Author Topic: Hello from Kent  (Read 2718 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Hello from Kent
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 19:04:30 PM »

Mark - We do a lot of work with our local sanctuary at Kingsdown.We are hoping that the reformation of a CP in Dover will help to ease the pressure locally.

We often get calls from that area so hopefully it will make a big difference. We have had calls. I had a message from a rather irate woman in Hythe last week demanding a phone call after trying "every conceivable number"  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 09:32:47 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Kirsti, glad you found us and decided to join in  ;D
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Helen+Sassy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2009, 23:22:31 PM »
Welcome! I'm originally from Kent...Broadstairs in fact ;D

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2009, 20:48:44 PM »
Welcome to Purrs! Can't wait for piccies... I'm in Surrey, there's quite a few of us in the SE!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 20:06:31 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Mildred.... :)

Ive sent you a private message with ref. to your pics being posted!  ;D

Offline Mildred

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2009, 19:40:54 PM »
Thankyou for your welcomes -

Bonnielass - I worked in the vets at Sondes Road for ten years - quite close to Coppin Street. We also had a few regular clients who we used to make home visits to in Coppin Street.

Blackcat - we've had many aussie locums over the years including a vet from Tasmania we called Mad Michael.!He used to bounce of the walls. Really. Other aussies all says that Tasmanians are similar in character - is this true?

Mark - We do a lot of work with our local sanctuary at Kingsdown.We are hoping that the reformation of a CP in Dover will help to ease the pressure locally.

Trigger - I can relate to that - we have two pensioners plus two cases of arthritis - their medicine/supplement cupboard is more well stocked than their humans! Luckily I get their drugs a bit cheaper through work. I always say that I only work to keep the cats in the manner to which their acustomed!

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2009, 08:45:50 AM »
Hello Kirsti  :) lovely to meet you
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Online Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2009, 08:45:08 AM »
Hello Kirsti and a warm   :welcome:  from me too

Pleased to have you on board
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2009, 08:18:52 AM »
Hi Kirsti, sounds like you will fit right in. I too used to live in Kent - Chatham to be precise. A fact I get reminded of every time i drive into town and see the sign to Chatham Street - mind you that's a long way away now - as I am back in Tasmania where i belong. Any time you fancy moving to Chatham, I know a great 3-bedroom terrace that is up for rent!! :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 08:10:34 AM »
Hi Kirsti,

There's a few of us on here from your part of  Kent. I'm in Whitstable. Julie(Pinkbear) is in Sandwich and Sharon is in Herne. (We are CP volunteers)

It is quite addictive so be warned!  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 00:27:59 AM »
Hiya Kirsti and  :welcome: to Purrs  :)
Looking Forward to seeing some Photos of you Furry Family  :sneaky:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 23:39:29 PM »
welcome Kirsti, and all your furries :welcome:

I hope you're ready to have your expertise tested by us lot - there are some on here, who shall be nameless, who have more feline medicines in their cupboards than many a veterinary surgery, such is their addiction to snapping up every passing frail feline pensioner  ;)
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 22:14:47 PM »
Hi Kirsty  :welcome: to Purrs i used to live in Deal many years ago, no 9 Coppin St right off the sea front near the pier, anyway look forward to getting to know you and your gang :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 21:01:41 PM »
Hi Kirsti and Gang  :welcome: to Purrs,

I'm sure you are going to fit in round here just fine  ;)

Looking forward to seeing pics of your furbabes.

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mildred

• Adult Cat
Hello from Kent
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 20:41:59 PM »
Hello, Im Kirsti and Im from Deal in Kent. Me and hubbie share our home with our six kids - Meg,Tibbs, Nelson,Moomer,Fred and Doris. We lost our beloved boy Kevin on Good Friday - we miss him terribly.

All of our babies are rescues - Im a Veterinary Nurse of twenty one years and I take my work home with me! Some of them Ive handreared and others have come into the surgery as injured strays. Life very much revolves around them - quite rightly too!

I have an interest in feline behaviour and am currently studying for a qualification. I have willing candidates at home who are always happy to hop up on the sofa for me to "shrink".They seem to prefer to lay on my books though rather than let me read.

Cant wait to post some photos of our family but hubby is away at the moment and he's the IT man. Hopefully by the end of the week .

Link to CatChat