Author Topic: Please boycott KFC until they treat chickens properly  (Read 5858 times)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
Re: Please boycott KFC until they treat chickens properly
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 19:08:42 PM »
Signed.
I am not going to watch the video, as watching a program on TV, 5 years ago about the way the chickens were kept, made me become vegetarian.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 15:38:53 PM »
I totally agree that the way they treat the chickens is totally disgraceful but it is sadly no different to the majority of supermarket chicken. (I don't eat any) Unless free range on a good farm (some say free range when this is rather deviated from the truth!) chickens have a horrific life. KFC are horrid but no different to most other establishments in the chicken trade.

I'm with you, Debsymiller.  I only eat chicken if I can be certain of its provenance - which means I rarely eat chicken outside my own home.  The same applies to pork, turkey and duck.  I don't eat farmed salmon either.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 11:43:34 AM »
I totally agree that the way they treat the chickens is totally disgraceful but it is sadly no different to the majority of supermarket chicken. (I don't eat any) Unless free range on a good farm (some say free range when this is rather deviated from the truth!) chickens have a horrific life. KFC are horrid but no different to most other establishments in the chicken trade.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2009, 11:43:32 AM »
Quote from: Bazsmum link=topic=24159.msg424836#msg424836 date=1240133627

Thank heavens for that...I thought poor Dennis was suffering from pica!  :evillaugh: :hug:
[/quote

:evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 10:33:47 AM »
What is gravy and biscuits Mark, I presume they are savoury biscuits  :evillaugh:

Yes they are  :evillaugh:

Thank heavens for that...I thought poor Dennis was suffering from pica!  :evillaugh: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 09:27:00 AM »

What is gravy and biscuits Mark, I presume they are savoury biscuits  :evillaugh:

Yes they are  :evillaugh: - I think it is a southern thing. They are crumbly biscuits - a bit like Scottish shortbread but savoury and made with buttermilk.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 20:35:40 PM »
KFC is one of my favourite foods but after watching that horrific video i will certainly not be eating it again, ive signed the petition and also sent the link to various people
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 19:57:40 PM »
Signed!  >:(

Cant watch the vid....dont eat KFC....the nicest thing is the gravy!  :shocked:

OH said he used to love the gravy & biscuts in America. We passed a new one in Canterbury the other day but OH knew I wouldn't stop. They are also opening one here but I can live without it and so can OH - it s on the motorway and I am the driver  :evillaugh:

Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 17:55:14 PM »
I can honestly say that I have never eaten, nor wanted to eat, anything from KFC or any of the me-toos in my life.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 17:49:41 PM »

OH said he used to love the gravy & biscuts in America. We passed a new one in Canterbury the other day but OH knew I wouldn't stop. They are also opening one here but I can live without it and so can OH - it s on the motorway and I am the driver  :evillaugh:

Offline Tiggerman

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2009, 17:27:22 PM »
Signed.  8)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 13:51:31 PM »

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 10:13:47 AM »
Done  :( I can't watch video though
never buy KFC under principle
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 10:28:56 AM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 09:55:47 AM »
I saw this some time ago they even used the footage on a chicken plant (not mentioning kfc) on an episode of CSI Vegas, so they are already on my **** list, so to speak
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Please boycott KFC until they treat chickens properly
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 09:52:20 AM »
http://action.peta.org.uk/ea-campaign/clientcampaign.do?ea.client.id=5&ea.campaign.id=1803
There is a link to a video that I haven't watched as I don't want to see what I already know  :(

The scary thing is, they are opening 300 new branches in the UK. I love KFC but won't eat it.

Link to CatChat