Author Topic: 20 mins of rising panic looking for Dinah  (Read 1904 times)

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Re: 20 mins of rising panic looking for Dinah
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 08:36:37 AM »
Awwwwwww its awful isn't it, the panic that sets in!

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 07:06:48 AM »
Edward always used to hide on the chairs, pushed under the dining table..  Even when he could no longer jump he clambered under there somehow.

So anyway, it's consequently one of the first places I check for the others.

I swear that I've found one of them there five or six times - after I checked there first.  I'm sure they know I check there, then shift positions cos I've already looked.

Our Penny used to sleep on those on the little padded cushions but she was well hidden ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline 2d

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 22:56:48 PM »
Edward always used to hide on the chairs, pushed under the dining table..  Even when he could no longer jump he clambered under there somehow.

So anyway, it's consequently one of the first places I check for the others.

I swear that I've found one of them there five or six times - after I checked there first.  I'm sure they know I check there, then shift positions cos I've already looked.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 22:29:43 PM »
 :rofl:

They definitely do it on purpose  :Crazy:

I've finally worked out where Mosi has been hiding of late - he's made himself a little bed from a towel that fell off the airer in the bathroom. 

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2009, 20:40:19 PM »
I had that about two weeks ago. Got home from work. Lexy is an indoor cat and she's not adventurous at all so she's pretty much always around my legs, like clockwork when I get home.

I walk in. Calling, nothing. Up the stairs, nothing. Start to wonder if she's in her bed, nothing. In her tents, nothing, under the bed, under the table, dining room chairs, at this point I'm ripped kick boards away from under kitchen cabinets.. .nothing!

I went back in the living room, checked behind sofas, behind TV, still nothing.

All this time calling her, nothing.

Starting a small panick wondering where she could be, she can't get out.. and madam strolls out from her four poster bed, she'd snuggled under the donut bed inside that and I'd missed her.

My heart was racing I felt sick for an hour after. :shocked:

Dark Moon

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 20:32:08 PM »
I 'lose' mine so regularly that I generally don't bother looking anymore. I KNOW they are better than me (a lesson learned long, long ago) - at everything, including not being found until and unless they want to be.

Some day, though, I will have to tell you about Felix and the dryer.........

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 20:27:35 PM »
I swear they do it on purpose - that look of complete innocence when you find them is a dead giveaway ... :Luv2:

Offline Pudding

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 20:25:08 PM »
Reminds me of the very first time I "lost" my cats. Two kittens about 6mths old. I was away overnight and arranged for someone to come in, feed & water & Tray and play with them. I got back the following day and no sign of them anywhere. Not in cupboards, not under beds in wardrobes they really were gone! I phoned the lady that had been looking after them and really let rip. She very calmly listened and when I had finished she gently asked me exactly what did I do when I got in.Exactly. So, I'd come in, called the girls, put the cushions back on the sofa and carried on . . . . Stop right there she said. The cushions were on the sofa when I left, have a look. My goodness, a tiny little hole in the cover, only about 1 inch. I ripped it open and had a look and there were 2 little faces looking at me as if to says 'what are you all upset for!!!!!!'

My first experience of cat thinking! :Luv:

Offline Angeladeedah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 20:03:38 PM »
Aw!  It's a horrible feeling when you can't find them.......and yet, you know they have to be indoors. 

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 12:33:32 PM »
Hehe! Bet she was hoping to snaffle a bit more food while you were occupied! ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 12:17:44 PM »
Oh my Rosella  :hug: :hug:

Isnt it worrying when you cant find them even when you almost know the are definately in the house  :shify:

So pleased you found her and she is getting very cheeky isnt she  ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
20 mins of rising panic looking for Dinah
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 12:12:32 PM »
Well was preparing food for newbies and thought it odd that only babies followed me upstairs to their room. Put their food down and went looking for Dinah.  Quick scout round and nothing.  Then methodically room to room calling her and looking in every corner and under all furniture. Noticed photo of OH's mom had been knocked behind cupboard. She's hiding cos scared ....  Room to room again. What was I doing? When did I last see her?  OMG the washing machine! Nope. OMG the dryer is on ... nope   OMG outside!  but the flap is on.  Surely she can't have gone behind fireguard and up chimney?

Think girl think!  I was preparing the food  :idea:  Yes!  She was just sitting there in the cat fud cupboard waiting for me to put one and one together. Rather think she thought it was Christmas  ;D

Link to CatChat