Author Topic: There was blood on the wall!  (Read 1219 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: There was blood on the wall!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 12:17:11 PM »
I'm guessing she drew the short straw when they found out who was coming in!! :evillaugh: Sounds like she handled it brilliantly - you should send flowers to her hospital bed  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline dabs

• Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 12:06:07 PM »
Wonder if the vet gets all that signed off in her induction handbook under the heading "How to deal with difficult clients!"
Nuneaton and Hinckley Cats in Need

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 01:54:39 AM »
Sending healing vibes~~~~~to the vets!!!  :rofl:

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2009, 23:34:35 PM »
Well sounds like you certainly got your money's worth from the vet!!!  :evillaugh:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 20:10:01 PM »
Our vets like our previous ones understand we know our mob and their little issues and understand that we want them treated like our "normal" cats as and where possible and allow us to handle and hold the cats and advise on health issues where they can't hug a feral to guess its weight - we weighed our crushers - ours are modified - Robin is a Chartered Mechanical Engineer so has played with the crushers to make vets lives easier -

I remeber taking Minmin the Raggie for her first visit she walked out on to the table and then spent the whole visit yowling like vet was killing her - she is one of the nice ones! ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 16:15:12 PM »
Oh this did make me laugh, talk about a trial by fire for the trainee vet.

I hope she doesn't end up in a white room shaking and saying "no more clan cats" over and over  :evillaugh:

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 14:31:39 PM »
Oh God I bet your vets really dread you going in, they will be wondering who's on the menu  :evillaugh:

I suppose they should know what they are getting with ferals though, and they should also know that being a vet is not just dealing with cute fluffy tame animals  :shy:

Your vets are pretty good I'd say, I dont know if my vets would even touch a feral  :scared:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
There was blood on the wall!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 13:36:37 PM »
Topday we had Clio and Lima, Peanut, Boston, Dallas and Ragamuffin at the vet - all bar Peanut are feral in differing stages from nice to nasty!

We get the new vet on her first day in the practice :shocked:

Peanut un-nerved martha the vet when I asked my little Physco to come out of the box - vet tries to inject Peanut and advises she has the skin of a rhino - she thenn manages to Booster and Program my little poppet who they ran in to box closing door behind her!

Next up brother and sister Combo Lima and Clio the 2 remaining members of team stripe - Lima gives nice lady his anals  but gets his booster and Program - Lima doesn't like women!  Clio is a good girl but has thicker skin than Peanut so cause one or two problems but gets her injections and vet asks to look at her teeth - Clio is not having this do Robin puts her back in the box!

Next up Boston and Dallas 2 feral boys both semi longhaired - Boston behaves reasonabley well but Dallas surpassed himself - Robin said his eyes got that glazed over crazy look and up the wall he went, taking the nice blinds down and just missing taking out the vets head!  At this point I am sitting in a busy waiting room listening to the noise of falling objects and Robin saying to the vet not to approach him and also saying Dallas come to daddy - waitingroom is now all looking at me and the surgery door - advise its just one of the ferals having a bit of fun with the humans!  Robin and the vet get shredded but vet gives injections

Ragamuffin is one of the 3 older ferals we took onlast year after their colony was poisoned - she did reasonabley well with her first booster and Program but was not having some strange person look at her teeeth so she lamped the vet!

Robin brings out Ragamuffin and asks me to go in and wipe blood off the wall!

Add in to this we had to get Cissys book from her trip yesterday where she had a full dental and got her booster and ID Chip - currently she is not liking us very much and is sleeping on the footstool in our bedroom!

Vet also asked about Beijing  - she was speyed and ID Chipped yesterday and the vets did a wonderful job on her and she is playing like nothing happened and doesn't need to go back - she has glue wound and internal stitches as we didbn't want the stress of the dreaded head trumpet due to her Corona carrying card!

All this lot came to £460.00 and Robin being shredded - vet says see you next year no I advise we will be back in 2 weeks with ragamuffin for her second set of injections and will be bringing her Brother Smudger who has Dallas tendancies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :evillaugh:

Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Link to CatChat