Author Topic: CP volunteers get a discount of 20% of petplan insurance  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: CP volunteers get a discount of 20% of petplan insurance
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 23:47:12 PM »
Excess on oldies though is very very high

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 18:50:19 PM »
Dont forget theres a 5% multi cat discount too  ;) ;)

It raises 10% of the premium for the rescue so a nice way of giving back on a yearly basis

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 11:50:16 AM »
I didn't know that - still not sure if it would come close to Axa prices even with the discount, although I know Petplan are the Creme de la Creme  :evillaugh: - I covered Kylie with Petplan when I adopted her from CP in London in Jan 2002. She was 2 1/2 then and it was £8 a month. Within 2 years, it had jumped to over £13 so I switched to Lloyds TSB for £5 a month (I didn't know about differences in policies then) I keep meaning to change her over to one with better cover. I insured Alice with Axa about 7 months ago as a 10 year old for £11 a month. When we went to CP HQ and were introduced to the operations manager, I told him about Axa but he said that they had a good deal with Petplan and got a commission on any policies that were continued after the 6 weeks free cover and also got a commission for each year people continued with it.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
CP volunteers get a discount of 20% of petplan insurance
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 22:46:05 PM »
I'm sure the majority of you CP bods know this already but thought it was worth posting in case anyone didn't! If you are a Cats Protection volunteer you can get a 20% discount on any petplan insurance policy. This is obviously quite a good discount and makes what is normally quite expensive (but very comprehensive) insurance accessible. If you haven't already considered this offer then you can find out the code to use by contact BSU (Branch support unit) at the NCC and they will tell you your unique branch ref no.

Link to CatChat