Author Topic: Dylan & Smudge Persian/Exotic Boys *NOW REHOMED!*  (Read 20150 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Dylan & Smudge Persian/Exotic Boys
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2009, 17:58:16 PM »
I read on Mojos thread that a Purrs member is giving these guys a home....c'mon own up!! :shify:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2009, 10:21:01 AM »
awww, I couldn't split them up and Smudge is just adoooorable, that munchable round face :Luv2: they are both equally as lovely in my eyes .  If I didn't only adopt old cats I would have them like a shot.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 10:22:51 AM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2009, 20:49:38 PM »
I wish Beavis was more amenable to extra company , I' have both like a shot! :(

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 20:47:53 PM »
Don't you even think about it - I'd prefr to adopt them myself than see them go to different homes!!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 20:07:31 PM »
If they would split them up then they are good enough for your boys  :hug:

Think you mean NOT good enough MM  :shy: I agree, if I ever had to let my boys go I would rather die than let them be split up  :hug:

Oops, what she said  :-[ :doh:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 20:06:44 PM »

Think you mean NOT good enough MM  :shy: I agree, if I ever had to let my boys go I would rather die than let them be split up  :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 19:56:31 PM »

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2009, 19:32:54 PM »
 :hug:

Well just came back from taking Dylan for his grooming and the lady there said she knows somebody interested in just Dylan, thats the third time someone has asked for just Dylan!  :shocked:

How can anyone not want those big blue eyes!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 19:20:25 PM »
Leigh just reading your posts you can see how much you care, i know some of my lot wouldnt cope with a babies appearance, i dont plan on children as my cats fill that job but i would have to make the same call as you have done  :hug:

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2009, 16:19:01 PM »
Thank you  :innocent:
I was really worried people would think that I am just another person disposing of her cats now she has a baby, I know we have all heard it before. But my heart brakes everytime they run for cover when I come downstairs in the morning. It is the best thing for them.... I just hope they will find a home through here so I can always catch up with them and I know that when I see them happy in their new home I wont be sad anymore.   :Luv:
I watched that programme on five the other night about the Lion cub from Harrods and that just finalised it for me!   :innocent:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2009, 11:34:39 AM »
Leigh, I think you've made an incredibly difficult decision and I admire the fact you are putting the cats psychological welfare before your own want to keep them in your family. I would imagine it's quite heartbreaking and hope homes are found soon that are suitable.

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2009, 10:10:30 AM »
Hi Gillian, Sorry it took me a while to reply. No we haven't tried Petalcleanse. We are also thinking about their happiness now. They get very distressed when our son cries. Smudge will run around the house meowing and scratching at closed doors, they will also start to pick on each other and fight. We tried using Feliway for this but it didn't really make much of a difference! This is really upsetting to watch and they never seem to relax anymore. Even when baby goes to bed, they won't come in to our lounge and sit with us, they just sit on our dining chairs hidden until we go to bed. They find new smells and things quite difficult to deal with and are still terrified of the pushchair!  :(
They deserve a home where things are calm, without a screaming baby on the verge of crawling, (can you imagine how scared they will be then!) But also where they can be totally comfortable and happy forever  :'(

And now to top it all off I am pregnant again  :tired:
It just wouldn't be fair on these poor boys, they deserve to come first.

Leigh x

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 18:12:27 PM »
Our baby is allergic  :( He also has very bad eczema which is just made worse with the irritation.

We have tried all sorts, antihistamines, steroids etc As well as separating Kitty's and baby.

Sorry to go on and on but I feel I need to explain myself as I am still finding it very hard to think that soon I won't have these beautiful boys in my life, sorry getting all dramatic and girly now!!!  :(

Thats very sad  :hug: - just a thought, wonder if you've tried Petalcleanse? http://www.bio-life.co.uk/  its a lotion wiped on the cats' fur and it reduces the allergens. It takes about 3 weeks to take effect though, as it reduces allergens from the coat and therefore in environment. I thought I'd mention it in case it hadnt been tried and if it meant a way of keeping you all together.  :hug:

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 17:33:03 PM »

(With regards to the posting in two sections; you aren't strictly speaking supposed to. ;))

Ooopsy!  :shy:

Oh my goodness, those blue eyes - I knew I shouldn't have looked at this thread  :innocent: why are you having to rehome them? how sad for you.

Our baby is allergic  :( He also has very bad eczema which is just made worse with the irritation. He has lived with it for 9 months now bless him, more for our sake really which is me being a selfish Mummy  :-[ But I just kept putting it to the back of my mind, thinking it will go away. But then a few weeks ago our doctor said it is starting to affect his breathing now and asthma could be a possibility???!!! There is a lot in Daddy's family with eczema, asthma and cat/dog allergies. These problems have recently got worse as he is starting to learn how to crawl and spends most of his time rolling around the floor and playing with cat hair!  :naughty:

We have tried all sorts, antihistamines, steroids etc As well as separating Kitty's and baby. Our poor cats used to have the run of the house, sleep on our beds and enjoy the peace and quiet of our very peaceful house... which has of course now changed dramatically! They now deserve a forever home where they will be pampered all day everyday.

Sorry to go on and on but I feel I need to explain myself as I am still finding it very hard to think that soon I won't have these beautiful boys in my life, sorry getting all dramatic and girly now!!!  :(

Leigh x

P.S
maybe you can swap a chinchilla!!
Ha, ha, ha!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 18:04:11 PM by west0405 »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 13:12:59 PM »

LOL!  :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 13:11:58 PM »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 13:10:24 PM »
Oh my goodness, those blue eyes - I knew I shouldnt have looked at this thread  :innocent: why are you having to rehome them? how sad for you.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 11:30:35 AM »
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: cant see them waiting long!  ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 11:06:37 AM »
 :Luv: they are beautiful  :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 10:41:12 AM »
they are lovely, I don't suppose they will take long to home

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 09:44:24 AM »
These cats are lovely - I especially like Mojo though.  :Luv:

(With regards to the posting in two sections; you aren't strictly speaking supposed to. ;))

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 09:17:36 AM »
Would help if I added some photo's  :doh:

Offline west0405

• Senior Cat
Dylan & Smudge Persian/Exotic Boys *NOW REHOMED!*
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 09:10:14 AM »
Hi all, I know Angie has posted this in the "Cats Needing Homes" Section but thought I would post on here too so not to miss anyone  ;)
My gorgeous boys are staying with us in Rugby until we find them a home.
Our other cat Mojo is also looking for a new home, (see other thread)

Thanks,
Leigh x

Dylan and Smudge:
Pedigree Exotic Shorthair brothers, neutered aged three. Dylan is a long haired cream/red boy and Smudge is a grey, blue eyed colourpoint. These two are very timid and shy with strangers and would prefer a quiet and calm home, preferably with no young children. They are indoor cats but love having access to a secure and quiet garden when the sun is out and especially in the summer evenings when the moths are about!
Dylan's favourite things are sleeping, eating and chasing flies and Smudgie's are following you around the house chatting away and also sleeping upside down!
They are not lap cats but are still hugely affectionate and are wonderful pets who unfortunately are being rehomed through no fault of their own.
They are also very close companions and enjoy grooming and sleeping together and should never be split.
 :'(
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 12:19:54 PM by west0405 »

Link to CatChat