can't see it because of the collar but she has a 'necklace' marking: a fuzzy white band around her whole neck and a 'pendant' coming off of it at the front, its quite unique...she also has a big white patch where her nipples are, LOL!!!

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 22:52:53 PM »
I'll never understand why black cats aren't supposed to be popular - they are all gorgeous, and Sassy more than most

:welcome: to you both
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 22:23:15 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  :) Glad you found us, I'm sure you'll love it here although the downside is that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :evillaugh:

Sassy & Tiggy are gorgeous  :Luv2: Good to see you followed the  :rules: of pics so soon  ;D

Offline Mollyrock

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 22:12:31 PM »
Oh what beautiful photos  ;D
I bid you all a very warm welcome.  ;D

Offline Helen+Sassy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 22:09:31 PM »
OOPS, I forgot Tiggy! Here she is!

Offline Helen+Sassy

• Adult Cat
Evening all!
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 22:06:24 PM »
Hi Everyone!

I'm Helen, I'm 24 from Apsley in Herts.

I am an absolute cat-addict and have been since birth: When I was born my parents had a 'torbie' cat called Penny who was already 7 years old, my Dad bought her as a kitten for my Mum who has always been cat-mad. When I was 11 Penny vanished at the age of 18, we believe a fox got her one night as she was old and frail and Mum heard a terrible noise outside the night she disappeared, we searched for weeks but never found any trace of her :( About 6 years ago, just after my Dad left us, me and Mum decided to get ourselves a new cat, we found Tiggy in the local paper, she was a 6 year old pretty Tortie & white who had been with a fosterer in Greenwich for a few months, she was with two of her grown-up kittens but they just didn't get along so Tiggs was up for solitary adoption. Tiggy still lives with Mum now so she must be about 12 years old, shes still very sprightly and I've never known such a 'talkative' cat, we call her blondey as shes a bit of an airhead and has a blond-ish bit on her head, lol!

my first cat of my very own is Sassy: I moved out of home in August 2007 to rent a flat with my fiance, come October I was going stir-crazy without a cat and Mum had noticed. Mum is a district nurse and was treating a terminally-illl elderly gentleman on a regular basis. He was a really nice old guy and his little black cat would perch on the arm of the chair and watch quietly while Mum re-bandaged his legs, as a cat lover she often spoke to her patient about his cat and he happened to mention that he felt unable to care for her properly anymore and was afraid that he would have to call the RSPCA soon for her to be rehomed with somebody more capable. Mum said she knew somebody who wanted a cat and asked him to hold off of calling the RSPCA for a few days. The only info I was given was that she was a black cat called Sassy, 6 years old, in good health and spayed, I hadn't even seen any pictures or met the owner but I just knew I had to have her, for my own good as well as hers. I met my Mum outside the patient's house one day and met Sassy and her owner for the first time, this was also the day I took her home: it was a 1 hour journey up the M25 alone with her in a pet carrier strapped into my passenger seat, I talked to her the whole way and she was absolutely brilliant, we got to the flat and, after a quick tour, she settled just under my chin and we lay on the sofa all afternoon (see first pic!). Ever since we have been inseperable, we've moved into our own house and have become a little family, the two of us and the cat, I love my Sassy :Luv2: There's nothing better than waking up at the weekend to find that Sassy has gotten under the duvet and snuggled down between the two of us! She sleeps on my pillow EVERY night like a little furry hat!

The first day Sassy & I met, just after I'd gotten her home:

Day 2: a bit skinny and not looking her best:

Fat & healthy in our new home...nursing a bag of Royal Canin, LOL!

an 'off-moment' PMSL!

Link to CatChat