Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4102 times)

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
  • Mollie dog, Charley, Sammy and Seth
    • my blog
Re: Hello
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 12:46:25 PM »
Seem to have stumbled upon a solution to the peeing problem... get a dog!! No pee since we've had her, except 2 ickle accidents when i misunderstood the particular tone of woof and didn't let her out in time - but nothing from the cats. Charley even came in last night, had a snack and a cuddle (and some goat's milk which she got everywhere) and went in the tray before she crashed on a chair well out of the way of the dog...
Ah, summer - the season for a daily mouse...

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
    • my blog
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 19:13:33 PM »
 :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 18:15:05 PM »
No hadnt thought of that  :rofl:

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
    • my blog
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 15:25:37 PM »
Anything to do with nuts?  :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 14:36:06 PM »
Made some smarty witty reply to your squirrel post yesterday but forgot ewhat it was  :rofl:

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
    • my blog
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 09:56:02 AM »
Found a thread elsewhere on the forums where someone suggested cleaning up thoroughly and leaving dry food where the cats had peed, so I scrubbed the side with the stuff we've got, gave it an extra clean with the Sainsbury's Tea Tree & Mint stuff, then put some bikkits down.

My OH came downstairs this morning to find that someone had completely ignored the bics and left a big puddle, in fact they'd peed right next to them. :shify:

Have added bio washing stuff & surgical spirit to the shopping list, will get some Simple Solution 2morro when I go & get a cuddly for the pooch... and try and get their fave cat litter, Bio-catolet - they've got that wood-based stuff that smells nice but disintegrates when you get it wet at the mo, don't think they like getting it between their pads  :tired:

Ho hum
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 10:04:50 AM by Em »

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
    • my blog
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 14:50:09 PM »
 :thanks:... the squirrel is sooo me... I'm redheaded and I hoard :innocent: - what more can I say...

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 14:09:59 PM »
Yes they do a spray I think.................love that squirrel in your profile  ;D

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
    • my blog
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 10:24:58 AM »
[Hi there,
How many cats do you keep in the kitchen ..if you are keeping them in i think you need more than one tray, i think all the other advice you have been given is great..i have to say that they simple solution is great i used it when Yumi went through her ..I'm half persian so bound to have toilet problems phase ;)

I don't keep them in the kitchen - it's just pretty much the only place they pee now (although we think someone sprayed up an armchair in the living room)  :sneaky:. They're limited to downstairs until we've cracked the problem and we can afford to replace the carpets upstairs.. They have a cat flap and a huge garden so there's really no good excuse - although if Seth and Sammy hear the half persian one they'll use it (they're half persian half tabby farm cat). Have put the tray back in the kitchen today (it's a covered one so it was outside the back door but that obviously isn't close enough when it rains!) so we'll see...  it would be nice to not come downstairs to puddles everywhere, this morning some  :censored: beastie had peed on the stove :sick:!! I s'pose at least it's easy to clean...

When I'm rich I'll get a behaviourist in...  :rofl: in the meantime, when I get paid I'll get some simple solution and clean the whole kitchen...don't they do a spray too? Might get both... and some super dooper cat litter - might as well go out all guns blazing, as it were!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 02:16:26 AM »
Sorry my head was thinking one and typing the other will change my post so tyhe right spirit is ther grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 22:57:03 PM »
Please dont use white spirit, it is surgical spirit you need!! Cats shoudl have litter trays at all times of the year, not just in the bad weather. Good luck.
Please spay your cat

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 22:01:27 PM »
Hi there,

How many cats do you keep in the kitchen ..if you are keeping them in i think you need more than one tray, i think all the other advice you have been given is great..i have to say that they simple solution is great i used it when Yumi went through her ..I'm half persian so bound to have toilet problems phase ;)
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
    • my blog
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 19:59:23 PM »
Hi Em,
Gill   :sneaky: has given very good advice.

Oh, and I'm pleased to hear that there is another black lad out there called Samson.  My Sams is 12 too and funnily I also have a brindle tortie (plus a rather large and skittish Ginger & white.)

Hi

He doesn't look very skittish in the piccie on your avatar!! :D

My Samson was named after the horse in Emmerdale - when they were kittens, he jumped on his brother just as the horse reared up at Seth on Tv - hence the names. Nothing to do with me, they belonged to my best friend at the time (I inherited them when she split from her boyfriend). They narrowly escaped being called Osric and Tentacles, or Merlin and Archimedes!!  :rofl:

They're my babies. Have just come upstairs after a tiring session of 'fish the toy mouse out of the shoe' with Charley. Guess we'll have to find terrier-proof cat toys after the weekend!!

Will try the biological stuff - not sure about the whit spirit as we have a laminate floor in the kitchen. Sainsbury's do a natural Tea Tree and mint cleaner which seems to discourage them for a few days, too. Sigh...

Offline chrisleitz

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 14:23:34 PM »
Hi Em,
Gill? ?:sneaky: has given very good advice.

Oh, and I'm pleased to hear that there is another black lad out there called Samson.? My Sams is 12 too and funnily I also have a brindle tortie (plus a rather large and skittish Ginger & white.)
Best wishes, Chris, Samson, Buddie and Pepper

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 13:01:21 PM »
Pleased to see you here and posting? :welcome:

Clean areas with biological washing stuff followed by surgical spirit.

Also Simple solution is good for cleaning areas and getting rid os smell, from PAH.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2006, 02:16:57 AM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Em

• Distinguished Cat
    • my blog
Hello
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 11:25:18 AM »
Can't believe CatChat has gone!! I've used it on and off for years, although I've never posted, as I had a cat with FIV and found it very encouraging that other people also had cats with FIV who led relatively normal lives. 4 years ago my sister and I split the (5) cats and Sooty tragically succumbed a couple of months ago (after surviving 7 years with virtually no symptoms since the initial flare-up). His son had been hit by a train earlier in the year, so my sis now only has his daughter icklepest (by name and nature) who is 9 but acts like a kitten. :(
I kept my boys Seth and Samson and we rescued Charley last year, she was very skinny but is now nicknamed "Thug".

Sammy :)

Seth at his favourite game of being poked with long sticks :evillaugh:

Charley in the catnip patch...? :Crazy:

"Da boyz" are both 12, Charley is 4 ish, and they're soon to be joined by a 3 year old JRT called Mollie, so x fingers for us that it goes smoothly.

While I'm typing - Seth and Charley both pee in the house :-[. It's now limited to the kitchen and I know there's a link to bad weather so I'm going to let them have a tray again, can anyone give me any other tips? Or recommend a good cleaning product? I clean the floor and surfaces with hot water that's got white vinegar and washing up liquid in but I don't know whether it's habit, laziness or some kind of statement. They all get on OK (except Charley gets bored and bounces the boys)...

Any help appreciated - can move the question to a different section if this one is inappropriate ;D
Love the emoticons by the way - very cool

Link to CatChat