Author Topic: Channel 5 news  (Read 2137 times)

Offline jojo55

• Kitten
Re: Channel 5 news
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 22:41:28 PM »
I don't want to read the article but the thought of eating a cat (or dog) disgusts me.

Quite aside from anything else, cats and dogs are not 'food' animals.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2009, 16:52:05 PM »
I can guess what it is - I hate China with every bit of my heart. They are disgusting, evil barbarians. If there is any justice, China will have what it well & truly deserves. They sicken me - OH wanted to go on holiday there but I wouldn't knowingly give China a penny of my money - I hate them  >:( - I hope that anyone who has ever killed or eaten a cat or dog dies a long and painful death.

This is nothing new - I think there needs to be a warning in the title.

Evil, Evil scum sucking  :censored:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 16:56:25 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2009, 15:59:00 PM »
I haven't even clicked on the link, can guess the story

It makes me so mad when animals are treated this way! As far as killing and eating cats and dogs...people are going to hate me for this... it is their culture and although *I* cannot stand the idea of eating them, on a practical level it is no worse than any meat I suppose, the French eat horse, Indians think we are barbarians for eating Beef...

but I think no matter what animal you wish to eat, you should treat it as humanely as possible The meat I buy is sourced locally and I know how the animals have lived and died... there is absolutely no excuse for causing any animal pain and distress... And there is no excuse for how they treat those dogs and cats, never mind the horrible fact they steal pets and strays...

I dispair of the human race at times... if I won a stonkingly huge amount of money I would buy an Island and invite any true animal lovers to come and live on it with me

Offline Tiggerman

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2009, 13:50:04 PM »
I have tried my best to avoid buying anything that is made in China for a long time now due to the treatment
of animals and also the issue of human rights and Tibet.

However, it is very hard sometimes to find any alternatives.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 13:39:32 PM »
I can't bring myself to watch it.  I stopped going to Greece (a place I mostly loved) because of the way most of them treat the stray dogs and cats.  I had so many rows with Greek people and threatened to write to the British papers to discourage English people from visiting.  I had to stop going in the end as my holiday was ruined everytime.  There is no excuse whatsoever for cruelty

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2009, 13:22:38 PM »
I just cannot bear the thought of the fear those cats are experiencing.  >:(

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 11:06:21 AM »
That's awful I couldn't watch through to the end. Don't really know what to say- words can't even describe how angry and sad that makes me. Nothing shocks me though about China, I was watching something about their 'bile bear' trade yesterday and it all makes me so angry.
As much as we have problems in this country and lots of cruelty (mostly neglect) our animals are really treated quite well incomparison and woiuld struggle to find another country to live in where animals are treated as well.
I have no idea how this people are like this, with no concience. I feel guilty if I accidentally kill a bug and these people think nothing at selling people's pets to be brutally killed. Absoluetly disgraceful.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 09:29:03 AM »
Sick sick sick!!! Just becuase something is 'culture' and 'traditional' it doesn't justify it!

Offline jo

• Adult Cat
  • Toby and Tom xx
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 07:41:38 AM »
 :'( R my god that is so horrible, ive watched it before work and i feel sick! Cant believe people have no feelings about killing a cat!
Totally disgusted!!

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 02:12:35 AM »
Makes me wonder why people are still living as barbarians in this day and age. For someone to have total lack of respect for any living creature is beyond me  >:(

I think that country needs to be sunk if you ask me!
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline barney

• Adult Cat
Channel 5 news
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 01:47:28 AM »
I visited some friends the otherside of London this evening, anyway after catching up on things the topic of holidays came up and I was asked if I would like to go to China with them for 27 days later in the year. Sounded a great offer but there is absolutely no way I could be parted for that period of time from my 6 luvvies, I start missing them after a couple of hours at work. We then sat down to watch a bit of television and they started to channel hop, up comes channel 5 news with this http://news.five.tv/news.php?news=1604 sorry but this is pure evil, and to make matter worse they are stealing peoples pets. Not sure if anything can be done as China does not have any animal rights,

Link to CatChat