Author Topic: Couple of Kitten questions!  (Read 3764 times)

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
Re: Couple of Kitten questions!
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 17:46:14 PM »
My girls (6mths) love Hills science plan kitten dry and felix wet food.......and both of them still drink loads of water.  Thankfully neither of them are as fussy as my last kit Indi who dies last 22 December 2005 (after a rta), he would only eat whisker chicken in jelly!!!  ;D  Not looking forward to his anniversary but do find it comforting to have his ashes in a carved cat on a unit......he really won't know what to make of these girls lol

People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 13:55:33 PM »
chicken stock would be ok if thats what you were meaning, ie the water/jelly after boiling or roasting a chicken without any additives.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 21:45:05 PM »
I think I did see it somewhere Susanne, will rack my brains for that one - it was an internet site though, and I remember being pleased that they did Senior food.

Re the broth - I woudn't use it cos of the salt content, and if you add water to dry food, you have to be careful as it can go off as quickly as wet food can. I would get some samples to see if he likes something else, but if he happily eats enough wet, I wouldnt be too concerned - just dont let him eat too many dog biscuits, they dont have enough nutrients.
Please spay your cat

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 20:36:42 PM »
sorry to threadjack, but has anyone seen the nutro wet in shops over here?? I buy it from zooplus and my lot like it as it's one of the few premium(ish) foods that is in chunks and not pate.? I've seen the nutro dry over here but not the wet - I'd have thought retailiers would be able to get hold of it if they can get the dry?

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 18:43:02 PM »
My lot love Nutro choice dry food.

Re: the sneezing, My youngest sneezes! I asked the vet about it the other day and he said there was nothing to worry about - cats sneeze just like we do !!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 18:22:05 PM »
my cody drank a heck of a lot of water till he was around 6 mnths and ive heard a few other peeps mention the same on cc.

i'd try a different type of dried food (altho carry on with the wet if you want)

i really liked royal canin kitten as they were very small kibbles perfect for baby mouths.

cody prefers hills altho he does sample other brands and has liked james wellbeloved and stuff.

Offline exm

• Adult Cat
  • Josie - R.I.P. "Joos" (November 9th, 2006)
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 17:50:20 PM »
Here's a picture of Sammy!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 17:40:05 PM »
A cat eating dried cat food  will and should drink plenty of water, and as long as you are getting good quality cat food it should not be a problem. If however you think Sammy is drinking abundant amounts of water then perhaps your vet is the best person to speak with you could also then mention the sneezing although it may just be an allergy to something in the home, but of course we have no idea.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 17:16:04 PM »
Nutro is a really good food, my lot find it tasty? :)? (I have issues with Eukanuba due to the animal tests they do).
I wouldnt use broth, it tends to have a high salt content.

Does he produce anything when he sneezes? He could have a slight allergy to his new home. If he gets runny eyes or anything then i would go off to the vets.

Have you any pics yet, he sounds really cute? :Luv:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 16:16:32 PM »
Nor is dog food

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 16:16:07 PM »
Dog foor is not good for cats.

Offline exm

• Adult Cat
  • Josie - R.I.P. "Joos" (November 9th, 2006)
Couple of Kitten questions!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 16:14:06 PM »
My new ragdoll kitten Sammy (12 weeks) doesn?t eat the Eukanuba kitten food that breeder was using. He does eat wet food (and he snacks on the dry dog food!). I?m considering trying Nutro Natural Choice dry food, which should be really tasty and really good. I also read to use some warm chicken broth to make the dry food more appealing. What are your thoughts?

Sneezing: Sammy sneezes a couple of times a day. It doesn?t ring my alarm bell yet, but is this something I should monitor?

Water: Sammy drinks a lot of water (at least, it seems that way). Should that alarm me?

He seems to be happy, healthy and very active overall so maybe I'm just an overconcerned daddy :)

Link to CatChat