Author Topic: Advice please..Snooch is crossing a busy road!!!!  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Rachel(Rachette)

• Adult Cat
Re: Advice please..Snooch is crossing a busy road!!!!
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2009, 20:46:39 PM »
you can also try harness training her? then keep her indoor but take her out for a romp whenever you can
I do have an harness & the fight we had trying to get it on her :box:..but shes a little older now so i could try it again

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2009, 20:26:40 PM »
you can also try harness training her? then keep her indoor but take her out for a romp whenever you can

Offline Rachel(Rachette)

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2009, 20:16:13 PM »
it might be a siamese thing, snooch is part siamese..its as if she has no fear at all..i might try that too if the indoors thing doesn't work...

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2009, 20:11:01 PM »
I had just that problem many years ago with a Siamese cat and a huge wild garden across a very busy road - it was a rented house too so couldn't do anything to catproof the garden

as a last resort I used to carry her over the road, and fetch her back in the evening, when she would come to my call, being hungry by then
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Rachel(Rachette)

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 20:04:31 PM »
thank you..i will do that..i've been thinking while on here & i'm going to convert our loft into a playroom for her, theres loads of room up there & hopefully that'll keep her occupied until the house prices go up again & we can move somewhere better...feeling more positive now about it..think i was in mad panic mode earlier :Crazy:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 19:48:08 PM »
Give the indoors conversion a good shot, theres lots you can do to make things interesting, i would love a wall of carpet for my lot and a hi cat pole but as its not my house...  :evillaugh:
They can adapt, not all will but only time can tell  :hug:

Offline Rachel(Rachette)

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 19:44:40 PM »
If her garage patch has been taken over by a more dominant cat then that would also be pushing her to the road. I think you have no option but to try her as an indoor cat, if it doesnt work then you have to make a choice, allowing her out to enjoy her freedom but at a high risk, have an unhappy indoor cat or rehome her somewhere safe  :hug:

Have you any garden space to put a run in and then connect it to the house?

The thought of rehoming her is killing me as i think that might be the only option..i'll try her indoors & i'll have a think about the run idea & see if i can work something out..but deep down i know thtat rehoming her would be the best option..i'll miss her so much though..shes my baby :( :'(

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 19:37:45 PM »
If her garage patch has been taken over by a more dominant cat then that would also be pushing her to the road. I think you have no option but to try her as an indoor cat, if it doesnt work then you have to make a choice, allowing her out to enjoy her freedom but at a high risk, have an unhappy indoor cat or rehome her somewhere safe  :hug:

Have you any garden space to put a run in and then connect it to the house?

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 19:36:24 PM »
Hi Rachel,

Sadly the only real thing you can do is keep her inside ....try it and see how she goes

Offline Rachel(Rachette)

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 19:33:25 PM »
No unfortunately i cant..its shared & the other owners use it to park their car on & our other exit goes straight onto a lane which leads to deralict garages where she also plays but not that often now as shes been chased by another cat a couple of times..i hind sight i really should have thought it through a bit better before i got her..i feel sick with guilt & worry now..but if i'dve left her where she was she would have been used as a breeding machine like her mother was... :scared:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 19:16:34 PM »
oh dear I wouldn't want my cat near a road so I can understand your worry, can't you cat proof the garden Rachel?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Rachel(Rachette)

• Adult Cat
Advice please..Snooch is crossing a busy road!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 19:10:13 PM »
Hey all..how is everyone?

Just wondered if you could give me abit of advice..Snooch has started going across quite a busy road...1 i think that she must have seen me crossing it at some point..2 there is a tree full of birds & 3 the owner of the garden that she likes to sit in & watch the birds, his daughter i think has encouraged her....I've been over & asked them not to encourage her & if they could, could they throw water at her & scare her away as much as possible but she still keeps going across & my neighbours have told me of a few near misses..is there anything that i could do..or is keeping her in the only option, shes such an outdoor cat & i know that it will be hard for her to adjust..i just want her around for a lot longer.

Link to CatChat