Author Topic: Cats and their memory  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
Re: Cats and their memory
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2009, 18:34:53 PM »
True story - my first ever cat, Pixie, used to adore my Grandmother.  And it was mutual  :Luv2:

When I was married, of course Pixie moved with me.  My Grandmother had lived across the road from Pixie and me before, and it was a way for her to travel to see me now.....

The first time she managed it, she hadnt seen pixie for about 6 months or so.  Pixie almost leapt into her arms.  Big purrs and head buts and licks.

Now, if that little cat felt like that about my Nanna, how do you think yor cats feel about you?

Of COURSE they will remember you  :hug:
People Power Works!!!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2009, 18:27:31 PM »
They will definitely remember you, Lottie  :hug:  Might be a bit put out at the new addition though!  ;D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2009, 08:22:12 AM »
Lottie I'm sure the team will remember their Mum, but bribery is always a good option. :hug:

Don't be dispappointed though if they are more interested in your new non fur baby than you!!!!! ;D
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2009, 07:30:27 AM »
My mom kept my two cats for me when I moved to England, they saw me once a year and always remembered me.

So your lot will be very happy indeed to see you again.

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 23:46:28 PM »
aah, sweets  :hug:

they'll remember you and be very happy to see you - no matter how hard they try to pretend they're not  :innocent:

i only lived with jasper about 2 months before i went away first time and he remembered me   :hug:

course they'll be somewhat confused by the noisy little bundle you'll bring home too, but things will be all 'normal' soon  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 23:13:15 PM »
theywill remember you, no worries  :hug:

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 23:06:32 PM »
There's no chance they won't remember you Lottie, you're Mum to them!

I left my darling cat with my parents when I moved away from London as she was 17 and I didn't want to stress her out.  Whenever I came home she'd appear miaowing and so happy to see me  :Luv2: Once the initial 'She's Home!' excitement wore off she'd sulk for half an hour or so  :evillaugh: but I always ended the evening with her cuddled in my arms.

Oh Lord She's been dead almost two years now but I miss her so much  :'(
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 23:07:15 PM by Zenith »

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 22:59:25 PM »
Thanks everyone, I'm sure the hormones make everything seem much worse than it is.

I can't wait to get back home to have them all driving me absolutely potty again (remind me I said this in a few months!) :evillaugh: Think the bump is missing Boopy too as he hasn't been as active since I've been down here and he doesn't respond the same to Mum's cats as he does to my girls bless him.

I'm thinking many new toys and some strong catnip may be required for when I get back by way of an apology to them for being absent without permission.
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 22:43:32 PM »
Not a chance that they will have forgotten you Lottie but be prepared for a bit of a snub for a few minutes perhaps whilst they wait for you to explain your absence to their satisfaction  :)

My neigbour's cat Butu was initially intended to live with us but Gandolf had other ideas so he went to live with neighbour. For the short time (a day or so) he spent with us I lay on the bed with him just chilling out and trying to settle him in. He has never forgotten and always comes running to me.  I can go months over the winter and not see him but he always reacts with enthusiasm when I next see him. He doesn't even live here.  No chance that yours will have forgotten you Lottie  :hug:  Hope you are OK  :hug:

Offline soudicca

• Adult Cat
  • Jake's mum
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 22:24:04 PM »
Many years ago I catsat for a friend when she went on holiday, during a thunderstorm I went round and sat with the cat on my lap - well she didn't like the thunder!  Anyway Millie (a beautiful petite siamese) never forgot and regularly once every week or so, took a walk round to see me, something she had never done previously despite us only living two doors away.
Black cats rule
RIP Suki, Cleo, Jade & Sam

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 22:19:44 PM »
awww I'm sure they won't  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 21:33:38 PM »
I once rescued my aunts cat from behind a sofa and when I visit once a year I get a purring lump land in my arms...

you will be more than remembered  :hug: :hug:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Re: Cats and their memories
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 21:27:38 PM »
They wont forget you hunnie trust me.

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
Cats and their memory
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 21:26:26 PM »
Having a bit of a weepy night (well floods of tears might be a bit more accurate) tonight and I'm missing the Team tons so can someone please reassure me that the cats aren't going to have forgotten who I am by the time I get back up there (potentially 3 months after I last saw them). I'm getting myself in all of a state that I'm going to get home and they are all going to look at me like they've never seen me before in their lives and I couldn't bear that especially from my beloved Boopy :'( :'(
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 21:27:51 PM by Lottie in Dorset! »
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Link to CatChat