Author Topic: How old am I?  (Read 2101 times)

Offline Maximina (Mike's Mom)

• Adult Cat
  • Mike's Mom
Re: How old am I?
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 05:08:05 AM »
How is Mike at keeping his claws in? The two 'older gentleman' cats I've had the honour of getting to know - my foster Ollie and my friend Jillian's gorgeous Burmese, Meko - are both in their teens and not too good at retracting their claws, so they tend to always be quite visible, particularly at the back, and can snag on wooly jumpers and things.
Since Mike is asleep in the closet right now, his mom ... me ... must answer this question :) Mike does have claws that catch on things. His previous owner used to clip his toenails herself but I am not that brave but have been too tired and busy to take him to the groomer. Must do so as now he snags on things all the time ... new sweaters, blankets, sheets ... However, he is one cat that never puts his claws out. Even if he gets annoyed he will tend to give a little nip rather than biting.  :shy: :-:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 16:14:52 PM »
Well Mike, if you are 11 years young you've obviously found the secret of eternal youth as you look very chipper!  You have obviously had your previous slaves well trained so I trust you have done the same with your current one.

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 16:07:30 PM »
How is Mike at keeping his claws in? The two 'older gentleman' cats I've had the honour of getting to know - my foster Ollie and my friend Jillian's gorgeous Burmese, Meko - are both in their teens and not too good at retracting their claws, so they tend to always be quite visible, particularly at the back, and can snag on wooly jumpers and things.
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 15:39:38 PM »

So I could be as young as 11 or even older!!!

See copy of my first post:-I have no idea. Mike looks youngish to me, 2 ish then again I could be way off the mark as my Jeannie who is 12ish looks about the same as Mike.

Jeannie hasn't had botox either.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

• Adult Cat
  • Mike's Mom
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 15:30:20 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replies. My former mother had me for 7 years and she was the second owner at least. The one before that had me for supposedly 4 years. So I could be as young as 11 or even older!!! My belly shows it though but I am glad you think I am so young .... I guess the botox injections aren't necessary afterall!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 14:01:09 PM »
Hi Mike.  You are undoubtedly a very handsome young man and look just like our Gandolf when he came to us, before he got chubby.  We guessed at the time he was between 2 and 3 years old.  He was with us for 16 years.  Hope you are with your mom and dad at least as long. I used to think teeth were a good idicator of age before Freddie had to have all except 2 removed and (I'm told) he isn't 5 yet.

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 10:44:12 AM »
i think your 2 you look a little younger than my moomin who is 2 and half

ccmacey

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 10:36:53 AM »
Yeah you is cute. No way of knowing your age but vet might be able to say? I thinks your about 2 ish.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 10:02:22 AM »
i'd perhaps give a better guess having examined him in person and seen inside his mouth etc but i'd say 3 - 5 years old from the pics.

what age has your vet estimated ?

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 07:52:07 AM »
I have no idea. Mike looks youngish to me, 2 ish then again I could be way off the mark as my Jeannie who is 12ish looks about the same as Mike. I am sure the next time you take Mike to the vets for injections or something they can look at his teeth and maybe give you a clue. Then again nowadays I have old cats with wonderful teeth and 3 yrs old that have needed all their teeth out.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 07:48:15 AM »
Yeah I'd say 3 or 4. My Lexy is about that age and has the same naughty young look.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 07:07:50 AM »
Hi Mike.  You're certainly a very splendid fellow indeed, aren't you? 

I would say you look very kittenish, but with a dash of gravitas.  I reckon, about 3 years old....?

• Adult Cat
  • Mike's Mom
How old am I?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 06:01:29 AM »
Hi everyone, my name is Mike. Do you think I am cute? How old do you think I am? My mother doesn't know as she adopted me as an adult cat in 2006. I have an idea at least of my youngest possible age but I am curious to know how old I look. Thanks! Oh and the last photo is of me on my AMAZING new cat bed which I got for Christmas and just love. I no longer sleep on my mother's velvet chair much to her glee :Luv:

Link to CatChat