Author Topic: Da Bird is Da Best  (Read 2386 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Da Bird is Da Best
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2009, 20:59:05 PM »
Da Bird isn't like any other toy... Seriously, there's something unique about it - before I got one I thought it was just another 'feathers on a string' toy. I couldn't have been more wrong, my boys go absolutely MENTAL for it!

What she said  ;D  I've got no end of fishing rod toys but Da Bird is second to none.  It sort of mimics the sound of a bird's feathers in flight.  Cats go mental for it.  Also second recommendation to get Da Mousey toy too.  TBH I prefer the wand that Da Mousey toy comes with as much shorter and therefore lighter and it's on a sort of wire rather than string which seems a bit safer.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2009, 19:42:38 PM »
Ah  :thanks: Janey i have that sort of thing in seperate toys.

Da Bird isn't like any other toy... Seriously, there's something unique about it - before I got one I thought it was just another 'feathers on a string' toy. I couldn't have been more wrong, my boys go absolutely MENTAL for it!

Offline Purrrrfect (Shelly)

• Senior Cat
  • R.I.P Pippa, Lady, Sammy, Fudge & Smudge. xxxxx
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2009, 19:38:44 PM »
It's brilliant, if you click on the link to the shop at the top of this page it's there  ;D

It's listed on bestseller the top R/H side No 1

Ah  :thanks: Janey i have that sort of thing in seperate toys. I have used 3 at a time to play with 3 or more cats at one time lol  us women are excellent multi taskers hehehe.
Adopt a cat or kitten at...
www.the-kats-whiskers.co.uk/smf-forum 
Request a custom forum siggie, avatar or picture resizes at.. http://siggiestogo.smfforfree3.com
Pets Lost, Found & Stolen UK
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129703920378095
R.I.P Pippa, Lady, Sammy, Fudge & Smudge. xxxxx

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2009, 19:30:27 PM »
It's brilliant, if you click on the link to the shop at the top of this page it's there  ;D

It's listed on bestseller the top R/H side No 1
« Last Edit: April 04, 2009, 19:32:16 PM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Purrrrfect (Shelly)

• Senior Cat
  • R.I.P Pippa, Lady, Sammy, Fudge & Smudge. xxxxx
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2009, 19:29:07 PM »
Whats Da Bird what does it look like and where can i get one please?  ;D
I have tons of toys for my cats of all shapes and sizes. But i'm always looking for something new especially now i have 3 indoor Pedigree Persians.  ;D
Adopt a cat or kitten at...
www.the-kats-whiskers.co.uk/smf-forum 
Request a custom forum siggie, avatar or picture resizes at.. http://siggiestogo.smfforfree3.com
Pets Lost, Found & Stolen UK
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129703920378095
R.I.P Pippa, Lady, Sammy, Fudge & Smudge. xxxxx

Offline DebbieM

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2009, 07:37:00 AM »
Anything with string or cord I put away out of reach. We have wooden blinds all over the house and the trailing cords are a nightmare. Better to be safe than sorry!

Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash.
That one is the cat.
If man could be crossed with a cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat. -Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2009, 07:33:32 AM »
Byron loves Da Bird at 25  :evillaugh: there's a pic of her playing with it in the shop
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2009, 05:09:26 AM »
We have da bird but it can be a bit messy with approx 6 cats chasing it at once!  :evillaugh:

Offline Mollyrock

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2009, 23:12:51 PM »
Yeah, i read the thread. I keep it in the big carboard  tube it came in away in a cupboard. Not because i gave it a second thought about the string but because Tiggz was getting very
over protective with  it. I'm glad he did now after reading the warning.
Many thanks  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2009, 23:05:42 PM »
Make sure you dont leave da birdy out with one of the cats cos we have one cat on here who seemed to eat the string and had to have his tummy cut open to make sure it wasnt inside him  :shify: :shify: :shify:

Offline Mollyrock

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2009, 20:05:04 PM »
Oh i've got that attachment but haven't used it yet. Must give it a go  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2009, 20:00:54 PM »
Glad they like it  :wow: You need to get a Da Mouse attachment - my boys go crazy for Da Bird and, although it might not seem feline-ly possible, even crazier for da Mouse!

Offline Mollyrock

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2009, 19:47:47 PM »
Carra is still prowling the house but at least he has stopped panting now!  :rofl:
LOL   ;D
Yeah for piccies. I tried getting some action shots but failed miserably :-(

Offline DebbieM

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 19:32:07 PM »
Carra is still prowling the house but at least he has stopped panting now!  :rofl:

Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash.
That one is the cat.
If man could be crossed with a cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat. -Mark Twain

Offline DebbieM

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 19:30:40 PM »
What a great picture.  :Luv2: Beautiful kitty!

Will try and get some pics of mine with it when I can!  ;)

That one is the cat.

Offline Mollyrock

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 19:25:25 PM »
That's funny, my ginger tabby starts to growl & gets all protective when he catches Da Bird  ;D

I do agree the best place to use it is outside (so u can get the speed up,lol)

Offline DebbieM

• Adult Cat
Da Bird is Da Best
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 19:10:21 PM »
Da Bird came today! What a hit with my three! Just so happens it was the first day they could go outside to play since we got them 10 weeks ago.  Didn't take the girls long to venture out of the door but Carra wasn't sure about it and only stuck his nose out. Maybe he will get a foot out another day!  :rofl: All three have had a good play/hunt with da bird inside. The girls had a little time with it ouside which I will say is the best place to play with it. After a while we put it away but Carra was stalking the house looking for it and making all kinds of weird noises! It's the first time I have heard him growl and he meant it!  :rofl: He drags it to a safe place under the bed.
Going to get the other accessories too I think. They look good. Would recommend this toy, great fun and exercise for them. Will have three very tired kitties tonight!  ;D

That one is the cat.

Link to CatChat