Author Topic: My cat has eaten cooked chicken bones  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: My cat has eaten cooked chicken bones
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2009, 07:23:49 AM »
I agree she sounds as if she should be ok our Penny was a butter for going into the bin for chicken bones so we had to take the bin bag straight out she would tear at it.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 15:24:10 PM »
My mum would feed one of her cats chicken bones all the time and never listened to my moans and groans about this but her cats were always fine.

Just keep an eye on your furbaby today but I think if ok now it shouldn't be a problem.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 15:14:44 PM »
One of my previous cats Dingle RIP was a monster for getting into bins and getting at chicken bones.  She usually then threw it all up  :sick:

We learned to put chicken bones securely in outdoor bin.  The worry is that a bone will get stuck. If that hasn't happened, I imagine Toby should be fine. 

Offline melysion

• Adult Cat
My cat has eaten cooked chicken bones
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 14:56:56 PM »
I went out last night with people from work to celebrate someone passing an exam. On the way home, I brought some chicken wings and chips. Ate them, went to bed.

Got up this morning to find that I'd left the box with the bones in the living room (I must have been very tired .. not drunk, I had diet coke all night) and my cat Toby had gotten in there and had eaten half of the bones. Cooked chicken wing bones. Three of them.

Gaah!!

Should I be worried? He seems fine and has scoffed his breakfast as usual. Anything I should look out for?

Link to CatChat