Author Topic: Online Pharmacy or Vets For Products?  (Read 1598 times)

Offline moongirl

• Adult Cat
Re: Online Pharmacy or Vets For Products?
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2009, 16:09:45 PM »
Thx for all your replies, it's VetUK from now on then via the rescue centre link.

Rgds

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 14:32:39 PM »
Yes VetUK for me too

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 13:34:29 PM »
I've used VetUK for years now, in the past I've bought prescription meds which have saved me a fortune and now I buy Frontline and Drontal wormer (no prescription needed for either of those), plaque off, logic gel etc

As CC says the Frontline are much cheaper, the Drontal worming tablets are around £1.50 each. Pets at Home is also authorised to sell veterinary strength meds now and they, for example, sell Drontal at 2 for £8.09  :Crazy:

Delivery is free with VetUK (when you spend over £19) and they usually despatch the same or next working day using first class post so superfast too.  They also donate 5% of your order total if you click through a rescue link to whichever rescue you've 'clicked through', occasionally you can find some items cheaper at other online pharmacies but in general (for the products I've bought) they're the cheapest so not only do I save money but I get to help the rescue out too  :)  If you do order from them below is a list of rescues on Purrs that have VetUK links

If anyone orders from vetuk, and lets face it you'd be crazy not to given their prices and free superfast p&p, please order through a rescue link so they will get 5% of your order value donated to them by vetuk.

The rescues on here that have a link are below, I always take it in turns every time I order.

http://www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk/ - click on vetuk logo on left hand side of home page

http://www.coventrycatgroup.org.uk/  - click on 'help us' tab, then 'shop online and help us' then click on VetUK link itself.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 17:44:31 PM by Tiggy's Mum, Reason: to change Paws Inn link as new website »

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 13:11:17 PM »
I think most of us here use VetUK for our flea/ worm treatments, internet site.

It costs £15 odd for a 6 pack of Frontline on vetUK where as at my vets it costs about £28 for a 6 pack  :shocked: Alot to be payin each month if you have a few cats!
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline moongirl

• Adult Cat
Online Pharmacy or Vets For Products?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 13:00:41 PM »
Hi,

I watched a TV program this week about Vet practices and charges etc and the comparative values of some products between a Vets and online pet pharmacies. Have any forum members experience of purchasing products from online pharmacies and how did the costs compare to a vets for typical products that would be used for a cat such as treatments for fleas, wormers and any other cat related items.

Also, if buying online is a realistic option could anyone recommend any suppliers?

Rgds

Link to CatChat