Author Topic: Jasper was a right little monkey last night! OH had to climb a tree at 11pm!  (Read 1379 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Glad you managed to get him down okay..... :)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Was it a monkey tree?  :rofl: :rofl: :naughty: :Luv2:

Glad he is ok.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
Well I shut the flap so that the cats could come in but not get out, as always around 8 once it was starting to get dark. Jasper must have put his claw under and got out again somehow because although he'd been in from 8, when we went to go to bed at around 10.30 last night, he wasn't anywhere to be found. OH and and I went serarching, both a little paniccy and our cats are always in when they should be, and if they're not we can at least hear them being awkward about it! Of course, the last time one wasn't in, he didn't come home so we both had our hearts in our mouths. I know cats do this all the time but after what happened with Rufus, we were both very emotional.
So we searched... and searched... no sign. We were startuing to get rather aggitated but as I'd heard a funny noise in the bushes a couple of gardens over I suggested that OH go and check there before we overreact too much.

Well he was gone ages so I feared the worse but then he came in with a very unimpresed look on his face and said 2 "well, he's not injured, or run away or anything else worried about... he's stuck up a tree!"

He is always climbing trees and is very skilled at it but obviously picked the wrong tree last night! (He pulled over my neighbour's very expensive palm tree the other day by swinging on the top!  :rofl:) He'd obviously slipped down quite a bit and got himself entangled in lots of little twigs and had his back feet hanging out of the tree and was wailing his head off! I usually would have let him get himself down apart from the fact that it was pitch black and he had chosen a tree which hangs over the very steep bank that's at the end of and behind the gardens. (The cats can climb it but too steep for people so we have stairs!) So, OH and I had to sidestep along the thin ledge, trying not to fall (much more scary in the dark!) 
We both managed to get him to wriggle down with lots of coaxing and then when he was firmly entangled in the twigs, OH climbed a little way up and pulled him down.

Cheeky monkey!!!

Link to CatChat