Author Topic: Offer of a fab home for 2 - Rainham Kent*** updated***  (Read 11183 times)

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
Re: Offer of a fab home for 2 - Rainham Kent*** updated***
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 09:27:39 AM »
Looking forward to the photos

Offline Laine

• Kitten
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2009, 22:20:36 PM »
they seem to be growing by the day!!!  and putting their paws firmly under the table  :Luv: will try and put some more pics up tomorrow

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2009, 21:40:58 PM »
OMG what gorgeous boys .... Congratulations on your new arrivals  :Luv2:

We will of course be expecting  LOTS of pics of these handsome young men  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2009, 14:17:39 PM »
Congratulations x

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 23:18:29 PM »
what a lovely pair - and they look wonderfully fit and healthy
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 20:04:28 PM »
What an absolutely stunning pair of boys!

Offline Laine

• Kitten
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 13:35:08 PM »
Ronnie is bold as brass and looks after his brother who is still very timid.  Angela has had them since they were about 9 weeks old and were off the wall ferel  :Crazy:

They have both been neutered but she hadnt got round to jabs and chipping so they are booked in to be done in the morning (less money out of her pot!) and they will be chipped within the next few weeks as i dont like doing it all at once.

Ronnie loves a cuddle, throws himself at your feet for a belly tickle and purrs like a jackhammer!!!  Reggie can be the same but only on his terms, which is fine by us.

They are both not sure what to make of the puppy, but she is being very good in taking their hints to bog off  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 13:24:01 PM »
congratulations!!

Offline Laine

• Kitten
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 13:13:50 PM »
They were to two boys from Angela Walder (RSPCA Sheppey)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 12:14:19 PM »
What handsome little boys  :Luv2:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 12:09:58 PM »
LOve them especially Ronnie  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 12:08:05 PM »
where are they from?????????????

Offline Laine

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 12:06:05 PM »
Meet Ronnie and Reggie

Ronnie

Reggie

:Luv2:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Offer of a fab home for 2 - Rainham Kent
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 16:51:27 PM »
Good luck  ;D

Offline Laine

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 13:49:08 PM »
They are a bit older than my OH wanted to go but i will have a chat with him tonight to see what he says.

Angela Walder has put an advert is Sheppey's local paper about 2 black and white 6 month old brothers - i've phoned but she out until tonight and i've also spoken to a man at Bredhurst and will be visiting this weekend

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 11:09:43 AM »
This is from Maidstone Cp and virtually on the doorstep.. Surely they would do a HC for these 2 cats in need and dog proof as well. Is there a way to contact this lady and let her know about these two as rather urgent?

I’m so sorry to be emailing again … please don’t shoot the messenger.  I have had a request from Maidstone Branch to help with two cats called Sweep and Sugar.  I know you all have your own waiting lists and so this is really just on the off chance that you have space or know of a suitable home but don’t have the right cats yourselves.  Sweep and Sugar’s owner has moved in with his girlfriend who has a Rottweiler.  The Rottweiler and the cats don’t get on although the cats have lived with a dog before so can live with a cat friendly dog.  Sweep is a black DSH 13 years old and Sugar is a white and black DSH 10yrs old.  They are both neutered and believed to be fully vaccinated but this needs to be confirmed. They are healthy cats with no known medical conditions.  Mainly indoor cats but used to having access to the outside.  They only go out for a little bit and then come back in.  Must go together.  Unsure if they get on with other cats. 

If you can help, please contact Larry on 01732 847
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 20:15:10 PM »
Very sorrry to hear about Barney and so pleased he learned to come in and have some quality loving time  :hug:

I hope you find a pair of cats quickly cos I know how lonly it is when you lose your best friend.

keep on checking our cats looking for homes section cos it changes quite a lot  :hug:

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
  • Whiskers now at the bridge & Phoebe currently AWOL
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 18:41:09 PM »
Hello Laine and welcome to Purrs,

We have another member from the Medway area ;D

You should go and visit the shelter in Bredhurst - Sharon is right - you will be spoilt for choice - I was there not long ago (still looking for my missing cat) and there are plenty of gorgeous cats looking for a forever home. Also there is Penny who runs the RSPCA cattery in Strood - she is very nice and helpful - if you would like her details let me know.

Good luck with your search and let us know how you get on.

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 16:08:19 PM »
Arrrr you see i have a few nice friends in Sheppey Cp and we have rehomed a few of their cats.. so they might be very willing...Esp if you mention "me"...Bredhurst should also be able to as they have a few paid staff as opposed to us..Worth a try and baring in mind that Bredhurst currently have over 165 cats in their care you will be spoilt for choice...! Other then that come back to me!!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Offline Laine

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 15:55:58 PM »
Cat chat is where i've been looking and where all the addresses and phone numbers of the rejections have come from!

Im loath to line pockets of people who cant be bothered to have their cats neutered but at the moment im getting so stressed with constant rejection that i see no other option.

Will have a look at Bredhurst.  Think local CP or RSPCA would be Sheppey, but both are quite small scale.  Will be checking with those in a mo

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 15:37:38 PM »
The problem is homechecks sadly as its difficult to ask a volunteer to do long journeys as many dont claim fuel money.. I do tend to make sure people use local rescues first.. if HC then its no problem at all as long as you are prepared to do the travelling.. Have you tried Bredhurst Shelter... What is your nearest CP...?   Or rescue...>?
Have you searched the www.catchat.org listings?

« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 15:38:16 PM by Canterbury_cats (Sharon) »

Offline Laine

• Kitten
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 15:33:27 PM »
It was one place in canterbury (though dont think it was cp) that said i was too far away, they only home within 20 miles and im something like 24 miles!!!

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 15:32:06 PM »
Hi Liane.. we do indeed rehome out of area, but HC always first.. so some nice local rescue will need to be sweet talked to.. Not sure if we have anyone local to that area you see. However.. we are out of pairs .. i rehomed the last pairs young young females a week ago.. In fact we have been doing darn good on rehoming lately. Having rehomed the last 2 kittens in our care today, only after a week with us.. I know that Sheppey Cp has 2 oscan and Suki.. Both young cats but Oscar is full pulling due to stress and hence he needs a home that is fairly quiet not sure if they are dog proof...

If you are up for single cats then we have several that would suit the bill..But all older then you say.. Only Tilly a young female around 9 months i think.. but i am not sure about dogs again.. and she is currently being assessed as came into our care due to toilet problems.. (kids i think stressing her out)...

Who have you tried already?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 15:25:53 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Laine

Sorry to hear about Barney  :hug: I'm sure he'd be very proud that you have room in your hearts for another furry friend or two  :hug:

Have you spoken to Canterbury CP?  I know they have homed out of area before (subject to homecheck of course) - we have several members of Canterbury CP who are active on Purrs.  :luck: with your kitty hunt  :)

Offline Laine

• Kitten
Offer of a fab home for 2 - Rainham Kent*** updated***
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 14:57:30 PM »
Was told about this site by a friend after grumping about not being able to find a pair of cats from the rescue's i've tried.

On Friday 13th!! i lost my beloved Barney cat.  I took him in via the RSPCA as he was due to be put down.  He was dumped with a ferel colony where he proceeded to fight with all other cats, he was trapped and neutered then returned to the colony.  When he continued to fight they trapped him and tried to rehome him but being black and white he was overlooked.  I didnt need a cat at the time but took him anyway and he became a stable yard cat.  Until i moved in with my partner last year and it snowed!! He then became the best house cat in the world! A real purry lap cat   :Luv:

Anyway, i digress

The house is too empty with no feline company.  We are in Rainham, Kent.  Have a very well behaved 6 month old jack russell puppy ( who is missing Barney terribly) that is out of the house all day with me at work, so, as with Barney, any cats we get will have free rein of the house through the day and have a visit from my partner when he comes home for lunch.  We have a cat flap in situ but always have a tray down.  We have a fair sized garden also.  We have both had cats all out lives.  Any cats we take on would live like kings (or queens) and would be insured to cover vets fee's etc so as to safe guard any vet treatment.

We are happy to travel some distance and should a home visit not be possible i can provide personal/vet/cattery  references.

Please if anyone has a lovely pair of cats needing a fab home please get in touch, i am more than a little disheartened at the number of 'centres' that have dismissed us over a few miles extra to travel.

Ok, we would ideally like a young pair of cats/kittens a year old or younger but obviously that is not set in stone.  Either moggy or pedigree we dont care (have experience of everything from domestic moggy's to persians).

:thanks:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 11:45:11 AM by Laine »

Link to CatChat