Author Topic: Dodger handsome BW (M)2yrs, REHOMED!  (Read 2152 times)

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
Re: Dodger handsome BW (M)2yrs, REHOMED!
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2009, 13:56:03 PM »
Thats brilliant news, im sure he will soon settle and have new slaves to wait on him hand and foot :Luv:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Re: Dodger handsome BW (M)2yrs, REHOMED!
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2009, 13:35:48 PM »
Went to new home today!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
Thats fantastic news :wow: well done Dodger and you for holding out for a special home for him :hug:

• Super Cat
They loved him.. he is going on Sat... after one final vet check on Thurs.... He has been in our care since mid March so well due a nice loving home. Sorry to say but i have been holding on to a loving home after bypassing 2 other homes that had young kids. He would of been fine i think, but this family have a very quiet 19yr old and he adored him as soon as they opened the door. Promplty went and sat on his lap and nearly rolled off it when they offered him a catnip mouse..

Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Fingers crossed they have turned up. I phoned Sharon earlier about something else (free to good home ad in local paper  :tired: ) and she thought it was the people phoning as they were due 20 minutes previously  :shify:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
Fingers and paws crossed here that Dodger is on his way to his forever home  :Luv2:

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
Fingers crossed for the handsome Dodger :Luv: he looks so adorable bless him

• Super Cat
Dodger is being viewed today ... so fingers crossed that this is a fab home for him.. THe HC was fine and ideal for such a puss that has been through a lot

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
I'm not on the lookout for another cat and even if I was, I'm too far away, but I'm in love with Dodger - its his expression :Luv2:  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

• Super Cat
Dodger handsome BW (M)2yrs, REHOMED!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 11:16:12 AM »
Dodger is currently in the care of Canterbury and District Cats Protection (Kent)

This is Dodger. and he has abit of a story to tell...! Dodger was found in a ladies garden, he had taken to hiding under the sun house only coming out when he was given food, but he was very wary of everybody and it was abit of a job to catch him.  It was obvious that Dodger had a very poorly leg and no one was able to get close to him to see what the problem was.  After only a few days we managed to trap Dodge as he was far to nervous to be handled.. he went to the vets pronto to sort out his leg problems.

No one was quiter sure what was the problem was, so after alot of veterinary advise, tests and xrays later (and a very hefty vet bill). It would seem that Dodger had suffered a very bad bite wound that had infected the bone in his front leg..

He has thus been on meds for the last month to make sure that the infection is now under control. Although Dodger has to go for a final check up in early May, our vet thinks he is doing really well and very pleased with all the progress and after that visit to just double check things out he will be up for rehoming.

However, it probably will not hurt to show off Dodger"s handsome looks and see if anyone can see his kind and loving nature in his face. Dodger is a cat that would suit an older family or a family with adults only. When he first came to us he was abit nervous and hit behind the sofa in his pen, but now he has got to know us and gained in confidence. He loves his strokes and although not keen being picked up is pretty relaxed about things once he realises you are nice! He has a very healthy appetite and loves to play abit, he seems to enjoy tummy tickles and although will come to sit on your lap, he is such a fidget that he hardly ever stays still... He is not aggressive in any way and despite lots examinations at the vets, he has not biitten the vets or the nurses once, although he can get abit excited with his toy mouse. Dodger does have a habit of getting under your feet.

Due to all his test and xrays he is currently sporting a poodle look as his bad front leg has been shaved, but the fur is slowly growing back...

Dodger is a very sociable cat and would be fine with another cat of a similar age,although of course sensible introductions are needed. He does crave outside access but he would be fine if you were out a work, he just needs a cat flap which he uses well. He is also very clean with his litter tray..We would love to find Dodge a lovely rural home.

Dodger has been fully vaccinated, neutered and chipped. He was also tested for nasty cat diseases when he first came into our care. The vet suggests that Dodger is still a young cat around 2yrs of age.

We would love to see Dodger in a loving home to call his own.. Our branch veterinary bills for Dodger  are at the moment totally around £600 but its been worth every penny as he is such a loveable fella.

The fosterers (and me) have developed a soft spot for Dodge and therefore are very keen to find that "very special home" for him... Although he is not ready for rehoming until early May, if anyone wishes to see our Dodge and feel they could offer him a loving home then please get in touch. Dodger is eagerly waiting to pack his bags and join a family again.

Homechecks will be required if you are not in our catchment area...

Donations: We rely on donations to continue our work, please consider giving a donation if we assist in the rehoming of a cat, or if you adopt a cat from us.

pls check out our website www.canterbury.cats.org.uk for more information about the branch
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 13:35:19 PM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »

Link to CatChat