Author Topic: When is a cat officially missing?  (Read 19953 times)

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
Re: When is a cat officially missing?
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2009, 12:46:46 PM »
Thinking about you today, wishing you a positive outcome :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2009, 12:38:38 PM »
Good luck today.  :hug: I'm so hoping for a positive outcome. What a shame about Twinks - horrible neighbour  >:(

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2009, 11:55:15 AM »
I'm glad you will have people with you today- he doesn't sound like a nice man.  Good luck honey x

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #104 on: March 08, 2009, 08:37:54 AM »
 :hug: I really feel for you, please try and stay positive although it's hard, take care of yourself  :hug:

:( RIP Twinks xx
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 08:39:01 AM by janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
« Reply #103 on: March 07, 2009, 23:00:20 PM »
Just checking in to say hi and that I'm thinking of you. I was ill when Izzy went AWOL for 23 hours last week, so I don't dare imagine how you must be feeling right now. My thoughts are with you.

Lynds x

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #102 on: March 07, 2009, 21:15:29 PM »
Sorry to hear that Lilly has gone AWOL - it may sound obvious but are you putting some food at the back door?

Please keep us informed of the post mortem on Twinks   -  hope it was natural causes     :RIP:   Twinks

Come home vibes being sent to Lilly

:where:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 21:42:31 PM by Yvonne »
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #101 on: March 07, 2009, 20:57:39 PM »
I've got sister (and probably nephew, neice and brother-in-law) all with me tomorrow so I should be fine.  I will need to make sure the two very excitable border collies that live next door to this guy are kept inside - if she is alive and hidden she will not make herself known whilst they are out and barking.  And if by some miracle I find Lilly in his garden (alive or dead) there may be all kinds of trouble!    Even if she isn't there I'm considering causing all kinds of trouble anyway for pushing Twinks through the hedge.   God help him if the post mortem on Twinks shows anything other than death by natural causes - his owner is very upset (understandably) about it all.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #100 on: March 07, 2009, 20:39:49 PM »
I really hope that there is a good outcome to this. I would go with the chucking a ball over excuse as well.  ((HUGS))
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2009, 20:38:14 PM »
I live in Lancs -

Karen wish i was near you because i would have come with you to the neghbours garden.

Is there anyone in Lancs who could go with Karen ?

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2009, 20:36:38 PM »
ball idea is a good one.   

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2009, 20:23:45 PM »
I live in Lancs - had to go out earlier after posting or would have done something and now too dark to see anything.    If she is there I don't expect to find her alive. Have been out calling in the area but it's blowing a gale and couldn't hear anything.  When it goes quieter later I'll try again.

The ball idea is definitely a good one - his garden is on a corner plot as well so it would be easy to do!

Will be out again first thing tomorrow to see what can be seen.

Karen
x

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2009, 20:06:12 PM »
I agree with Michelle, sod the neighbour, Lilly is much more important then upsetting the neighbour, i would go round when its all quiet and call her name and listen for any responce and also look everywhere i possibly could the worst he can do is call the police, and then all you have to do is say you knocked several times ,got no reply so assumed he was out.Good Luck and i do hope you find her safe and well :hug: :hug:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2009, 19:21:08 PM »
Sod the neighbour....just go and look in his garden

I agree 100% - I would throw a ball over and knock the door to get it back....If no reply well your only looking for the ball!  :hug:

RIP poor neighbours cat xx

What she said - that way there's an excuse. "A family member accidentally threw a ball into your garden...." I hope Lilly turns up soon, and I'm so sorry about your neighbours cat.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2009, 18:55:24 PM »
Oh how awful, poor Twinks  :( I think the ball idea is a good one  :hug:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2009, 18:50:03 PM »
Oh hun, what area are you - I am Nottinghamshire - if I am near I'll come round and knock on the  :censored: door for you - he won't mess with a heavily pregnant women trust me as I'll go hormonal on him in rage if he starts on me.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2009, 18:42:55 PM »

I agree 100% - I would throw a ball over and knock the door to get it back....If no reply well your only looking for the ball!  :hug:

RIP poor neighbours cat xx

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2009, 18:33:42 PM »

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2009, 17:34:29 PM »
Oh Karen

What a nightmare.  Poor Twinks - RIP baby.   :censored: of a neighbour.

I do hope that you get somewhere tomorrow with finding Lilly.

Offline Lynds

• Adult Cat
  • Izzy
« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2009, 17:32:45 PM »
Truly awful story. My heart goes out to your neighbour. I do pray you get your wee cat home safe and well.

Lyndsey xx

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2009, 17:26:35 PM »
Still no news on Lilly and hope is becoming very thin on the ground.  This next bit will probably upset and sicken you.

I mentioned earlier on that another cat had gone missing on the same day, a few doors away from me (we are almost attached via a garden, the back corner of mine almost meets her back corner so we are pretty close.)  The corner where the gardens join is quite overgrown and inaccessible from my garden but the lady let me go through her garden to see whether there was anything in there.  I did this on Thursday but found nothing.  I kept thinking about it and was drawn back yesterday and looked under the sheds in the area at the same time when it was darker and quieter but found nothing at all.  Before coming home I knocked on her neighbours door to see if I could have a quick look round his garden which is quite overgrown.  He was in but wouldn't answer the door and I couldn't go into his garden as he would have seen me (and probably have me arrested!)

Today I have a phone call from Joan saying she had found her cat's body...........pushed through the hedge from the side that wouldn't answer the door.   :censored:  There are no visible signs of injury so she is taking him for a post mortem on Monday morning at her vets.  He wasn't there on any of the occassions I went round and wasn't there this morning.  She has been in all day and no-one came past her windows.  She struggled to get him out of the hedge so he was clearly put there from the other side.   :sick:

I just can't understand how anyone could do that.  If he found the cat in his garden and didn't want to tell her in case she though he had killed it (which is possible) then why not wait until night and put it in her front garden.  I suppose we should be thankful he didn't just throw him into a bin.  RIP Twinks.

The thing is now I am more than convinced I willl find Lilly in the same way - except he probably doesn't know where she has come from so she may end up in a bin.  He's had the flyer but may be worried about ringing about her.  If she is there at all.

Tomorrow my sister is going to knock on his door and see if we can ransack his garden (just in case he recognises me and thinks I am linked to his neighbour). If he is in and doesn't answer then I'm not sure what I will do.  The other option is waiting for him to go to work on Monday and going in without permission - which I will do but would rather have his permission and do it a day earlier.  If she has died then a day won't make any difference but if some miracle she is still alive then the timing will be critical.

I'm not for one minute suggesting he may have poisoned Twinks deliberately but to push him through a hedge is awful.  I'm in bits again through this - I am so angry that she has Twinks back and I still haven't found Lilly (and I hate myself for feeling that way) but I'm relieved that I can still have some hope.

Karen
x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2009, 03:34:28 AM »
Hope you have positive news soon  :hug:

Ditto!  :hug:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #86 on: March 06, 2009, 14:58:13 PM »
Hope you have positive news soon  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #85 on: March 06, 2009, 14:56:10 PM »
Keep your chin up Karen and keep searching - took me 7 months but I knew I could never stop.

I hope some good comes out of the person who is giving you a reading - you never know who you can trust and unfortunately there are people out there that will take advantage of you being so upset.

You mentioned a while ago about the footbal match - have you put posters up in that area?  I know you said that she will be scared but you never know, someone might see her.

Good luck.

Mary  :hug:
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2009, 13:28:42 PM »
you so deserve to have a happy ending, Karen, for all your hard work
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2009, 12:56:31 PM »
Still not a thing.  I'm praying for nice weather at weekend that will drive people into their gardens and open their sheds/garages!  The fates are working against me and we are forecast heavy rain on Saturday and light snow on Sunday.  Approached several communicators over the last few days - one of which told me without seeing a picture or having any information about Lilly that she was still close by and fine, and ran off because she was scared and is now hidden and scared to come out!  Not quite sure how she worked that out from the brief email I sent.......  The only thing with this one was that she mentioned she may be under a shed (and when I searched through the hedges yesterday there were two sheds with gaps under them that I couldn't get to to nosy into - another job for the weekend)

I'm waiting on a reading from someone who took photos off me (and payment!) and hopefully this will bring some new information or leads.   As with anything though, it's knowing who to trust and who is out to take advantage but I have to try everything possible.

I've also registered her on animalsearchuk who have offered to print posters and flyers for me (at a cost which will be paid by insurance company) - the advantage of this being that they have a freephone number and anyone with information would ring that and not speak to me at all (people may be more likely to come forward with any information if not speaking to the owner).  Not sure how successful this will be and will see what the weekend and communicator brings first.

Was out again and still not a sign of her.   At the start of the week I had a gut feeling that she was either a long way away or had died but as the week has gone on she is feeling closer.  I know it sounds strange and is probably wishful thinking but I have to keep hoping.

Karen
x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2009, 12:49:40 PM »
Hoping Lilly comes home soon. :hug: :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2009, 12:09:40 PM »
Come on Lily show someone you are lost  :hug:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2009, 09:37:10 AM »
Still sending those vibes out sweetie x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2009, 09:36:15 AM »
Topping up with some more come home vibes, don't give up  hun  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline tillywilly

• Adult Cat
  • home of Tilly & Archie
« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2009, 18:05:38 PM »
Many moons ago my cat got out.  She was an in door cat so did not know the area.

3 weeks later she was living across 2 roads in a church yard, not very far at all.  She was spotted by a dog walker, who phoned me, because the village had so many of my posters around.  I had given up.

I feel so much for you, it is still early days, keep pestering the coummunity around you, and do not believe anything people say to you.  I was told so often because she was old that she had gone away to die. 

XXXXXX

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2009, 13:02:00 PM »
:hug: you're doing your best and don't give up, loads of positive vibes going your way
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2009, 12:48:11 PM »
Because Misa and Sasa are such good buddies, when Sasa goes missing for any time, Misa always goes out and finds her. When she went AWOL for a week Misa knew where she was hiding and a neighbour saw them together in her garden at night but it took another 3-4 days before Misa got her coming back to my garden and I saw them at the bottom.  ;D

So jst keep trying and am sure she will be home  :hug:

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2009, 12:41:28 PM »
 :hug:

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2009, 12:36:56 PM »
Well, still nothing but I have some neighbourhood kids looking at weekend, going searching through some hedges tonight (lots of overgrown bushes behind the house where the other cat disappeared from so the lady has kindly said that I can go into them!) and another treck round the neighbourhood in store - didn't go last night as football was on and there was no way on earth she would have come out of anywhere.  The advert should be in the paper now but still no calls.

I keep trying to persuade Robbie he should turn into a dog and track her down but he isn't having any of it.

By now, if she could have come home on her own she would have done and I'm resigned now to the fact that after all this is done then other than keeping the profile up then there is nothing more I can do.

Thanks for the continued good wishes. I'll keep you all updated.

Karen
x

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2009, 10:18:46 AM »
Sending lots of  :hug: and come home vibes.   

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2009, 22:44:05 PM »
Nothing to offer that's of any help except to say I keep checking back here for good news and send you lots of  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Me too  :hug: I know it doesn't seem like it but it's very early days yet  :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2009, 22:40:10 PM »
Nothing to offer that's of any help except to say I keep checking back here for good news and send you lots of  :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2009, 21:52:12 PM »
Sending lots of good vibes and I agree with the others do not give up  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2009, 19:21:57 PM »
Hope something good comes from the adverts honey.  Don't give up.  We got our bridge babe Sasha back after an advert in the local paper.  She was found about 2 miles away by a lovely lady who said that she was looking for an advert every day so she could call.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2009, 19:10:55 PM »
Have you got her onto the missing pet register? That gets a lot of views  ;D

I hope shes home soon  :hug: :hug:

Link to CatChat