Author Topic: Just to let everyone know I will no longer be doing cat rescue.  (Read 4458 times)

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Just to let everyone know I will no longer be doing cat rescue.
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2009, 09:02:12 AM »
This is a somewhat late response from me. although I have known about your life decision for some time.  We have been good friends for several years now and am sure we will be friends for many more.  Just wanted to remind you of the first time I came to visit and the post it's on the cats, all the rip roaring laughter we have shared as well as the tears.  For me personally, thankyou for all the support you gave when Winston was still with us and thankyou for making it possible for us to have Bernie, he is a fantastic kitty.  I'd also like to thank you for all of the wonderful work you have done to help make better lives for soooo many cats.  I love you and wish you all the very best for the future.
Your mad Scots git friend xxx

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2009, 00:19:15 AM »
Aww, Dawn.  :( :hug: :hug:

I have heard you say you're quitting before but this time the words are different.  :'( But I have been thinking for a while that you've been quiet on the forums, so I guessed something big was up. Do take care of yourself... and don't dissapear because you're one of our big heroes and we can't do without your general advise and guidance.  ;) :)

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 12:21:42 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: to you Dawn

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 12:13:42 PM »
 :hug: :hug: Dawn hun i have known you for a long while from Cat chat and i will never forget how you helped me with advice with Pudding the stray.   :hug: Thank you so very much for helping so many cats and slaves and i completely understand your decision and the pressure your under  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 10:33:56 AM »
Dawn, you've done some amazing work and have put other obligations on the back burner for such a long time as far as I can tell. It must've been a really difficult decision to make. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2009, 10:24:01 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for all th work you have done.  Hope things work out for you as you want.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2009, 08:34:22 AM »
Dawn even if you never help another one you've done more than most people ever do  :hug:  hope you manage to get your life sorted in a way you are happy with and hope to hear all about it when you come out of the other side of this difficult time

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 01:14:37 AM »
 :hug: you will stay on Purrs won't you hunnie?

Thank you for all you have done for the cats sweetie x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2009, 00:13:56 AM »
I'm sure it took a lot of soul searching to come to this decision Dawn, you've done more for cats and their welfare than most of us put together  :hug: Good luck and just because you're no longer actively involved in rescue doesn't mean you can't be part of Purrs  :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2009, 23:03:57 PM »
Hey Dawn, just (((HUGS)))
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2009, 22:53:34 PM »
Good luck Dawn, hope everything works out for you  :hug:

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 22:48:06 PM »
I hope you get the chance to recharge your batteries, everyone can see how much you've done for cats far and wide  :hug:

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 21:34:12 PM »
Sorry to hear this but you have to do what is right for you.  I hope everything works out for you.  I still remember our trip to a dodgy area of Sheffeld to collect some cats!

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 21:31:40 PM »
I am really sorry to hear this Dawn.
You are an amazing women who could always be relied on to "sort something". Many times you have made mercy missions to rescue a cat or put out pleas and found somewhere for a needy cat to go.
Good luck hunny.....dont be a stranger !

xxx

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 21:12:45 PM »
I havent known you very long and i dont know all the story but im sure you have not taken this decision lightly, but i send heartfelt wishes that you can get yourself back on track (not easy i know ive been there ) and take care of yourself :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 19:59:00 PM »
Aw Dawn, I am glad you have made this decision as you so need a break away from it all.  You have gone to the ends of the earth and back for other peoples' cats and strays and there are hundreds of cats out there who owe their new and happy lives to you.

I am sure, one day, when you have got your life straightened out and things back on track, you will be back in the world of kitty rescue.  Until then, I am your friend and I will keep in touch with you.

take good care and remember, you can always ring me xxxxxxxxxxx

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 19:20:23 PM »
Dawen you have always gone the extra mile and put cats above all else in your life

I hope which ever path you travel and where it leads that you will still be around as a font of knowledge and above all a friend who may be far away but never far from our thoughts

If you have anything to difficult give us a shout and we will see about relocating another welsh few up here afterall Bernie coped most admirably and is a credit to you and Elaine :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 19:02:48 PM »
Aw Dawn , we all know how much it meant to you , and how much it must hurt to have to give it up. :hug:

Now you make sure you still pop on here time to time.................................. ;)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 18:35:16 PM »
I will speak soon to you Mark, you have been one of my true friends on Purrs and I still hope to have you as a friend even if it doesn't involve cat rescue  :hug:  :hug:

You bet!  :hug:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 18:41:17 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 18:03:16 PM »
Sorry to read the news Dawn but you'll still have loads of support here on Purrs.

Take care of yourself and don't be a stranger!

:hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 17:53:39 PM »
 :hug:  :hug: awwww Dawn so sorry to hear this but you have to do what you feel is right, take care and do keep in touch xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 17:52:17 PM »
Thanks Gill, it's not been the easiest decision I've ever made but it has to be done.  Apart from the debt I've got myself into with them, I have got a lot of other things going on which will mean a total change, hopefully it will be pain free but it has upset me making the decision about the cats.......I have had a few tears over them but they will be okay and they will only be going to the best homes however long it takes  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 17:41:43 PM »
I am so sorry to see you leaving Cat Rescue Dawn and from me and all the cats you have helped a massive thank you  :hug: :hug:

I am sure this will be very very hard but I know that you will always love cats and have a housefull of your own  :shify: :shify:

I hope that you can reorganize your life without too much pain and that you will pop back and see us every so often. Lots of best wishes for the future  :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2009, 17:38:45 PM »
I know Dawn. :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 17:35:41 PM »
You know my reasons Pav more than anyone but you also know as soon as I get sorted, I will try and get over to see you and sort out Mr Tramp  :hug:  :hug:  I did hear on the grapevine he was back and I'm over the moon, I've not given up on him or my promise to you and wherever I end up, I will keep my promise  :hug:  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 17:32:52 PM »
Aww Dawn are you sure, Mr Tramp is back :evillaugh: 

I hope it all goes well for you and you get your life in order. :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 17:23:04 PM »
I will speak soon to you Mark, you have been one of my true friends on Purrs and I still hope to have you as a friend even if it doesn't involve cat rescue  :hug:  :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 17:20:40 PM »
I know you have your reasons Dawn and you have helped countless cats (and Parrots!) over the centuries years. I can't see you ever turning away from a needy animal but I understand you have other priorities  :hug:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 17:21:33 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Just to let everyone know I will no longer be doing cat rescue.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 17:14:54 PM »
After a lot of thought and a lot of things going on in my life at the moment, I will no longer be doing cat rescue.  I have still got a houseful but have got homes lined up for most of them but have to sort finances out to relocate them.  I've met a lot of friends over the years with doing the cats and some will be friends for life, hopefully we will be able to keep in touch.  Tan and Gill, you have both been diamonds in my eyes and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you've done for me and also to everyone else who has been a friend.  I will miss what I'm doing, this has been my life for the last few years and you never know, I may start up again in the future as I am finding it difficult not to get involved, got lumbered with helping 2 the last couple of days.......hard to say no  :tired: This is the hardest decision I've ever made, anyone who knows me knows how much these cats mean to me but I have to get my life back on track and sadly this means giving up the one thing I love most :hug:  :hug:

Link to CatChat