Author Topic: Speying  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
Re: Speying
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 09:54:17 AM »
Thanks for your help, unfortunately the last two cats they had had a litter every year until as i said below one ran off the other got ran over and sadly died.They don't seem bothered if this poor kitten has a litter of babies.I shall speak with her again to see if i can help in any other way as i don't want to upset her and seem a busy body i already feel like that now but i feel really sorry for this poor kitten

Offline jojo55

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 01:42:43 AM »
Hi all i have a neighbour who has a kitten around six months old and the poor thing has come into season and we now have this huge black tom cat crying outside our houses waiting for this poor baby to come outside.My neighbours are not too good with animals, the last cats they had started breeding from a very early age and they never bothered getting them neutered one ran off in the end the other sadly got ran over.Blow me down they went and had another two kittens one has since been taken in by someone else the other is now in season.Over the weekend this poor kitten has been harassed by this tom cat so i went round to the neighbour and explained about the neutering vouchers from the CPL league i have even given her the phone number of our local CPL and the vets number i really don't think she'll take this poor kitten to the vets any more suggestions from members that i can do apart from taking the kitten to the vets myself ??????

Do we actually know the reason why they will not have the cats neutered? Can you be sure that it is financial or is it that they simply can't be bothered. If it is the latter you could try telling them that looking after a litter of kittens will be a lot more bother. Or could there be another reason. My Grandmother (born in the 1900's) always thought that having tom cats neutered was  cruel and believed that female cats should be allowed to have one litter as it was cruel to deprive them of the chance to be mothers. Could it be that they actually want her to have kittens for some reason?

How you proceed really depends on the nature of your relationship with this neighbour. If she is a friend I would suggest you sit down with her and explain to her the benefits and perhaps offer some appropriate encouragement such as offering to drive her to the vet or something. If she is not a friend, you must be careful otherwise you may find yourself in the position of getting her door slammed in your face and being accused of being an interfearing busybody. I understand that you are acting out of concern in what you believe to be the best interests of both her and her cat, but will your neighbour see it that way? It may well be that these people simply don't care in which case I think there is very little that you can do, however sorry you may feel for this poor little cat.

Offline RACR

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
    • RACR
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 17:52:26 PM »
Hi all i have a neighbour who has a kitten around six months old and the poor thing has come into season and we now have this huge black tom cat crying outside our houses waiting for this poor baby to come outside.My neighbours are not too good with animals, the last cats they had started breeding from a very early age and they never bothered getting them neutered one ran off in the end the other sadly got ran over.Blow me down they went and had another two kittens one has since been taken in by someone else the other is now in season.Over the weekend this poor kitten has been harassed by this tom cat so i went round to the neighbour and explained about the neutering vouchers from the CPL league i have even given her the phone number of our local CPL and the vets number i really don't think she'll take this poor kitten to the vets any more suggestions from members that i can do apart from taking the kitten to the vets myself ??????

Sadly some people just cant be bothered to even take the cat and have them done, let alone pay. Would they take offense if you suggested you take her to be done? CPL can very helpful. Our local rspca have there own spaying scheme, they even collect the cat/s, take them and bring them back for a real cheap price. Not sure if yurs do the same?

I really hope this poor little one doesnt get pregnant :(

What have they said about someone taking in there other cat?

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 14:05:28 PM »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 20:02:46 PM »
You can find the local branch on cat chat www.catchat.org  ;D

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 15:54:40 PM »
Thanks for that Ela.  Do you have contact details please?

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 15:35:53 PM »
Cats Protection will most certainly give a voucher.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 15:31:46 PM »
She could also try the PDSA? I knwo they help with those on benefits, not sure about working tax credit but worth a call.

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
Speying
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 15:29:54 PM »
A friend of mine has a 8 month old kitten who she wants to get speyed.  The RSPCA recently announded free speying in our area so she rang and rang the number but no one ever got back to her.  She is on working tax credits - would the CPL give her a voucher?

Link to CatChat