Author Topic: Hi fellow cat lovers!  (Read 3521 times)

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
Re: Hi fellow cat lovers!
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2009, 15:39:18 PM »
your crew are stunning  :Luv:

Offline DebbieM

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 11:29:45 AM »
Thanks for the info Trigger...I'm really pleased about this  :) I'm so glad I joined this forum, everyone seems really nice!  :hug: It's good to talk about our cats with like minded people.

Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash.
That one is the cat.
If man could be crossed with a cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat. -Mark Twain

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 10:39:43 AM »
Evie is 100% Russian Blue - no doubt about it - it is one of those breeds which only has one type, so they all look very similar

Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline DebbieM

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 09:27:26 AM »
is she very quiet? I only get an occasional peep out of Trigger - he never actually meouws

he also runs in a funny way, almost prancing along, with his front legs splayed - another characteristic is a kind of hurt expression they can wear, as they are very easily rebuffed - when he is down under my duvet the slightest movement from me and he is off

any of this sound familiar?

This sounds very familiar! If we make a fuss of Evie, and one of our other cats come over for a fuss, Evie turns her back and walks away. She never meows, but she chirrups when she's waiting for her dinner. It's the cutest sound! Sometimes she opens her mouth and I don't hear a sound come out! She has little purple pads on her feet.

I've just been looking a pictures of your Trigger and Tiffany (they're gorgeous :Luv2:) They look so contented! Trigger does look a lot like Evie! ;D

I managed to get a photo of her with her eyes open ...

And I couldn't resist this one that got taken along the way ... (her bald spot from her spaying hasnt grown back yet)

Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made the slave of the lash.
That one is the cat.
If man could be crossed with a cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat. -Mark Twain

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 22:49:45 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs and what beautiful cats they are especially Evie :Luv: :Luv:
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 22:21:50 PM »
is she very quiet? I only get an occasional peep out of Trigger - he never actually meouws

he also runs in a funny way, almost prancing along, with his front legs splayed - another characteristic is a kind of hurt expression they can wear, as they are very easily rebuffed - when he is down under my duvet the slightest movement from me and he is off

any of this sound familiar?
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline DebbieM

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 22:07:40 PM »
We wondered if she was a Russian Blue. She has a different temperament to the others. They wolf their food down and she delicately licks hers. It takes her ages longer so they try and nick mouthfuls off her plate!  :sneaky:  :rofl: I stand guard discretely! We call her the princess! I should really try and get a decent pic of her with her eyes open.  ;D

That one is the cat.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 21:57:21 PM »
such lovely kitties  :Luv: :Luv2:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 21:54:22 PM »
Hi Debbie

Evie looks very like a Russian Blue, which always have green eyes

I have a Russian called Trigger, and that could be him asleep on the cushion
Robert A. Heinlein:

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 21:40:02 PM »
Hiya DebbieM and  :welcome: to Purrs
 :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: ing the photos  :wow:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 21:40:39 PM by Stuart (Misty's Dad) »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2009, 21:12:39 PM »
Rossi has her moments although she is a very very quiet little thing (the only time she makes a noise is when I pick her up .... you'd think I was trying to murder her!  :rofl: She's fine once she is hanging over my shoulder but the actual picking up always involves a loud miaow - I have a feeling this may be related to an early memory and she may have been dropped or hurt when she was a baby .... I didn't get her until she 6 months old so don't know much about her early life apart from the fact she lived with young children!!!)

She also makes no sound when she purrs .... I only know she is whirring away because I feel her vibrating on my lap (which she is doing at this precise moment)  :Luv2:

But what she lacks in noise she certainly makes up for in character and "tortietude" she is a feisty little madam and would be described by our American friends as "spunky"  :rofl:

I don't mind her being quiet ... it makes a change ... as she shares me with Zephyr and Foxy (Abyssinian's and both very vocal).
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline DebbieM

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2009, 20:59:24 PM »
Wow Sam, that's uncanny!  :wow: Is she a bundle of energy too? Coco has way too much energy lol and she talks to us all the time! My old cat Landy was a tortie and white and she had a huge character! I just love 'em  :Luv2:

That one is the cat.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2009, 20:50:46 PM »
Hi Debbie and  :welcome: to Purrs,

Your babies are gorgeous and certainly seem to have settled in well.  I must admit I had to look twice at CoCo ... I thought you'd catnapped my little tortie princess Rossi (see the pic below).

I'm glad you have found the site useful and will sticking round  :hug:

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and  CoCo Rossi   :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 20:55:50 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2009, 20:03:55 PM »
Lovely and  :welcome: to Purrs.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2009, 20:02:47 PM »
I love them all  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 15:43:52 PM »
They are gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline DebbieM

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 15:21:20 PM »
Thanks for the welcome! Here are some photos of my furbabies  :Luv:

They came into the RSPCA at the start of December, and they were so emaciated the RSPCA didn't think they would even survive. They were dumped on somebodys doorstep in a cardboard box. Thankfully, now this is their forever home so they're not going anywhere! We rehomed them on the 21st January this year. And they're eating enough now to make up for their emaciated state!  :rofl:

This is Carra, he's around 2 years old, possibly 3 I'm told. He likes to sleep. He's had conjunctivistus and getting the drops in his eyes was a nightmare, thankfully that is done and now he can relax.

Carra a few days after he moved in.

This is Coco. Petite little thing she is, around a year old we think. She's crazy, fun, and loud! Very loving.

This is Evie, she's also around 2 years old. She's the sweetest thing, she has gorgeous green eyes.

« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 15:26:52 PM by DebbieM »

That one is the cat.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 14:20:24 PM »
Hiya and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 14:15:14 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Your furbies sound lovely but what do they bloomin look like  :rofl:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 10:16:57 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Debbie.  Glad you found us and decided to join  ;D
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 09:55:44 AM »
 :welcome: Debbie,

look forward to photos of your kitties  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 09:46:23 AM »
Hi Debby = welcome to Purrs - you know it against the rulez to talk about your cats and not give us photos of them :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I am sure you will fit right in and have a ball ...

Offline DebbieM

• Adult Cat
Hi fellow cat lovers!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 09:44:23 AM »
Hi, I'd like to introduce myself to your great forum. I'm Debbie from Northamptonshire and have found your forum invaluable during the last few weeks. I'l like to tell you abit about my furbabes. I had two rescued girls who we sadly lost in 2007 and 2008. I miss them both so much. They had heart problems but lived very happy lives until they were 8 and a half and 9 and a half. The house was too empty without them so we decided to rehome 3 adorable kitties from the RSPCA recently. Carra, Evie and Coco been with us for 4 weeks now and are settling in very well. We have had a few problems at first (conjuntivitus and bladder infections), with many trips to the vets but we are getting through that now. I have visited here a few times to read others experiences and have found the info very useful and will be coming back often!  :thanks: :hug:
Debbie

That one is the cat.

Link to CatChat