Author Topic: feeling a lil sad about some cats....  (Read 4476 times)

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: feeling a lil sad about some cats....
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2009, 19:01:35 PM »
We feed Whiskas and felix cans and pouches, Applaws is for the older ladies as a treat - they are 17, 15 and 13 - Sweetie at 17 always gets what she wants - she is the surviving founder of the Clan Cats, Cissy is a feral aged 15 lived outside on a farm till trapped last year and nowl oves all her home comforts and has gone deaf, and Floddy is 13 and toothless!

We feed everything from Royal Canin to Go cat and beleive me all ours are hale and hearty 0 they also all visit the vet twice a year for Boosters and Program injections all bar 2 are ID Chipped to - Ace and Blue are both house cats but nasty ferals under taming!

Ours are lucky cause we care but some folks won't be like us on here its just not in their nature - They are also a very expensive luxury as are our 3 dogs but we eat beans on toast so they have the best! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2009, 18:13:05 PM »
Can I just say that I'm getting rather upset by these views on food. Yes I can see there are other issues, but is someone feeding go-cat completely wrong and bad. You cannot possibly assume the kittens died because the mum was being fed go-cat therefore lacked nutrition.

My old cat lived to be 19 years old and she was fed purely on Whiskas with a bit of go cat dry so there's nothing wrong with go cat.

My point was that there are different foods with different meat contents  and as I buy the huge bags of food I can afford to share it with my parents cats.  Over Christmas Ted's dandruff improved alot and I feel at least part of that was the kitten food I was feeding him

Byron is 25 and for the past 2 and half years has eaten mainly Whiskers and never ails, touch wood.  The ferals don't eat expensive foods really just what Byron has and they are all very healthy too.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2009, 18:08:33 PM »
I dont really care for subtle when people are mistreating cats!
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2009, 17:10:56 PM »
Robbo, I think a lot of us know cats in our neighbourhoods who aren't cared for as best we would like.  ;)

Here's what you can do to directly improve their lives immediately...

Slip them a good qaulity wormer and frontline them. From what you say the owner will never know. That way they won't be sharing what ever nutrition they do get with parasites.  :sneaky:

In the longer term, neutering is a good idea and perhaps this owner will go for the offer of CP vouchers?  :shy:

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2009, 16:50:17 PM »
Can I just say that I'm getting rather upset by these views on food. Yes I can see there are other issues, but is someone feeding go-cat completely wrong and bad. You cannot possibly assume the kittens died because the mum was being fed go-cat therefore lacked nutrition.

My old cat lived to be 19 years old and she was fed purely on Whiskas with a bit of go cat dry so there's nothing wrong with go cat.

My point was that there are different foods with different meat contents  and as I buy the huge bags of food I can afford to share it with my parents cats.  Over Christmas Ted's dandruff improved alot and I feel at least part of that was the kitten food I was feeding him

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2009, 15:37:17 PM »
Hi Robbo

I know what you mean about things not getting through.  My neighbours (who have finally moved out, hurrah), let their little girl have 3 litters of kittens before they had her speyed, let them out all night etc, but there's only so many gentle hints you can drop.

If you genuinly feel that they are being neglected, then I would speak to either the RSPCA or Cats Protection, they may be able to give some advice, or even some leaflets which you could subtly put through the door for your girlfriend to see one day  ;)

If their owner genuinly does not give a damn about their welfare, they really would be better off out of there  :hug:

I can see this thread has got a little 'heated' with the food discussion  ;)

To be honest, my boy was fine for years on Whiskas, and probably still would be now if he didn't have to have a prescription diet for his kidneys.

Yes I'm sure some foods are better than others nutritionally, but that is not the be all and end all.

As long as the food comes regularly, vet needs are taken care of, and puss gets all the love and attention s/he deserves, then that's all good  :)

I'll stop preaching now  :evillaugh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2009, 15:15:15 PM »
You know the situation best. Hopefully, you will be able to get through to them. Apart from the condition of these cats/kitten it is obviously important to try to get her to have them neutered to prevent even more cats that she cant'wont care for properly. I don't know what area you are in but most Cats Protection and some RSPCA branches have free or cheap neutering schemes. Perhaps you could look into this and (diplomatically) ask her if she is aware of this and, perhaps, you will arrange it . It is, after all, in her interests as well that there aren't any more cats running around her house.

Offline Robbo

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2009, 15:02:01 PM »
Robbo, you obviously care about these cats, and thank goodness somebody does. It sounds like your girlfriend's mum isn't likely to respond to any advice. Personally, I would call the RSPCA. If you don't who will? I can understand it is a difficult situation and you don't want to upset anyone but the alternative is that animals will continue to suffer.

I feel it I do RSPCA route it could make her home life more complicated than it is,

Decided to try slowly educate my gf and see if she sees sense etc.... I've given them some whiskers I didn't use before and I have a bag of hill I might give her, might help I don't know

Offline moira

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Oscar, Frankie, Timmy, Sophie, Dudley, Kofi, Maurice, Max, Barney, Sammy, Flynn, Molly, Nulla, Winnie, Patch, Sooty
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2009, 14:56:28 PM »
Robbo, you obviously care about these cats, and thank goodness somebody does. It sounds like your girlfriend's mum isn't likely to respond to any advice. Personally, I would call the RSPCA. If you don't who will? I can understand it is a difficult situation and you don't want to upset anyone but the alternative is that animals will continue to suffer.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 14:46:21 PM »

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2009, 12:32:34 PM »
I think you really need to call the RSPCA, its a clear case of neglect  :shy:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2009, 12:31:31 PM »
Den don't get too upset chuck - you know what it's like on here - some go for vitamins and stuff and I never have.

First cat, Tibby was 26 when she died and she only ate pilchards in tomato sauce.  Plenty of LOVE and CARE.

My Smudge was 14 when he went missing last year and if he had not been in a RTA he would still be alive now and he was Go Cat biscuits every day of his life and whichever cat food he liked at the time but mostly tins of tuna. Plenty of LOVE and CARE.

Bonnie, who I have had for over a year but was 10 when I got her - has Go Cat biscuits and Gourmet cat food plus odd pouches of Felix, Whiskers, Tesco own make etc. Plenty of LOVE and CARE.

I have never read the ingredients in my life and I have had 3 very happy cats in my life.

Everyone is different and so are our cats.

Mary   :hug:

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 12:37:39 PM by maryas »
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Robbo

• Adult Cat
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2009, 12:27:49 PM »
well i feel like ive opened a can of whoop ass worms now.....

first off about this topic....no matter of talking will get throught....she is a total doyle who is leaching off people tax and has no drive what so ever to do anything except drink.....im not calling people who are on benefits at all, as i know some people need it and have reasons why etc as i may be in that position one day as are some of my friends.  but in this case she is just a waste of society and a person....yes it is that bad.

food wise, i only suggested could it be go-cat that might have had lack of nutrition that caused the deaths of the kittens, although it could have been a lot of thigns in this case, i.e not feeding everyday, wrong foods like chips and cheese.

im i not suggestiong people are using wrong foods or cant afford the 'best', i buy the foods i buy as from research i done they are the foods i found that i would be happy feeding with, as i mentioned i am a freak and until i am 100% happy it will bug me.  like people say on here that their cats or cats they know have lived up to 18 years odd on various foods.

cats survive in the wild on eating what they find, mice, birds etc....they dont have a constant complete meal placed down for them every day...they survive just fine.....thats what they did before we had them as pets.  So most of this confusin (including with me over worrying) has probably come down to what we as humans think a cat needs and doesnt need.

i havent meant to upset anyone or aimed it directly at what food is 'supposidly' best or worst.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2009, 12:12:12 PM »

I bet there are plenty of people on purrs who feed go-cat (and no I don't), who are probably feeling like they've done something awful after reading this thread. Some people don't have cars to get to PAH, or even have a PAH near them. Some people don't like buying foods online therefore they get the food with their shopping. As we know supermarkets usually carry certain brands.

Just because some cats don't get 75% + meat contents does not mean they are not healthy. No food is the best, it all depends on the individual cat. Some can do brilliantly on the cheapest food possible, others might not. Likewise some will do brilliant on the most expensive food and others won't.

On a slightly side note, I've been away for a couple of days I come back and read that indoor cats don't get the same stimulation as outdoors and food that isn't really high meat content with no grain = a less healthy cat. Wow, do I feel like a crummy owner now.

I can see how in this case there are other issues with this person such as lack of neutering. But it is upsetting that after reading purrs this morning it can be read that my cat isn't get the best  :'(

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2009, 12:01:17 PM »
I honestly think, a little education could go a long way in this case. By the sounds of it she won't be ameanable to you giving advice although it's worth a try. Perhaps, you could turn it around as you have just got Sophie and ask 'what do you think is the best flea treatment?' etc as then it may prompt her to de'flea the cats. Also, you could advise her the Cats Protection will neuter her cats for free... I think RSPCA will also offer help.

If all else fails, then I think your only option is to make an anonymous call to the RSPCA... just leave it a while after asking questions or she may put 2 and 2 together! Good luck

Offline Robbo

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2009, 11:54:09 AM »
The thing is, we always get into HUGE debates about food and there are lots fo different opinions out there. The fact is there are lots of very experienced people on here (and in the wider world) who have very healthy cats who don't feed their cats food with a meat content of 80%. There is a bigger picture. I personally do like my cats to have a good diet and probably spend around £125 to feed, bed, litter all of my pets but if I had to buy cheaper foods, I could still have healthy pets.

By the sounds of it, the problem with your gf's mum's cats is more to do with them being fed unsitable foods than low quality cat food and because they are unneutered which I find far more worrying than the go-cat issue. I'm not sure if they all are but the one who's having kittens definately is unneutered.

You can't judge someone just on the food they feed, my parents have always doted on their cats, who have the nicest of lives. None of them have ever been ill (only visits to the vets were for health checks, vaccs etc) and all lived to 18/19 apart from poor Ozzy who was killed by a car. :( All of these cats ahve always been fed on a mixture of Felix, Whiskers, and purina one... all of which have a relatively low meat content but have kept M&D's cats going just fine.

The nits you speak of are likely to be fleas... again this is worrying and the death of the kittens, along with the scabby fur could be down to a lot more than the food. I agree that there's a whole lot of issues and the cats are obviously being neglected but it's down to much more than food. If you are worried then call the RSPCA anonymously and they will pay ehr a visit and give her some education along with a likely warning if she doesn't take their advice.

i agree with the food, im just a paranoid freak and if i dont find something im totally happy with its always on my mind lol i wasnt getting at the fact it has 80%....just the fact it was chicken meat, so i know exactly how much of what is in the foods, while i see 'meal' could vary in how much of everything could be in. i just like to know exactly, mainly to settle my own mind lol

well they are unnutered, never been to vets for injections or health visit and i cant see them ever going if somthing was wrong tbh. not sure if they get fed every day or not even.
shes just a 'not bothered' kind of person...drink..drink and drink.

dont get me wrong im not insulting anyone who cant afford 'the best' if there is such a thing for food as i know everyones situation is very different, but people who own animals should care for the to the best that their circumstance can allow...and in this case, its not.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 11:56:15 AM by Robbo »

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2009, 11:41:17 AM »
The thing is, we always get into HUGE debates about food and there are lots fo different opinions out there. The fact is there are lots of very experienced people on here (and in the wider world) who have very healthy cats who don't feed their cats food with a meat content of 80%. There is a bigger picture. I personally do like my cats to have a good diet and probably spend around £125 to feed, bed, litter all of my pets but if I had to buy cheaper foods, I could still have healthy pets.

By the sounds of it, the problem with your gf's mum's cats is more to do with them being fed unsitable foods than low quality cat food and because they are unneutered which I find far more worrying than the go-cat issue. I'm not sure if they all are but the one who's having kittens definately is unneutered.

You can't judge someone just on the food they feed, my parents have always doted on their cats, who have the nicest of lives. None of them have ever been ill (only visits to the vets were for health checks, vaccs etc) and all lived to 18/19 apart from poor Ozzy who was killed by a car. :( All of these cats ahve always been fed on a mixture of Felix, Whiskers, and purina one... all of which have a relatively low meat content but have kept M&D's cats going just fine.

The nits you speak of are likely to be fleas... again this is worrying and the death of the kittens, along with the scabby fur could be down to a lot more than the food. I agree that there's a whole lot of issues and the cats are obviously being neglected but it's down to much more than food. If you are worried then call the RSPCA anonymously and they will pay ehr a visit and give her some education along with a likely warning if she doesn't take their advice.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2009, 11:38:45 AM »
Oh dear, sounds like there are so many more issues than just the cats - maybe you could find good homes for them or the RSPCA need to be notified.

Good luck.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Robbo

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2009, 11:22:41 AM »
they stay indoors so no ne else would know really... except one cat, who has been pregnant twice, and about 5 kittens died, im assuming due to lack of nutrition in the milk from lack of it in her food...?

you really dont know her, you cant talk to her, to put it short its a waste of a human body. and im not a nasty person, she drinks every day, has stolen money from my gf to get booze and says to pay it back and never does, sold her younger daughters dvd player and dvds to get money for booze. you getting me now? has a chip on her shoulder always on the defence on anything you say, can have a massive argument over a grain of rice if she wanted.

it does my head in tho....she just sits and does that everyday and has no self respect or drive or anything....

and heres me at 23 running a car, just moved into my own house managing to get a mortgage on my own, full time job doing 12 hour shifts, supporting myself running the house with food and furnature, and i can still find it to spare money for vets and some of the best foods......she does nothing and moans....kind like well its ok for you you have money.... I FKN WORK FOR IT!!!! grrrrrrrrr living of my damn tax wasting it! the money she gets in benefits is my £580 tax a month so im basically paying and working for her to live.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 11:27:40 AM by Robbo »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 11:14:14 AM »
Not very nice knowing they are not as healthy as they could be.

Maybe you could have a diplomatic conversation with her or your girlfriend.  Mention that there are always good offers on cat food at supermarkets and buy which ever is on offer for therm.  The offers sometimes work out cheaper than the cheap food on the shelves.

You could maybe talk to her and share advice with each other and make out you are asking her for suggestions with your cat and then turn the conversation on to her cats. You could say things that you've heard on here and make a fun time out of it.

If all else fails tell her straight that if she doesn't have tht time or energy/love to give to them then there is always someone out there looking for cats to love and she should take them to a cat rescue.

Good luck.

Mary

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 11:13:14 AM »
Not really, it could of come from a conserned on looker, Im very nosey when it comes to cats  :evillaugh:

God help you girlfriend for having to grow up with that!!!!

Does she let them roam the streets, are they neutered?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 11:13:52 AM by ccmacey »

Offline Robbo

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 11:11:20 AM »
Am I missing the point here? The first post is suggesting that these cats are being mistreated, and people are posting about food  :-: I know not feeding them propperly is mistreating them also.

Seriously if its as bad as you say and she would rather have drink over feeding the cats, I would call the RSPCA sounds like they would be better off out of there  :shy:

Which part of the country are you/ her in Robbo?

well thats the think....if i reported they would know it was me because no one else goes in there lol my gf has enough problems with her mam without me causing more chew for her.......tricky situation.

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 11:03:47 AM »
Am I missing the point here? The first post is suggesting that these cats are being mistreated, and people are posting about food  :-: I know not feeding them propperly is mistreating them also.

Seriously if its as bad as you say and she would rather have drink over feeding the cats, I would call the RSPCA sounds like they would be better off out of there  :shy:

Which part of the country are you/ her in Robbo?

Offline Robbo

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 10:51:42 AM »
applaws dry is 80% chicken meat tho...much higher than every other dry out there.

ive never heard anything good about meat meals or chicken meal etc ....

from a glossery

Definition: Chicken Meal: chicken which has been ground or otherwise reduced in particle size.
Examples: Chicken meal is often used in dry cat food. The quality of the protein will depend on the type and amount of chicken meat in the mixture, as well as the amount of bone and connective tissue processed with the meat. Although better than chicken by-product meal, chicken meal is generally a lesser quality of protein source than chicken meat.

so i see it as because its 'meal' you dont know how much of that is actual meat, while in my applaws i know 80% of what is in there is actual chicken meat.

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 10:41:58 AM »
Arden Grange is a very good food, in my opinion. Meat meal aka Chicken Meal in AG is a good thing.

"Contrary to what many people believe, meat sources in "meal" form (as long as they are from a specified type of animal, such as chicken meal, lamb meal, salmon meal etc.) are not inferior to whole, fresh meats. Meals consist of meat and skin, with or without the bones, but exclusive of feathers/hair, heads, feet, horns, entrails etc. and have the proper calcium/phosphorus ratio required for a balanced diet. They have had most of the moisture removed, but meats in their original, "wet" form still contain up to 75% water. Once the food reaches its final moisture content of about 9-12%, the meat will have shrunk to sometimes as little as 1/4 of the original amount, while the already dehydrated meal form remains the same and you get more concentrated protein per pound of finished product. This means that in the worst case you are left with only 4 ounces of actual meat content per pound of fresh meat included in a dry kibble, many of which contain less than one pound of meat per 2-3 pounds of grain to begin with. Preferably a food contains quality meat meal as well as some fresh meat."

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Robbo

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2009, 10:24:28 AM »
Robbo, have you looked on this site for cheaper food? http://www.berriewoodwholesale.co.uk/cgi-bin/sitewise.pl?act=sect&s=159&id=berrie they sell arden grange and other very good brands, and AFAIK are the cheapest online. ;)

I didn't think i could afford two, but realised once i'd spent a ridiculous amount on toys and huge bags of food etc. for the first, that one more wouldn't make too much difference. :naughty: :evillaugh:

nope only one they sell i use is natures menu...which i have to but over £100 worth to save 60 odd pence every 12 lol then plus delivery doesnt work out much dif lol

wasnt fussed on arden grange as its meat meal and quite alot of grain and maize

thanks tho
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 10:29:21 AM by Robbo »

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2009, 10:04:26 AM »
When we use to get the massive RC urinary bags because of Sylvester we use to keep it in an airtight tube and the freshness and smell use to keep just fine.

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 10:00:06 AM »
I just looked at how much I can save by buying a 10kg bag of RC... 3kilo = £19 and lasts 5-7 weeks between the boys 10kilo = £42 from my vet (cheaper than online :Crazy: ) and I think am gonna have to freeze half to keep it fresh! ... do you think just keeping in an airtight tub would work?

Offline Beth

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 09:48:24 AM »
Robbo, have you looked on this site for cheaper food? http://www.berriewoodwholesale.co.uk/cgi-bin/sitewise.pl?act=sect&s=159&id=berrie they sell arden grange and other very good brands, and AFAIK are the cheapest online. ;)

I didn't think i could afford two, but realised once i'd spent a ridiculous amount on toys and huge bags of food etc. for the first, that one more wouldn't make too much difference. :naughty: :evillaugh:

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 09:22:38 AM »
We go through 3kgs of biscuits - RC, Prurina, Hills, CSJ and most other varieties and 9 tins a day and 48 sachets should we feel lazy and they get this treat every week.

We do feed 43 of our cats and about 10ish ferals outside

Ours are all hale and hearty and cpuld be used in taste tests as if they get a bee in their bonnet we can't get them to eat the same flavour more than once a month - we feed 30 varieties of wet! :shocked:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 00:38:54 AM »
I think i should sit and work out what my lot cost .
10kg bag of RC lasts about 7-8 weeks , Winston has felix sachets and goes through 4-5 a day as he only eats about half the sachet , but wont eat the other half of the same flavour - he also has a piece of cod loin on saturdays, - about £2  a piece. When he gets fed up of that every saturday , he has a small bowl of prawns - but only m+s ones !!!
Bungly, Smartie , Sophie all eat  Whiskers supermeat in the tin , but i have to scrape off all jelly from sides , top and bottom -the rest goes outside for other cats/hedgehogs . Thats 2 tins per day .
FiFi will only eat a bit of ham , or the odd Sheba deluxe tin of chicken only.
Sophie and Bungly also want half my tea depending what the meat is !!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 00:40:14 AM by bunglycat »

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 23:40:22 PM »
I buy the 10kg bags of RC dry food, they aren't too expensive if broken down into cost per day.

I also buy wet foods when they are on offer so have a cuboard full of discounted wet food.

Mum feeds her two Felix wet but what I do to stop her buying go cat dry is bring a couple of pounds of my dry food for Ted and Blue :)

Offline Robbo

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 23:09:31 PM »
im feed applaws dry and a mix of 3 wets, 60, 70 and 75% meats.....would hate to work it out if i was feeding all wet! lol

i honestly know no matter what i say it wont change thats the thing......i cant describe too much on here about her mam as its a public forum.....but im sure you can imagine what im hinting at...

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 23:04:26 PM »
*hugs* I know how that feels, my Aunt was very much like that in the past

just worked out my two cost £10 a week between them on food... but then again they are also on Royal Canin dry and 50%+ meat wet food... and the guide says it should be around £6 per cat per week? weird...

I hope you can steer your GF's mum into taking better care of her puds over time... or find a good home for the kitten

Offline Robbo

• Adult Cat
feeling a lil sad about some cats....
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 22:40:40 PM »
well i will try to keep it short....

my girlfriend (well her mother) has 4 cats (and now a kitten)...and as i have recently only got my own cat never new much about them, but since ive dont a lot of research into health and foods and so on n so on....i ve started to look at them a bit more closely.

i feel quite sad that i dont think they are getting what they need in food and health wise, one cat furr felt quite dry along with its skin, and i didnt want to look at the others without looking like i was nosing , but i have noticed some nits or somthing on one before.

food wise i think they get go cat....not sure if its everyday, one time i noticed chips and cheese down for them, i know they dont get fed how they should.

its not my girlfriend fault as she doesnt know much about them either as they are her mams she just strokes them lol

but i see it pointless mentioning to her purely because.....:censored:, well i know nothing would change, kinda no job not bothered ill just drink kinda way .... i think u know what i mean...

she can bearly look after her self and money wise...well you can see where it goes.

she has one kitten she is getting rid of when its old enough, ive been tempted but i cant afford it food wise as Sophie costs me £25 a month as it is lol

just wanted to get it off my chest as i cant really say anything to my gf as i dont want to upset her
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 22:50:50 PM by Robbo »

Link to CatChat