Author Topic: What Else can i do?!  (Read 11305 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: What Else can i do?!
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 18:49:25 PM »
I know what you mean but less chance of a little girl getting a fluffy kitten for her birthday unless the parents are serious?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 18:53:04 PM »
I agree  :shy: although sometimes the worse people are those 'with money' they have more attitude lol

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 10:08:15 AM »
I have to stick my neck out here and say that Chestnut's policy of charging different prices depending on colour and age of cat doesn't sit comfortably with me although the £125 charge for kittens might help to put the wrong type of people off so mixed feelings about that.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Catcrazi

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 15:26:35 PM »
Hi Sam,

Fantastic idea - thank you. I had contacted local papers and the BBC website, i just hadn't thought of news teams.

I have just emailed ITV to see if they are interested, and i will do the same for the BBC. We have lots of gorgeous cats and kitten, and they are much more photogenic than i am  ;D

Its worth a try even if nothing comes of it.

:thanks:

I don't think many people will be asking that person for sponsorship for anything after the comments i got. We're all too scared now!

Gill - Yes its way too hard to be patient  :naughty:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 15:25:08 PM »
Nothing to add sorry, but wish you very best of luck with this xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 13:56:54 PM »
Have you tried contacting your local BBC / ITV news teams .... they love a good "and finally" story and if it can incorporate some cute kittens all the better.

BTW - Your colleague sounds lovely (NOT) ... I wonder if she would say the same thing to someone trying to raise money for a sick child?   >:(
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 13:56:08 PM »

I just want to do something to help Chestnut so am keen to publicise this as much as possible, I need to learn to be more patient i think  :innocent:

Very hard isnt it  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Catcrazi

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 13:53:25 PM »
Yes I am finding that out. Actually someone in my office said 'I hate cats, don't see the point of them' when i asked her to sponsor me! Fair enough we're all entitled to our opinions but you wouldn't really say that to someone who's trying to raise money to help cats would you?!!  :Crazy:

I just want to do something to help Chestnut so am keen to publicise this as much as possible, I need to learn to be more patient i think  :innocent:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 13:23:38 PM »
Sounds to me that you have done everything you can do and many are short of money right now and if they support a charity they will stick to that alone  most likely.

Many people also do not like cats and animals in general  :(

Offline Catcrazi

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 12:22:08 PM »
I'm by no means an expert at setting up websites or fundraising, quite evidentally!! So i appreciate any tips/advice/suggestions anyone has.

The on line sponsor site isn't one i created as such, its a site where you can set up an individual fundraising page.

I have added it to my facebook profile, emailed it to all my work colleagues, friends and family. I have put it on the posters i have been giving out. I have text it to everyone in my mobile contact book! Its also on the Sanctuary website too.

Its been put in both of the newspaper articles as well.

I'm just wondering if there's anything else i can do to get word out about the walk and try and get more people to sponsor me.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 11:59:39 AM »
There is a major problem with websites as you have discovered.............they have to be found!

Even if someone does a search then your site must have the right words to be picked up and also be able to compete with the millions of other sites out there and come up in the first couple of pages found, cos people dont look very far down the results on average.

One cant just set up a site and then expect a miricle.

Appologies if you are an expert at stuff like this and if so please ignore my comments  ;D

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 11:05:50 AM »
getting the press involved is about the best thing you can do, no such thing as bad publicity!  good luck
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 11:06:08 AM by Dawn F »

Offline Catcrazi

• Kitten
What Else can i do?!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 09:46:24 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm doing a sponsored walk in May to try and raise lots of money for my local Cat Sanctuary where i work at weekends. Its a fantastic cause and something i feel very passionate about but I'm running out of idea's and would welcome any suggestions you might have  :scared:

I have set up an on line sponsor website, i have created posters and put these up at work, in the sanctuary and given them to friends and family to put up where they work too. I have contacted local papers and 2 of them ran articles about it. I wrote to about 65 local businesses explaining what i was doing, asking for donations, and for them to display a poster in their premises to help promote the event. We have sponsor forms in the Sanctuary. I have BBC Essex coming to the sanctuary week after next to take some pics and they will put something on the readers stories part of their website about it.

I have passed sponsor forms round my friends, family and work colleagues but have now hit a brick wall.

I've posted a message on Facebook and send it to all of my friends. I have emailed everyone i know as well!

The letters and newspaper articles don't appear to have had any affect what so ever, no on line donations have been made in response to them.

Does anyone have any ideas about what else i can do to get more people to sponsor me? Any and all suggestions will be much welcomed. I have never done anything like this before and want to do as much for the Sanctuary as i can as they so deserve it.

My website is http://www.mycharitypage.com/Catcrazi if you want to have a look and read about what I'm doing and why.

Thank you for taking the time to read this  :thanks:

x

Link to CatChat