Author Topic: Kitten questions.....SHE'S BEEN CHOSEN!!!!!!!  (Read 1999 times)

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
Re: Kitten questions.....
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2009, 12:34:41 PM »
Oh her middle name could be mischief, look at that cheeky little face, and she has a little beautyspot!  :Luv2:

When mine were young I was advised to squeal as if I were in pain when they were biting/bunnykicking me, it always stopped them short and they never playfight in that way with me.  They do knead alot though so I tried getting them used to having their claws clipped from a young age

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 10:30:52 AM »
 :Luv: :Luv2: she is luverrly!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2009, 10:18:18 AM »
Am sure she wont be waiting a couple of months for a home Jen, she is adorable.
Please spay your cat

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2009, 10:13:31 AM »
At this point I could definately give her to a good home, but we've all decided that if a home doesn't come up within a couple of months we'll keep her!!!!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 23:04:00 PM »
 :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

misa is 7 but suckles on anything to hand  ;D

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 21:23:46 PM »
Oh she's soooo gorgeous :Luv2: i love her little beauty spot :Luv2: I think i must've missed her story, poor girl :( at least things are looking up for her now. :Luv:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 21:20:22 PM »
She is one little cutie - are you sure you are only fostering? :naughty: :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 19:43:09 PM »
What a litte cutie  :Luv2:

I second the blowing in the face when she's playing fighty bitey, it stops them in their tracks, doesn't reward them (like squealing or pulling away would) and she also won't think you're nasty as she won't associate the blowing with you but with when she bites.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 19:29:37 PM »
Aww she is so cute, i agree with PB tho, she has the look  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 19:22:10 PM »
Oh... trouble! Trouble! Big trouble...!  :scared: :evillaugh:

Good luck!  :naughty:

She's adorable by the way... :briggin:  but TROUBLE!  :rofl:

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 19:16:39 PM »

Enjoy!
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 18:59:32 PM »
...being an only kitten who I suspect has been taken away from her mum and siblings too young, she's very bitey with me. She's definately not wanting to hurt me and is playing, but it really hurts as she's not learnt from siblings that it hurts. Is there anything I can do to stop her or teach her it hurts?

Blow at her face and this should stop her, dont wiggle around or squeal as this is rewarding the naughty habit  :evillaugh:

Also having been taken away from mum, she suckles on blankets and wool for comfort - should I stop her doing this?

Lots of cats do this and continue into adult hood, its a comfort thing. I would just make sure its not a fibre that sheds alot and let her enjoy herself  :Luv:

She was de-fleaed and de-wormed at the vets last week but don't kittens need more regular de-worming than adults?

Depends on what she was treated with? They need more regular worming, i do 2 weeks upto 12 weeks then 4 weekly til 6 months of age. I start with Panacur but it never shifts anything, once they are bigger a quarter of a drontal knocks out the wormies  :sick: If your given stronghold you can only treat monthly so i would see what your vet stocks and go from there!

Now i think its time for pics  :evillaugh:

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
Kitten questions.....SHE'S BEEN CHOSEN!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 18:38:34 PM »
... Ok so Scarlett the kitten is settling in well to our home (fostering!) and is running around like a loony!

She has deformed back legs with no toes on them, but this doesn't seem to bother her too much and has had half her tail amputated due to a dog attack! This doesn't seem to stop her though and in her 12 weeks she's certainly lived some life. Just a couple of questions though as i've never looked after kittens before....

...being an only kitten who I suspect has been taken away from her mum and siblings too young, she's very bitey with me. She's definately not wanting to hurt me and is playing, but it really hurts as she's not learnt from siblings that it hurts. Is there anything I can do to stop her or teach her it hurts?

Also having been taken away from mum, she suckles on blankets and wool for comfort - should I stop her doing this?

She was de-fleaed and de-wormed at the vets last week but don't kittens need more regular de-worming than adults?

Soz!

UPDATE: WELL WE DID A HV FOR SCARLETT TODAY AND SHE'S BEEN CHOSEN! IT'S A REALLY BUSY HOME WITH 2 OLDER KIDS, OTHER INDOOR CATS AND A DOG (WE THINK THAT THE DOG ATTACK IS MORE A REFLECTION ON THE DOG RATHER THAN THE RELATIONSHIP SHE MAY HAVE WITH DOGS). ALTHOUGH IT'S A BUSY HOME, SHE'S SO CONFIDENT THAT SHE'LL BE FINE. IT SOUNDS SILLY, BUT IT WAS THE KIND OF HOME THAT YOU JUST KNEW WAS FILLED WITH LOVE AND CARE AND THEY JUST LOVED HER WHEN THEY CAM TO SEE HER. I CAN SEE THAT THE LITTLE GILR (AGED 11) AND SCARLETT WILL BE FIRM FRIENDS AND I'M SO PLEASED FOR SCARLETT! IT WILL BE SO HARD TO SAY GOODBYE, BUT I KNOW IT'S FOR THE BEST AND AM GLAD I GOT TO SEE WHERE SHE'LL GROW UP!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 16:05:23 PM by adelcatsprotection »

Link to CatChat